Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5A 5A 5APE?

Started by falafel, November 29, 2020, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our theme (only vote if you're participating, check thread for details)?

Soundtrack a feature-length film (each participant gets a segment)
1 (4.3%)
Soundtrack a series / set of short films or cartoons (one per participant)
0 (0%)
Radio times listings
7 (30.4%)
Voynich Manuscript
1 (4.3%)
Garden of Earthly Delights
9 (39.1%)
COVID HAUNTOLOGY
5 (21.7%)
Derke: Music Inspired by TV's 'Derek'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

falafel

Quote from: falafel on December 13, 2020, 07:16:40 PM
Targeting my track to be done by January 1st. I've got lyrics and everything this time

yeah no

NoSleep

I've thought about mine quite a lot.

Phil_A

I've done a bit of the groundwork on mine, hoping to get properly cracking during my Christmas week off.

Viero_Berlotti

So what is the deadline for this? I've got a rough idea down, and if pushed could turn it into something finished in a few days. I'm kind of on a late career learning curve with all this though and teaching myself new things all the time and I'm investing in some new software after Xmas. So if the deadline is significantly further down the line I'd prefer to keep my powder dry and submit closer to the deadline as my idea could evolve into something quite different/better given more time.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Been way too busy [NB]I did make a track for the oscillations advent calendar but that was just made that day[/NB] but will actually put some thought into this soon. Need to pick my bloody piece of painting for a start, sorry!! Tomorrow.

NoSleep

Quote from: Viero_Berlotti on December 27, 2020, 02:45:06 AM
So what is the deadline for this? I've got a rough idea down, and if pushed could turn it into something finished in a few days. I'm kind of on a late career learning curve with all this though and teaching myself new things all the time and I'm investing in some new software after Xmas. So if the deadline is significantly further down the line I'd prefer to keep my powder dry and submit closer to the deadline as my idea could evolve into something quite different/better given more time.

No need to rush it. Anyone who doesn't make volume 1 will be in volume 2.

greencalx

I have a first draft, but am happy to tinker for a while yet.

The Mollusk

It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me at all that I've not even picked the part of the painting I want to theme my song around yet. To be honest, I don't really feel like I can get around to even considering it any time soon. I've been very absent from the forum and social media over Christmas as I have so much going on in my personal life - moving house next week, trying to return to work after a year of furlough and sudden redundancy, the embittered disintegration of one of my closest and longest friendships, plus all the usual horrible mental health gubbins which has only been exacerbated by the festive period - so realistically even though I know this project takes fucking ages I think it's best I duck out now to avoid making any further promises I might not ever deliver. Sorry everyone.

NoSleep

No worries. Because of the way this one's been set up, you can always change your mind and join in if you find you have the time. It's still possible for us to allow more people to join in if they want to. The only thing for sure is that the first finished will be on volume 1.

NoSleep

Update:

falafel

spaghetamine

NoSleep

drummersaredeaf

Phil_A

Viero_Berlotti

Petey Pate

greencalx

jonnycuba

hummingofevil

QtheRaider

Flouncer

Johnny Textface

Non Stop Dancer

PlanktonSideburns

Ray Travis

the

Beagle 2

That just leaves:

BlodwynPig
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Ray Travez

mine's largely done, though I couldn't get my headphones to work so there's bleed through on every track. Frankly it's a mess but according to my wife it sounds 'spooky' so I will consider it a SUCCESS

Ray Travez

I've made a video for it as well. Here it is-

Viero_Berlotti

OK I think I may have finished my track now. I could've tinkered further, but didn't want to over egg the pudding.

NoSleep I will send you a link to download the stems + pre master mix.

Let me know if all is ok with these.

NoSleep

You've got a lot further than me. Look forward to receiving it.

NoSleep

Viero_Berlotti is first over the finishing line.

1. Viero_Berlotti (5:28)

NoSleep

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on December 27, 2020, 03:10:46 AM
Been way too busy [NB]I did make a track for the oscillations advent calendar but that was just made that day[/NB] but will actually put some thought into this soon. Need to pick my bloody piece of painting for a start, sorry!! Tomorrow.

Any progress?

NoSleep

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 13, 2020, 06:01:00 PM
will send you a pre-master mix and a stemmed version tommorow

How's it developing?

NoSleep

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2021, 12:56:25 PM
Viero_Berlotti is first over the finishing line.
...followed by greencalx.

1. Viero_Berlotti (5:28)

2. greencalx (3.01)

greencalx

Are we wanting titles or will we be using the images as titles, Aphex Twin style (which could be confusing given my user name).

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2021, 01:09:29 PM
How's it developing?

sorry, bounced the stems ready to go, got distracted by squirrel outside before uploading them and sending, will get on it prontonomously

NoSleep

Quote from: greencalx on January 26, 2021, 07:52:31 AM
Are we wanting titles or will we be using the images as titles, Aphex Twin style (which could be confusing given my user name).

Titles would be useful as Bandcamp requires them, but I like the idea of the images instead of titles all the same. I think we can possibly wangle both on Bandcamp.

NoSleep

I usually wait until near release before firming up on the titles. Mainly just to make sure that they're titled correctly, because sometimes the files sent to me have been given working titles only. Getting the punctuation and spelling correct is important too, of course. As is whether people wants their track credited to a name other than their forum moniker.

falafel

Is anyone any closer to having finished their track? My life has gone nuts in the last couple of months but I may now have a 10 day window.

RenegadeScrew

Is it too late to participate?  If not, I'd like to do this:

I can work relatively quickly and have it done it in a day or two.

NoSleep

RenegadeScrew

Wonderful - music laptop is getting switched on now!

Well, after I roll a joint!

falafel

See you in a "day or two"

right everyone you all remember the incantation yeah?

NoSleep

Quote from: falafel on February 17, 2021, 07:40:51 PM
See you in a "day or two"

right everyone you all remember the incantation yeah?

Quote from: RenegadeScrew on February 17, 2021, 01:39:25 PM
Wonderful - music laptop is getting switched on now!

Well, after I roll a joint!

Whilst "switched on" and "now" show promise, "after" and "joint" recall this exchange:

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 13, 2020, 06:01:00 PM
will send you a pre-master mix and a stemmed version tommorow

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2021, 01:09:29 PM
How's it developing?

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 26, 2021, 09:45:49 AM
sorry, bounced the stems ready to go, got distracted by squirrel outside before uploading them and sending, will get on it prontonomously

...still nothing up till now.

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: NoSleep on February 17, 2021, 07:56:04 PM
Whilst "switched on" and "now" show promise, "after" and "joint" recall this exchange:

...still nothing up till now.

Ha ha - laughed more than I should've at this!  But not to worry I made two little tunes, one more weird and atonal than the other.

Not to worry, I made two tunes as the first was a bit too bonkers, although it sounds better now.  I really just need the day or two to assess, doubt, etc.

greencalx

I know that feeling. Sat on mine for a about two weeks before having the courage to hand over to NoSleep, who was very nice about it so I say go for it.