Poll

What's our theme (only vote if you're participating, check thread for details)?

Soundtrack a feature-length film (each participant gets a segment)
1 (4.3%)
Soundtrack a series / set of short films or cartoons (one per participant)
0 (0%)
Radio times listings
7 (30.4%)
Voynich Manuscript
1 (4.3%)
Garden of Earthly Delights
9 (39.1%)
COVID HAUNTOLOGY
5 (21.7%)
Derke: Music Inspired by TV's 'Derek'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: 5A 5A 5APE?  (Read 7068 times)

falafel

• Yes, blue.
Re: 5A 5A 5APE?
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »
Targeting my track to be done by January 1st. I've got lyrics and everything this time

yeah no

NoSleep

• Me and the hedgehog, we bursting the tyres all day
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #181 on: December 26, 2020, 11:15:22 PM »
I've thought about mine quite a lot.

« Reply #182 on: December 26, 2020, 11:23:42 PM »
I've done a bit of the groundwork on mine, hoping to get properly cracking during my Christmas week off.

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2020, 02:45:06 AM »
So what is the deadline for this? I've got a rough idea down, and if pushed could turn it into something finished in a few days. I'm kind of on a late career learning curve with all this though and teaching myself new things all the time and I'm investing in some new software after Xmas. So if the deadline is significantly further down the line I'd prefer to keep my powder dry and submit closer to the deadline as my idea could evolve into something quite different/better given more time.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

• Oh it's a whole flock of detectives.
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2020, 03:10:46 AM »
Been way too busy[1] but will actually put some thought into this soon. Need to pick my bloody piece of painting for a start, sorry!! Tomorrow.
 1. I did make a track for the oscillations advent calendar but that was just made that day

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2020, 09:25:06 AM »
So what is the deadline for this? I've got a rough idea down, and if pushed could turn it into something finished in a few days. I'm kind of on a late career learning curve with all this though and teaching myself new things all the time and I'm investing in some new software after Xmas. So if the deadline is significantly further down the line I'd prefer to keep my powder dry and submit closer to the deadline as my idea could evolve into something quite different/better given more time.

No need to rush it. Anyone who doesn't make volume 1 will be in volume 2.

greencalx

• Never knowingly knowledgeable
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2020, 08:33:12 PM »
I have a first draft, but am happy to tinker for a while yet.

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2020, 05:17:53 PM »
It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me at all that I've not even picked the part of the painting I want to theme my song around yet. To be honest, I don't really feel like I can get around to even considering it any time soon. I've been very absent from the forum and social media over Christmas as I have so much going on in my personal life - moving house next week, trying to return to work after a year of furlough and sudden redundancy, the embittered disintegration of one of my closest and longest friendships, plus all the usual horrible mental health gubbins which has only been exacerbated by the festive period - so realistically even though I know this project takes fucking ages I think it's best I duck out now to avoid making any further promises I might not ever deliver. Sorry everyone.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2020, 05:27:43 PM »
No worries. Because of the way this one's been set up, you can always change your mind and join in if you find you have the time. It's still possible for us to allow more people to join in if they want to. The only thing for sure is that the first finished will be on volume 1.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
Update:

falafel

spaghetamine

NoSleep

drummersaredeaf

Phil_A

Viero_Berlotti

Petey Pate

greencalx

jonnycuba

hummingofevil

QtheRaider

Flouncer

Johnny Textface

Non Stop Dancer

PlanktonSideburns

Ray Travis

the

Beagle 2

That just leaves:

BlodwynPig
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Ray Travez

• we are puppets
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
mine's largely done, though I couldn't get my headphones to work so there's bleed through on every track. Frankly it's a mess but according to my wife it sounds 'spooky' so I will consider it a SUCCESS

Ray Travez

• we are puppets
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
I've made a video for it as well. Here it is-

Tags: