Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,489
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boss Level (2020)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, November 27, 2020, 07:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This latest Groundhog Dog-esque flick is an action drama, and a very odd mix it is too. When it's being a ridiculously violent piece it's a huge amount of fun, when it's being serious and dramatic it's misguided and dull. Plus when it comes to the ending,
Spoiler alert
it leaves a huge amount of questions unanswered (like, um, is the world still going to end that day?) and though the point it's making is clear, it's a tedious and shit one
[close]
. Mel Gibson pops up and is really hammy as the villain, your lead bloke Frank Grillo is watchable but only that, and Naomi Watts is strangely weak, and so due to that and the spoiler-y bits above I can't really recommend it, though if you've half an hour spare it's probably worth watching the opening 10 minutes and the scenes from about forty minutes in to an hour and ten, as they're really enjoyable. 5.8/10

Head Gardener

Neomod

Real Division 2 stuff. I thought it was from a comic book property as it shares a similar premise to Deathloop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jziktWnfJcA

Apparently not.

BlodwynPig

Hate it when films take a current meme/phrase and turn it into a film.

Manchester, Get in Sea
I Bamlem, Daniel Bleak
Falling Down Through the Bar

that sort of shit

Bleeding Kansas

BlodwynPig

Famous Mortimer

I just watched it and it's brilliant. Frank Grillo is great in it, and it uses the tropes of time-loop movies very well. I love a good time-loop.

beanheadmcginty

The CGI in this is fucking shocking. Frank Grillo's torso is frankly incredible for a 55 year old man.