Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

WIMBLEWRONG DOUBLES 2020 FINAL ROUND: Funkee Homofiles vs Team E. Smith

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, November 28, 2020, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Crabwalk

selectivememory

It's been such a great final, and I don't want to vote against the Funkee Homofiles, but Team E. Smith were just bloody amazing. Three of their four shots were 10/10's in my book, which is pretty damn impressive. So Team E. Smith it is for me.

The first four shots were equally epic. Conversely, I found shots five and six less so after the shift from Revelations to Rontology. It really did come down to shots seven and eight for me, and I can't decide. The final shot plays beautifully off the seventh shot, and yet it would not exist without the seventh shot. It's a tie.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

pancreas

I think no-one's voting because they don't want to ruin the thread with tortured decisions.

Funkee Homofiles.

selectivememory

Christ, this turnout is dismal. Sorry lads, your efforts deserve a lot more. Still another day to go, but as it stands it's one vote apiece.

chveik

Cerys

After much deliberation, my vote goes to Team E. Smith.  I stand by what I said, though - this match should not end.

Gregory Torso

Really great stuff in here, everyone. Excellent work. My favourites were the second and fourth images, so I'd vote Team E Smith.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: selectivememory on December 12, 2020, 11:25:06 PM
Christ, this turnout is dismal. Sorry lads, your efforts deserve a lot more. Still another day to go, but as it stands it's one vote apiece.

I think everyone's gone home... :(

I suppose if someone hadn't followed the rest of the tournament or read the Draws & Rules thread they might not know who is on each team (especially as we all ignored your advice to write the team name on each shot!)
Anyway in case anyone was wondering the teams are:

Funkee Homofiles: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien & Lordofthefiles
Team E. Smith: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops & Mr Farenheit

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: selectivememory on December 12, 2020, 11:25:06 PM
Christ, this turnout is dismal. Sorry lads, your efforts deserve a lot more.
Agreed. I'm going to wax lyrical about this match a bit more because it deserves to have more things said about it. After we were knocked out, I felt a bit apathetic towards the rest of the tournament, but this final absolutely blew me away.

The Four Horsemen of the Cabocalypse was a fantastic concept and I love that the rest of the match stuck largely with the theme, each shot building on the next to tell a story.

All the text in shot #2 utterly make it (people who whine about too many words can fuck right off) - "why dost thou mock us with a remembrance of hair"/"the kings of the forum [...] in anger saw that a woman of the forum had beaten them there and barricaded herself in a cave in France"/"insofar as The Day Shall Come does not really count, as I hath heard it was not really up to His standards".

There's so much in shot #3. Jesus Jezza bringing with him such upheaval. The royal family being clubbed as seals. Farrige running from scary migrants parting the sea. HE WILL SURELY NUKE ISRAEL. Bojo and the bozos puking blood from the 'Vid. Magnificent.

Seal God devouring things "as though they were fish".

Shot #5 playing off Ron!Moses from shot #4 to create Rontology.

Shot #6's anagram work and Tom Cruise leaping on the sofa.

"Bad Ron had ploughed through all the free wanking material known to mankind" with Jeffrey Epstein as the purveyor of hellish delights.

The final shot running with the ape fucking a pig from the previous shot, and bringing our time-traveller to the new earth populated by pig monkeys.

Even laying it all out like that I still can't choose. Shot #8 is such a perfect ending, but voting for Team E. Smith doesn't seem fair when Funkee Homofiles introduced both the apocalyptic theme and Rontology. I just wanted to write more words about this match because everybody put such a lot of hard work and thought into their shots and there's nothing worse than getting radio silence in response to a creative effort. Say something to them folks, please. Even if you can't pick a winner.

touchingcloth

Homofiles, but Christ what a great match all round, a very tough decision.

selectivememory

That's it. Voting is closed. And having counted the SEVEN votes cast, I can now confirm that with a 4-3 victory in this final, the champions of Wimblewrong Doubles 2020 are the wonderful Pearly-Dewdrops Drops and Mr Farenheit of Team E. Smith. Congratulations!

It's a shame it all ended on a bit of a whimper with that poor voting turnout, but nevertheless, that was one of the best Wimblewrong matches I can remember, and I'm going to assume that a lot of people didn't vote because they couldn't choose between you. So well done also to the Funkee Homofiles for their contribution, and thanks to everyone who played and voted in this tournament. There have been some tremendously fun matches, and I hope we can do doubles again in the future.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: selectivememory on December 14, 2020, 01:55:59 AM
I'm going to assume that a lot of people didn't vote because they couldn't choose between you.

Arse. That was exactly the reason and I planned to come back and spend some more time mulling it over. Oh, well, it was a fine match and both teams deserved to win.

Al, would you mind posting the text that's in the Origins of Rontology book, please? I can't read it in the image and I imagine I'm missing some humour.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Well done other team, some great shots played. Thanks to SM for the organisation skills much appreciated.

Hopefully this can be an annual thing like the main tournament.

Johnny I'll post it later.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 14, 2020, 02:53:39 AM
Al, would you mind posting the text that's in the Origins of Rontology book, please? I can't read it in the image and I imagine I'm missing some humour.

The text is not that funny as I didn't put much effort into it as I thought it would be too small to read. Standard poo-bum-willyhead humor.

Lordofthefiles

Congratulations Team E. Smith, you brilliant sods.

...and thanks very much selectivememory for hosting/officiating/peacekeeping the tournament.

A big Top Gun style slap on the arse for Al my team mate too - a gentleman of the sport.

I loved the group stage idea.
Every match was special in its own way, thoroughly enjoyed the sledging, commentating and analysis by participants and spectators too

...and I thought the final was an absolutely wonderful advert for the highbrow game that is Wimblewrong - maximum effort from everyone made it a fine spectacle!!!

Can't wait for the next tournament

Mr Farenheit

Thanks to the Homofiles for an epic 2-week long match. Some great shots and really enjoyed the Rontology bonus material just now as well. Thanks as well to Al for encouraging us to give Wimblewrong a crack in the first place earlier in the year.

Thanks to selectivememory for organising everything, loved having proper league tables, and thanks for sending the prize money through so promptly (even before I had time to give you my account details!)- I never realised it was so much, its a life-changing sum really.

And thanks to my team-mate Pearly for making it easy with some incredible shots and turning me onto the magic of performance-enhancing drugs... Couldn't have done it without you the drugs

Amazing final (and tournament as a whole). Thanks for running things selectivememory.

On the one hand, that was basically a tie and on the strengths of the shots Funkee Homofiles should also be declared the winners. On the other hand, we deserve to win solely for Mr. Farenheit discovering that Ron Hayward is an anagram of "Hardon Awry."

The doubles format is a lot of fun and adds a new dimension to the game. Pleasure wronging with you, Mr F.

Crabwalk

Bah, sorry for missing the voting deadline. Don't think I could've split you anyhow. I know how much these matches can occupy your life so huge kudos to you all because this final was bloody glorious.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on December 14, 2020, 11:49:03 AM
The text is not that funny as I didn't put much effort into it as I thought it would be too small to read. Standard poo-bum-willyhead humor.

Well, it made me laugh, so thanks for posting it.