Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebs "who are known and loved" to persuade people to take vaccine

Started by thecuriousorange, November 29, 2020, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jollity

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 30, 2020, 05:05:55 PM
If people don't listen when 99.99% of scientists tell them to get vaccinated will they instead listen when Jeremy Spake tells them to?

Fascinating social experiment

Sort of my thoughts tbh. When David Attenborough, who everyone likes, talks about the dangers of global warming, the gammons do not say "well, if Attenborough thinks so, we should listen!". Instead, they say "it's a shame the snowflakes got to Attenborough". I am not sure there is a celebrity on Earth who could persuade every anti-vax conspiracy dipshit to get a jab. Even Donald Trump doesn't endear himself to all of them (and he probably won't get a vaccine anyway, because he thinks he's "immune", the absolute BLADDER)

Fambo Number Mive

I imagine that some comedians will be involved in a public information film encouraging people to get vaccinated.

Possibly Reeves and Mortimer? Or are they a bit niche still for the general public?

Maybe the cast of Mrs Browns Boys could do one.

Cuellar

Mr Banlon

pigamus

JamesTC

Mr Blobby
The surviving Chuckle Brother
Boycie from Only Fools and Horses

Captain Z

Easier just to get Jeremy Corbyn to say not to have the vaccine.

dissolute ocelot

Seriously, if you want someone who's intelligent, beloved, and very familiar with intravenous drug injection it has to be Will Self.

thenoise

David and Victoria Coren-Mitchell
Mary Berry
Ed Sheeran
David Icke

Blue Jam

Do you reckon the BBC could get a load of singers to do Perfect Day 2020? It is a song about injections after all.

Inspector Norse

Dr Fox
Gary Lineker
Philippa Forester
Richard Blackwood
Phil Collins
Seb Coe

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 30, 2020, 07:29:15 PM
Do you reckon the BBC could get a load of singers to do Perfect Day 2020? It is a song about injections after all.

Candle in the Wind Needle in the Vein 2020

Aaron500

They can't have anyone too old in case they die of natural causes a week or so later.

My sensible, trusted, known and loved guesses, a couple of whom I personally hate, but who TV commissioners have obviously decided are "popular"

Rashford
Willoughby or one of the Strictly bints
Stormzy or Adele
John Bishop or Michael McIntyre
David Fucking Walliams.
Michael Portillo
Nadia off of Bake Off
Romesh Ranganathan

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Aaron500 on November 30, 2020, 09:07:31 PM
They can't have anyone too old in case they die of natural causes a week or so later.

My sensible, trusted, known and loved guesses, a couple of whom I personally hate, but who TV commissioners have obviously decided are "popular"

Rashford

Rashford & Roachford.

Non Stop Dancer

If you want the modern youth to listen, it has to be Jazzie B.

Fr.Bigley

Get all together listed here, Throw in Bono and "Vaciiiiiiiiiine the woooooorld (let them know it's Christmas time)."

imitationleather

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on November 30, 2020, 11:31:11 PM
If you want the modern youth to listen, it has to be Jazzie B.

Pretty sure Nigel Mansell is very popular among Gen Z.

Imagine the look on Boris Johnson's face if they accidentally burst Marcus Rashford. He'd be absolutely livid.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Captain Z on November 30, 2020, 06:43:07 PM
Easier just to get Jeremy Corbyn to say not to have the vaccine.

Maybe Keir Starmer could also call on the Tories to dismantle the NHS, as part of the 'move right to push the Tories left' strategy.

JamesTC

Quote from: DistressedArea on December 01, 2020, 05:47:15 PM
Imagine the look on Boris Johnson's face if they accidentally burst Marcus Rashford. He'd be absolutely delighted.

Norton Canes

Alison Moyet

"We all neeeeeed a lovely injection
If we're gonna stop the infection"

Norton Canes

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 30, 2020, 02:16:36 PM
If we're talking much-loved celebrities, got to be Bob Mortimer and Alan Bennett

Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing Vaccination Jab Special