Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clapped Out Van Delivers

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 27, 2020, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Cuellar

Ah great, I've been dying to know what Eric Clapton thinks about the lockdowns.

Icehaven

I'm not saying middle aged millionaires don't get to have an opinion in times of national hardship, but no one wants to fucking hear it.

Edit: OK the proceeds are going to a charity for musicians who are struggling because of the live music ban, but tbh a rerecording of Brown Eyed Girl would probably make more money than dreaded 'new material'.

Sebastian Cobb

Hope they all form a supergroup, like a grumpy old man version of live aid, Lozza, Iain Brown all of them. It'd be hilarious, they'd probably all fall out before anyone's pressed record as well.

thenoise

So they recorded and released a single via iTunes, Amazon Prime and Deezer to voice that there is no alternative to live music during lockdown?

Pinball

Yes but they did it for free, just how Spotify likes it.

beanheadmcginty

Clapton's missed a trick by not just re-releasing Behind The Mask.

PlanktonSideburns

harold shipman lookin fuming there

also why has waxwork bob hoskins got part of a brazillian nuclear reactor on his guitar cab

PlanktonSideburns

also whats batou from ghost in the shell smirking about?

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 27, 2020, 10:42:17 PM

harold shipman lookin fuming there

also why has waxwork bob hoskins got part of a brazillian nuclear reactor on his guitar cab

A man who would try and sell you a DVD player in an east end pub has let himself go.

Chedney Honks

Why would I listen to a guy who dropped his dog off the Empire State Building

ElTwopo

Haven't heard the song, but is it this?:

Would you know my name
If I saw you in lockdown?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in lockdown?
I must be strong
And carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in lockdown

Paul Calf

Eric Clapton, a tedious right-wing reactionary windbag with no empathy for anyone who isn't like him?

Quote from: Eric Claptout, 1976
Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands ... So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country ... I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white ... The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man ... This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? ... Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

I don't believe that for a second.

Pinball