Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:28:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How long, on average, does it take you between hearing of a celebrity death...

Started by touchingcloth, November 25, 2020, 07:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

...and wondering what the thread title on CaB is going to be? I can't remember the last one where it's taken me longer than 5 seconds tops, and it's ruined my life to the point where now if a non-CaBber is the first to tell me of a death, I stop paying attention to them until I've said "heh, Gonnie Huq" or whatever, to their abject disinterest slash horror.

poo

I like the ones where you think someone's died but they haven't really

touchingcloth

lankyguy95

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 25, 2020, 07:27:32 PM
...and wondering what the thread title on CaB is going to be? I can't remember the last one where it's taken me longer than 5 seconds tops, and it's ruined my life to the point where now if a non-CaBber is the first to tell me of a death, I stop paying attention to them until I've said "heh, Gonnie Huq" or whatever, to their abject disinterest slash horror.
I just laughed at "Gonnie Huq"

famethrowa

I've got 2 in the bomb bay, John Craven and Fred Schneider. No I can't give them away early

lankyguy95

I've got one for the writer Ted N. Buried but I'm not giving anyone a clue.

Quote from: lankyguy95 on November 26, 2020, 03:14:33 AM
I've got one for the writer Ted N. Buried but I'm not giving anyone a clue.

I'm holding out for Juan Putin-D'Cave to get seriously ill.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I used to have an absolute 24 carat solid gold bon mot for Betty White, but the stupid old cunt's stayed alive for so long I've fucking forgotten it. What the fuck is she doing still being alive? She's a fucking yank actress who's appeared in loads of shit comedy series, not a member of the British Royal Family. Her still being alive is just brazenly taking the piss out of our own dear Beryl Reid, who'd long since carked it by the time she was fucking Betty White's age.

studpuppet

Imagine how many people on here have got one stored up for the Queen - all that time to think 'em up...

idunnosomename

Quote from: studpuppet on November 26, 2020, 10:20:30 AM
Imagine how many people on here have got one stored up for the Queen - all that time to think 'em up...
whereever i am when i hear it: titanic wank

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 26, 2020, 10:22:54 AM
whereever i am when i hear it: titanic wank

That thing of where you pop a 1:20 scale model of the Titanic up your arse first? I'll be joining you in that, fella.

petril

about two seconds after I try to juxtapose some facet of said celebrity's life with the idea of a white Fiat Uno

shiftwork2

I've mentioned this before but I had Liz Dawn Fades ready for when Vera Duckworth kicked the bucket.  Unfortunately I didn't notice when she died.

studpuppet

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2020, 10:35:20 AM
That thing of where you pop a 1:20 scale model of the Titanic up your arse first? I'll be joining you in that, fella.

Only works if you have a 1:20 scale model of Kate Winslet on the prow with her arms sticking out.

touchingcloth

Quote from: studpuppet on November 26, 2020, 04:41:14 PM
Only works if you have a 1:20 scale model of Kate Winslet on the prow with her arms sticking out.

Do you think I don't? Do you honestly think I don't?

Dex Sawash

Hope I live to post Checked out, this Dunst when Kirsten gets dead.

petril

Quote from: studpuppet on November 26, 2020, 10:20:30 AM

just posting a link to that Smiths track everywhere the second I find out instead. no time to think

beanheadmcginty

There's an extremely competitive Facebook group called Six Feet Punder that ensures I find out about a notable person's death in pun form within milliseconds of their head hitting the slab.