Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5A 5A 5APE?

Started by falafel, November 29, 2020, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our theme (only vote if you're participating, check thread for details)?

Soundtrack a feature-length film (each participant gets a segment)
1 (4.3%)
Soundtrack a series / set of short films or cartoons (one per participant)
0 (0%)
Radio times listings
7 (30.4%)
Voynich Manuscript
1 (4.3%)
Garden of Earthly Delights
9 (39.1%)
COVID HAUNTOLOGY
5 (21.7%)
Derke: Music Inspired by TV's 'Derek'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Johnny Textface

Funny if the picture selection took at least year. I'm still mulling over this headfuck of a painting. My initial thought is always to go dark, but I quite like the look of those towers.

Yep I'll go for this one please - I like the idea of bongs being on the floor.

NoSleep

If you clear the cache in your browser you'll see I've edited the size of that image down to sensible. I'm not sure what my bandwidth limit is on imgur.

NoSleep

Still awaiting:

Beagle 2
BlodwynPig
PlanktonSideburns
Ray Travez
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

QtheRaider

QtheRaider

I choose this iUYetFT

I cant remember how to copy and save images on here

NoSleep

NoSleep

Update:

falafel

spaghetamine

NoSleep

drummersaredeaf

Phil_A

Viero_Berlotti

Petey Pate

greencalx

jonnycuba

hummingofevil

QtheRaider

Flouncer

Johnny Textface

Non Stop Dancer

Still to go:

Beagle 2
BlodwynPig
PlanktonSideburns
Ray Travez
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: NoSleep on December 10, 2020, 05:50:58 PM
Still awaiting:

Beagle 2
BlodwynPig
PlanktonSideburns
Ray Travez
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

on it

PlanktonSideburns

NoSleep

Update:

falafel

spaghetamine

NoSleep

drummersaredeaf

Phil_A

Viero_Berlotti

Petey Pate

greencalx

jonnycuba

hummingofevil

QtheRaider

Flouncer

Johnny Textface

Non Stop Dancer

PlanktonSideburns

Still to go:

Beagle 2
BlodwynPig
Ray Travez
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

PlanktonSideburns

got my tune written

got about another day of fiddling with it and then i suspect i will be done with it

where do you want it and in what format?

NoSleep

Send me a 24-bit version of the mix. Don't use any limiters or compressors to loudenate it on the final buss, as I'll be doing that stuff when I have all the tracks gathered. Basically, don't let your mix touch 0dB.

If you want to go the whole 9 then send me some sensible stems, i.e. 4 or 5 stems, grouped into, say; drums, bass, music, vocals; that sort of thing. This will make it easier to master than a single "final mix" file.

No starting pistol or anything this time then? Just get on with it and the quickest get on 'disc 1'?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: NoSleep on December 13, 2020, 05:19:58 PM
Send me a 24-bit version of the mix. Don't use any limiters or compressors to loudenate it on the final buss, as I'll be doing that stuff when I have all the tracks gathered. Basically, don't let your mix touch 0dB.

If you want to go the whole 9 then send me some sensible stems, i.e. 4 or 5 stems, grouped into, say; drums, bass, music, vocals; that sort of thing. This will make it easier to master than a single "final mix" file.

nice one

will send you a pre-master mix and a stemmed version tommorow

Johnny Textface

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 13, 2020, 05:05:05 PM
got my tune written

Wow that's Haha Tape record I reckon.  Nice one!

falafel

Shame on you Plankton

I feel as the initiator of this thread I may have neglected my duty in part days so thanks Nosleep for keeping on top of it.

Targeting my track to be done by January 1st. I've got lyrics and everything this time

NoSleep

Can't even contemplate mine till I get work out of the way before the end of next week and have several other things it will have to get in line behind when that happens.

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: NoSleep on December 13, 2020, 05:19:58 PM

Can I ask a quick question? In general, is it best to leave a few dB headroom for the mastering stage? That seems to be the general advice as far as I can gather. Ta.

NoSleep

That's what I meant by:

QuoteBasically, don't let your mix touch 0dB.

Ray Travez

Quote from: NoSleep on December 09, 2020, 01:33:52 PM
There's not really any plan as such. Pick a section of the painting as inspiration for your track.

Cheers for the clarification. I choose-

NoSleep

Beagle 2
BlodwynPig
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

Johnny Textface

Headroom is good otherwise there won't be any room to work in.

the

Fuck it, may as well be obvious

I chop-chop choose you:

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: NoSleep on December 13, 2020, 11:30:13 PM
That's what I meant by:

Sorry for not clarifying, but I meant is it worth leaving more than just a dB or so? I try to not peak above much more than -10dB. Is that just taking the piss?

NoSleep

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on December 14, 2020, 05:11:51 PM
Sorry for not clarifying, but I meant is it worth leaving more than just a dB or so? I try to not peak above much more than -10dB. Is that just taking the piss?

Without using limiters there's going to be a huge dynamic range. Not touching 0dB is going to be mostly way below -10db. If it's 24-bit there's no real loss in the quality even if it's lowish, but my only rule is don't reach 0dB (or use limiters on the main buss). Anything below that is fine, as I'll be determining the overall final levels.

Beagle 2

I'll take this one please!

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: NoSleep on December 14, 2020, 05:23:17 PM
Without using limiters there's going to be a huge dynamic range. Not touching 0dB is going to be mostly way below -10db. If it's 24-bit there's no real loss in the quality even if it's lowish, but my only rule is don't reach 0dB (or use limiters on the main buss). Anything below that is fine, as I'll be determining the overall final levels.

Nice one, thanks.

Johnny Textface

Guys?

BlodwynPig
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

the

Quote from: Johnny Textface on December 18, 2020, 04:06:17 PM
Guys?

BlodwynPig
Rich Uncle Skeleton
the
The Mollusk

I FUCKING PICKED MINE see above

greencalx

Turns out that working on this track and marking exam scripts are mutualistic displacement activities.