Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arthur Matthews' The Cummings Files

Started by Mobbd, November 25, 2020, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobbd

I haven't read this. Has anyone here given it a go? I'm curious to know if it's as shit as it looks.

https://allenandunwin.com/browse/books/general-books/humour-gift/The-Cummings-Files-CONFIDENTIAL-Arthur-Mathews-9780571365821

QuoteIn this illuminating collection of diary entries, notes-to-self and crumpled post-its, we reveal what's really going on in the Cummings brain.

Dominic Cummings has a lively mind. He is constantly thinking; planning; coming up with BIG ideas. During a time of momentous events in Britain (Brexit, a General Election, The Covid 19 Pandemic) the Government's chief adviser has been writing down his thoughts - in diaries, blog posts, on post-it notes and any scrap of paper he can find.

Discovered in an abandoned back-pack on a train (was the Government's chief advisor breaking the lockdown regulations for an unnecessary journey? - surely not), we reveal the intriguing contents.

These include:
The full story of those trips to Durham (he travelled up every weekend - once on a horse and cart)
His plans for a biopic of Otto Von Bismarck (starring Sanjeev Bhaskar)
The contents of his 1995 Russian diary (which he planned to destroy)
What happens when you hit Michael Gove over the head with a pencil
His close relationship with the Prime Minister (and reaction to his death when given wrong information by Matt Hancock)

And much, much more....

imitationleather

The publisher must be gutted that he's resigned.

The former Father Ted writer's unexpected new book.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe full story of those trips to Durham (he travelled up every weekend - once on a horse and cart)
His plans for a biopic of Otto Von Bismarck (starring Sanjeev Bhaskar)
The contents of his 1995 Russian diary (which he planned to destroy)
What happens when you hit Michael Gove over the head with a pencil
His close relationship with the Prime Minister (and reaction to his death when given wrong information by Matt Hancock

Looks like another attempt to humanise an utter tosser.

On Amazon.co.uk:

QuoteBest Sellers Rank: 11,564 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
48 in Political Humour (Books)
1,177 in General Humour
1,223 in Humorous Fiction (Books)

You can also get a Cummings calendar if you have £15.95.

jobotic

Quote from: Mobbd on November 25, 2020, 06:09:22 PM
I haven't read this. Has anyone here given it a go? I'm curious to know if it's as shit as it looks.

https://allenandunwin.com/browse/books/general-books/humour-gift/The-Cummings-Files-CONFIDENTIAL-Arthur-Mathews-9780571365821

The very thought of reading that fills me with despair. I reckon you'll be lucky to find anyone to satisfy your curiosity.

James O'Brien will probably have a quote about how hilarious it is along soon.

Mobbd

Quote from: jobotic on November 26, 2020, 04:32:39 PM
The very thought of reading that fills me with despair.

It does look fairly desso.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 26, 2020, 04:06:56 PM
Looks like another attempt to humanise an utter tosser.
I think you've got it. Be nice if people learned from the current crop of cunts, that we don't need a new crop.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

It sounds like the kind of thing we could collectively write ourselves in HS Art only ours would be swearier and more biting.

I mean really, is there any need for this kind of Very Secret Diary shite in a world of Twitter memes and Facebook shitpost groups?