Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,478
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

License to Kill...

Started by bgmnts, November 26, 2020, 08:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

... animals now made slightly harder for utter psychopaths.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-55086547

I know it won't change a single thing and cunts will still be cunts en masse but still, it's nice to just pretend.

JamesTC

Urinal Cake

Quoteconcluded that a third of satellite-tagged golden eagles had disappeared suspiciously
Pretty difficult to tell an eagle from a grouse.

It's not that anyone claims to mistake an eagle for a grouse, it's that gamekeepers and other 'land managers' deliberately kill eagles and other raptors who predate grouse chicks, thereby creating a shortage of grouse for the corpulent Barbour jacket-wearing wanks to shoot for 'sport'.

Mountain hares have also been persecuted to the brink of extinction in some areas (the population in some parts of the Scottish highlands are at 1% of 1950s levels). Gamekeepers claim that they spread a disease (the quaintly-named 'louping ill') to grouse and have been free to kill as many as they like up until now (licensing of hare-culling is also being introduced).

Might be the beginning of the end for the monoculture of grouse and heather, but remains to be seen whether this is properly monitored and enforced.

bgmnts

I hate all these humans and I want them all hunted to absolute exhaustion before being summarily executed.

Then piled into a warehouse where their skin is used as tarpaulin or something pointless.

jobotic

But it will make our business (of killing) less profitable! Waah waah

Fucking scum.

Sebastian Cobb

Take the public land back, it's the only way.

Urinal Cake

QuoteIt's not that anyone claims to mistake an eagle for a grouse, it's that gamekeepers and other 'land managers' deliberately kill eagles and other raptors who predate grouse chicks, thereby creating a shortage of grouse for the corpulent Barbour jacket-wearing wanks to shoot for 'sport'.
Yes I know, it was sarcasm.

I don't mind hunting especially if it's done with the intention of food, land management etc and all the other normal caveats.

Buelligan

Quote from: the article in the OPThe British Association for Shooting and Conservation, Scottish Countryside Alliance, Scottish Gamekeepers' Association, Scottish Association for Country Sports and Scottish Land & Estates issued a joint statement in response to the announcement.

It said: "We are dismayed that the Scottish government has not listened to the voice of some of our most fragile communities which are at the heart of a world class rural business sector."

Grouse:

DATE                         BRACE      PRICE (INCL.)
August & September   125          £23,250 per day (£2,906.25 per gun, 8 guns)
October                     100          £18,000 per day (£2,250 per gun, 8 guns)
November                   80          £14,080 per day (£1,760 per gun, 8 guns)

https://www.dawnay.co.uk/sporting/prices-availability/

How much do they pay the beaters?  They get contracts, do they?  Or is it cash in hand, casual, in these fragile rural communities that you world class, oven-ready, business people care about?

Twit 2

Plus - roadkill is free. Get your pheasants off the roadside; don't need to fuck about on the estates.

Thomas

Aren't there any animal-shooting videogames these psychosexual maniacs can content themselves with? Someone tell them you can kill armadillos in Red Dead Redemption.

Buelligan

Or they could watch Bambi for laughs
Spoiler alert
.  They only kill his mum!  :(
[close]

Blinder Data

grouse shooting is for cunts, all people involved in that kind of thing are cunts, put the killers of rare animals in prison, take their land off of them 👍

Cuellar

If it annoys The British Association for Shooting and Conservation, Scottish Countryside Alliance, Scottish Gamekeepers' Association, Scottish Association for Country Sports and Scottish Land & Estates then I'm FOR IT

Quote from: Thomas on November 26, 2020, 09:39:24 PM
Aren't there any animal-shooting videogames these psychosexual maniacs can content themselves with? Someone tell them you can kill armadillos in Red Dead Redemption.

These people are nature-lovers - you can't deny them the pleasure of getting out into the natural world and obliterating it. Anyway, it's not the same if you can't boast about how much money you make as you pass round the hip flask and network with other High Net Worth Individuals.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 26, 2020, 09:11:48 PM
Yes I know, it was sarcasm.

I don't mind hunting especially if it's done with the intention of food, land management etc and all the other normal caveats.

I did assume it was sarcastic, but it was a convenient launch pad for my mini-rant.

Norton Canes

'Raptor persecution', ooh, that's my phrase of the week.

poo

They tried reintroducing crocodiles into the River Taff. Except they weren't crocodiles but baguettes painted green. There's a film of them throwing tons of these green baguettes off the Old Bridge in Ponty. Google "Pontypridd baguette crocodiles" if you don't believe me. Team of 20 "scientists" got £750,000 for it from the Welsh Government. Drakeford out!