Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mass Testing (Le test en masse)

Started by Chedney Honks, November 23, 2020, 06:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on December 22, 2020, 07:59:54 PM
Not publicly.

Public now?

Fucking 3 weeks seems like 3 years in the civil service. I remember them scampering on a Teams call, rejoicing and prancing over the moonshot. Moonshit I muttered but I was thankfully on mute.

Zetetic

olliebean

Quote from: Zetetic on December 22, 2020, 05:28:30 PM
Different situations, isn't it?

As you say, your Trust is doing them twice weekly. Presumably following training? Presumably by people used to jabbing stuff into humans (at least those most likely to catch it)?

That's quite a different situation to students or members of the general public doing it once or maybe twice at all, with very limited instructions and often with strong disincentives for actually getting a positive[nb]Noting that some healthcare staff will also be disincentivised, but many won't.[/nb].

These are the tests that are supposed to be used in schools from January? Where they are supposed to be administered by the staff without any training being provided, and probably in a hurry because they've still got their normal job to get on with? Fine, what could possibly go wrong with that?