Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Shitting Forecast

Started by Jittlebags, November 27, 2020, 01:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Over here in Wales, laybys and informal roadside parking are being closed down, double yellow lines being plastered about. Apparently it's due to van campers as opposed to camper vans, the former being a van equipped with a matress and a stove, and little else. So any layby is a shitty nightmare, much as much of Kent is destined to be once the Brexit transition period is done.

Emma Raducanu

Years ago I went to a beach in Halkidiki on a stretch of forest where people go wild camping. It was literally a maze of strewn toilet paper and human shit everywhere. That's how I'm imagining Wales right now.

Replies From View

Quote from: DolphinFace on November 27, 2020, 07:19:07 AM
It was literally a maze of strewn toilet paper and human shit everywhere.

Wonderful!  I'm imagining kids within it, trying to find their way out and having the time of their lives.

An absolute fucking blast of a day, I'll wager.

dissolute ocelot

They've been having similar issues around Loch Lomond for a while. Too close to Glasgow, lots of people drive up there, stick up a tent if they're fancy, get wasted, and shit excessively. They've tried all kinds of bans, but nothing seems to work because you can't ban people from being cunts.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 27, 2020, 09:51:47 AM
They've been having similar issues around Loch Lomond for a while. Too close to Glasgow, lots of people drive up there, stick up a tent if they're fancy, get wasted, and shit excessively. They've tried all kinds of bans, but nothing seems to work because you can't ban people from being cunts.

There's a popular bothie in the highlands where the volunteers got so sick of people leaving shit and bog roll right next to it, they installed some 'long drop' toilets with bags attached, that they helicopter out every so often.

https://cairngormwanderer.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/looking-after-the-bothies-why-bother/

I've used the Corrour Bothy 'composting' toilet while camping in the Cairngorms and can confirm that the smell is utterly eye-watering and boke-inducing. Not an experience for the faint-hearted. Better than people burying (or not burying) their shite in what should be a wilderness area, however.

I haven't left the Glasgow area much this year, for obvious reasons, but with little in the way of foreign holidays available, it seems to have been the worst yet year for general filth and destruction left by so-called 'wild campers' and camper van/bonfire piss-up neds. They wake up in the morning with a hangover, see the carnage they've left, and bugger off before anyone can accost them. Can't understand the mentality.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 27, 2020, 10:01:35 AM
There's a popular bothie in the highlands where the volunteers got so sick of people leaving shit and bog roll right next to it, they installed some 'long drop' toilets with bags attached, that they helicopter out every so often.

https://cairngormwanderer.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/looking-after-the-bothies-why-bother/

Want to go see that to understand about the jobbie pipes inside the don't-look-down that need manual cleaning.
Greggs has slipped to #2[nb]accidental[nb]as when you shit yourself[/nb] joke[/nb] on my UK travel wishlist.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 27, 2020, 12:03:01 PM
Want to go see that to understand about the jobbie pipes inside the don't-look-down that need manual cleaning.
Greggs has slipped to #2[nb]accidental[nb]as when you shit yourself[/nb] joke[/nb] on my UK travel wishlist.

Usually people are inspired to visit the Cairngorms by the tranquility; the beautiful northern light, vast, unchanging tundra-like plateaux, sparkling remote lochs, pink granite screes, the wild corries with winter snowdrift remnants lingering long into the summer. You want to visit them to examine the workings of a shit-encrusted pipe in a stinking, claustrophobic toilet?

I can think of no finer endorsement of this noble place that we call CaB.

Fr.Bigley

I stood in human shite twice at the Galloway Dark sky park in 2016 whilst doing some amateur astronomy. I get people need "to go" but there were toilet facilities a few hundred yards away. I like to think it was just some loopy cunt that knew the majority of folk would be wondering around in the dark up there so he saved his(or hers, i'm a modern man) shite in a carrier bag and took them up there for the weekend, sitting in a lay-by nearby with night vision goggles watching me go "what, what....OH NAAAAH FUCK MAN ...DIRTY BASTARD!" whilst having a tug and laughing at me.