Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs that are the same all way through but u could listen 2 forever on a loop

Started by Blinder Data, November 25, 2020, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

I found this song on Spotify via some playlist. The piano, the bass, the plaintive vocals - it's just so pleasing.

Come on Home - The Lijadu Sisters: https://youtu.be/ra3viRmd4Fw

I feel like I could listen to it until the end of time and never get sick of it.

Are there any other songs that have a groove in that way? I was about to suggest Solange's Losing You but after relistening to it, while its foundation is comfortingly repetitive, it's got verses and choruses!

That's not what I'm after. Songs that barely change at all, please, and probably best to exclude techno and other forms of repetitive music. I'm after grooves!

chveik

Sin Agog

Seem to recall the comp Cold Heat - Heavy Funk Rarities having quite a few horny near lock-grooves.  Possibly another one by the same label, The Funky 16 Corners, is cut from the same cloth.

The Mollusk

Oneida - Sheets of Easter

14 minutes of pounding bliss. The silence is deafening when it ends so I wish it never would.

phantom_power

The Past is a Grotesque Animal by Of Montreal. 12 minutes longer and could still go on for twice as long. Cheating a bit as it does build up but it is the same basic riff over and again

jobotic

Terminal Cheesecake's version of Flipper's Sex Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnr4h1v8v20

see also Flipper's version of Flipper's Sex Bomb and Terminal Cheesecake's own songs.

lazyhour

I once listened to Albatross by Fleetwood Mac on a loop for over an hour. It was brilliant.

jobotic

Used to be a ten hour loop of the Sorry theme tune on youtube but its gone. It was great, not that I made it more than half an hour into it.

non capisco

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 26, 2020, 11:53:52 PM
Oneida - Sheets of Easter

14 minutes of pounding bliss. The silence is deafening when it ends so I wish it never would.

Ah, you beat me to it. I could live in this thing for a million years. Profoundly soothing like the industrial wail of a hair dryer on full switch. An inverse in-womb experience. This co-ordinated racket has calmed me down countless times, I love it to bits. Bliss is absolutely the word.

non capisco

Quote from: jobotic on November 28, 2020, 12:56:57 AM
Used to be a ten hour loop of the Sorry theme tune on youtube but its gone. It was great, not that I made it more than half an hour into it.

This as well.

beanheadmcginty

Drag Racer by the Doug Wood Band, AKA the theme tune to the snooker. Sounds like it's going to end but it doesn't. Goes back round again and this time, when you least want it to, it does end. But it could go on forever. Even longer than a match against Peter Ebdon.

Jockice

Quote from: jobotic on November 28, 2020, 12:24:15 AM
Terminal Cheesecake's version of Flipper's Sex Bomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnr4h1v8v20

see also Flipper's version of Flipper's Sex Bomb and Terminal Cheesecake's own songs.

Let's not forger Brainwash by Flipper. A song I have been known to listen to for hours and hours on end.