Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebs "who are known and loved" to persuade people to take vaccine

Started by thecuriousorange, November 29, 2020, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Captain Tom is so old that it might loudly backfire. They livestream his vaccination, and then he dies of old age a week later. Mass firebombing of GP surgeries.

Fr.Bigley

Michael Ball, Live on the one show. Only for the test card with the girl and the clown to pop up when Ball starts convulsing live on air after it's revealed the Vaccine was replaced by a gargantuan dose of insulin by accident.

Thomas

Genuine predicshes:

Holly & Phil
Lorraine
Ant & Dec
Marcus Rashford
Jodie Whittaker
Someone from Game of Thrones

popcorn

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 01:48:52 PM
Genuine predicshes:

Holly & Phil
Lorraine
Ant & Dec
Marcus Rashford
Jodie Whittaker
Someone from Game of Thrones

Mine are Stephen Fry (safe bet), Joanna Lumley and Coogan in character as Partridge (my wildcard)

Fr.Bigley

JaDanketies

Blue Jam

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 30, 2020, 01:56:03 PM
Bobby "Carpets" Mortimer

If we're talking much-loved celebrities, got to be Bob Mortimer and Alan Bennett.

I'm not sure I want "sensible celebrities" promoting this thing though, I'd rather see Vic and Bob as The Ponderers, injecting the vaccine into a Battenburg cake.

Or maybe Robert Webb:

https://youtu.be/3ZOoKCOWlbs?t=208

Blue Jam

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 30, 2020, 02:00:10 PM
say what you said about thiomersal to my face

I'm not sure who'd be the worst for this- the Blairs, Dr Kevorkian or Harold Shipman.

It would be a genuine coup to get Liam Neeson. Everybody loves and trusts him. In Ireland, he might even sway the Jim Corr and Van Morrison followers.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 30, 2020, 02:38:11 PM
It would be a genuine coup to get Liam Neeson. Everybody loves and trusts him. In Ireland, he might even sway the Jim Corr and Van Morrison followers.

Unless you're one of them black fellas.

Cuellar

Cuellar

Fr.Bigley

Cuellar

Prince
Michael Jackson
"Prince" Michael Joseph Jackson
Prince Michael "Blanket" Jackson
Prince Michael of Kent
Princess Michael of Kent
Princess Michaela von Habsburg
Michaela Strachan

I think you've pretty much covered all bases with that lot.

Captain Z

Quote from: Cuellar on November 30, 2020, 03:49:12 PM
I don't really know who he is to be honest

He's the second-most-famous Jermaine that played for Spurs 10 years ago.

JaDanketies

maybe they'll dig up the Queen of our Hearts Diana and do some ventriloquism with her decaying corpse. "Don't haget to get a cowid waccine!'"

Blue Jam

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 30, 2020, 02:38:11 PM

THE MAN-CORR

Ferris

Nailed on: Paxman
Youth demographic: a Blue Peter presenter
Wild card: Farage

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on November 30, 2020, 02:42:51 PM
Unless you're one of them black fellas.

Yes but he survived that brush with cancellation, along with one that followed some clumsy comments about MeToo. Most celebs haven't had their likeability stress tested, but he has. He could sell me double glazing and a time share in Corfu with that voice.

Inspector Norse

If people don't listen when 99.99% of scientists tell them to get vaccinated will they instead listen when Jeremy Spake tells them to?

Fascinating social experiment

Inspector Norse

It's going to be sonething like Attenborough, Fry, Rashford, Paxman, Norton, Colman, Cox and someone like Paula Radcliffe as a bit of an off-the-wall one.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 30, 2020, 05:05:55 PM
If people don't listen when 99.99% of scientists tell them to get vaccinated will they instead listen when Jeremy Spake tells them to?

Fascinating social experiment
Thus Spake Zarathustra