Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Just about as bad as you can get

Started by Johnny Yesno, November 30, 2020, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2020, 07:24:43 PM
THATS IT - IM OUT!

Aaron Bastani and Michael Walker have no idea what 3-2-1 and Dusty Bin are. Bastani has never watched The Thick of It.

Cretins.

3-2-1 I can understand. These are the young people, gramps. The Thick of It, though... hmm...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 02, 2020, 07:30:09 PM
3-2-1 I can understand. These are the young people, gramps. The Thick of It, though... hmm...

what? I knew about Gideon's Way in the 1990s. Clueless liberals. They are fast becoming privileged snooties in my eyes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMeanwhile, Labour's leader Sir Keir Starmer said the vaccine roll-out would require the "best of Britain" 

Dreck
Dreck
Dreck

idunnosomename

not knowing what the thick of it is is very the thick of it

pigamus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2020, 07:24:43 PM
THATS IT - IM OUT!

Aaron Bastani and Michael Walker have no idea what 3-2-1 and Dusty Bin are. Bastani has never watched The Thick of It.

Cretins.

Ash Sarkar's never seen Fawlty Towers either

imitationleather

This explains it, then. If I'd not wasted my youth watching old comedy and posting on here I would have been a success like them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

king_tubby

My head is so scrambled I'm not even sure if this was linked from here or not, had it open in a browser for a while and only just got around to listen to it, but Alexei Sayle:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzUwMzg0MjgucnNz/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvYm9vbS5jb20sMjAyMC0xMS0yMzovcG9zdHMvNzczNjQzOA?ep=14

Sorry for ridiculous link.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: king_tubby on December 02, 2020, 09:16:57 PM
Saying Kieth is racist now.

https://twitter.com/cynical_bathtub/status/1334243362602414083
Presumably it's ok if you're Scottish, or if you're from London in which case pronouncing Keith with a TH is as alien and exotic as anything in Xhosa or Mandarin.

(It's also ironic that the original tweet is from someone with a mangled version of an Irish name.)

jobotic

Quote from: king_tubby on December 02, 2020, 09:16:57 PM
Saying Kieth is racist now.

https://twitter.com/cynical_bathtub/status/1334243362602414083

A friend showed me that but looking at the blokes other posts and retweets I think he might be taking the piss.

TrenterPercenter

Keir is Irish and Keith is Scottish.

Neither are anglocised.

pancreas

Quote from: king_tubby on December 02, 2020, 09:59:47 PM
My head is so scrambled I'm not even sure if this was linked from here or not, had it open in a browser for a while and only just got around to listen to it, but Alexei Sayle:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdWRpb2Jvb20uY29tL2NoYW5uZWxzLzUwMzg0MjgucnNz/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvYm9vbS5jb20sMjAyMC0xMS0yMzovcG9zdHMvNzczNjQzOA?ep=14

+1

king_tubby

Quote from: jobotic on December 02, 2020, 10:43:56 PM
A friend showed me that but looking at the blokes other posts and retweets I think he might be taking the piss.

Which one? cynical_bathtub is a left shitposter but the tl of the other guy looks suspect.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: honeychile on December 02, 2020, 10:34:25 PM
Thanks for that. It's worth it alone for his incredibly cathartic description of Tom Watson.

Ha, that's great. I'll definitely be tuning in for the next one. Spotted a recycled gag from here:

Alexei Sayle on Corbyn and the Left (12/9/19): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCKd4x0CHQ

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on December 02, 2020, 10:43:56 PM

I did wonder about that myself. Poe's Law and all that, though.

Buelligan

Thanks for that.  Made a very pleasant breakfast listen, here in the silent dark of this winter valley, eating croissants by the fire and scoffing at The Cunt Tom Watson.  I love Alexei.

BlodwynPig

colacentral

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 02, 2020, 03:43:13 PM
I just got blocked from twatter for calling the Home Office and the Ministry of Defence a bunch of cunts. I was inciting violence against a group based on ethnicity, sexuality, religion, etc., apparently.

Is Ministry of Defence a religion? I never knew that. I guess they can't defend themselves in the harsh environment that is social media.

I have reported several tweets in the past and nothing ever comes of it, including one time when someone replied to me with "fuck off you nonce."

Conversely, I got temporarily suspended for a tweet within 20 minutes of me sending it.

It's not so much the double standard that makes me suspicious, as it is the speed with which I got pounced on.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: colacentral on December 03, 2020, 09:25:53 AM
I have reported several tweets in the past and nothing ever comes of it, including one time when someone replied to me with "fuck off you nonce."

Conversely, I got temporarily suspended for a tweet within 20 minutes of me sending it.

It's not so much the double standard that makes me suspicious, as it is the speed with which I got pounced on.

Yes, this lock was amazingly quick too. It looks like my account is unlocked now if I view it in a private browser window. However, I still can't use it as it's stuck on the page you get directed to if you say you want to dispute it. They want your phone number and I realised I didn't care about the temporary lock anywhere near enough to give them that, so I bailed. Perhaps I just need to clear my cookies, or something.

Paul Calf

Johnny Yesno

Cleared my cookies. Still stuck. Wish I'd not even thought of complaining. Bah.

jobotic

https://twitter.com/DoubleDownNews/status/1334480600946929667

(so we don't have read it on a far-right website).

What's happening about their racist millionaire donor in the meantime? Is it fuck all?

Imagine, for one second, voting for these cunts.

jobotic

Quote from: SpiderChrist on December 03, 2020, 01:38:04 PM
Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi suspended, seemingly

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/labour-suspends-senior-jvl-official-after-deeply-unpleasant-meeting-1.509331

QuoteMeanwhile in his own speech at Monday's meeting, chair Mr Lafley openly attacked the Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer in his speech.

He said: "It is Keir Starmer, not Jeremy Corbyn, who is in breach of party rules. It is Starmer, not Corbyn, who is in breach of the EHRC report, where Ch3 page 27 explicitly defends the rights of party members to question the scale of antisemitism within the Party, based on their experience.

"It is Starmer, not Corbyn, who is in breach of the Human Rights Act 1998. It is Starmer, not Corbyn, who is in breach of the European Convention on Human Rights. And it is Starmer, not Corbyn, who has plunged the party into internecine warfare, when we should be exposing and combatting this vile class-driven, corrupt government, something we should have been doing for 11 months."

The JC contacted Ms Wimborne-Idrissi and asked her to criticise Mr Lafley's remarks, but she did not respond.

EOLAN

That line stood out to me too jobotic. So is the Jewish Chronicle now calling the tune about who or who shouldn't be allowed membership to the Labour party.

jobotic

What will Rayner say? "If have to suspend every wrong type of Jew from the Labour Party to rid us of anti-semitism then that's what I'll do."

jobotic

Quote from: EOLAN on December 03, 2020, 01:47:01 PM
That line stood out to me too jobotic. So is the Jewish Chronicle now calling the tune about who or who shouldn't be allowed membership to the Labour party.

Yes. An article from today.

QuoteSitting MPs who campaigned for Jeremy Corbyn have many questions to answer
The reaction of most Labour MPs to antisemitism over the past five years has been deafening silence

There's an old joke in South African circles that it's impossible these days to find anyone who was on the wrong side of the fight against apartheid. As so often with campaigns against evil in which good eventually triumphs, everybody who was there at the time later insists they were always on the right side. So it is with the Labour Party.

Yet, unlike the principled few who resigned from the party in disgust, or the Jewish MPs who were hounded out, those who remained have questions to answer.

Steve Reed is one of them. Last week he told the JC the antisemitism problem laid bare by the EHRC's report was "nothing short of horrific and contemptible". But last year he insisted the problem was confined to a "tiny minority".

Similarly, he now says that "I was an ally 100 per cent". But when Luciana Berger saw no choice but to flee from Labour and hoped others might join her in solidarity, he resolutely tweeted: "I've been a member of the Labour Party for 40 years this year, and I'm looking forward to being a member for the next 40 years." That's a strange way to show you're an ally.

He says he can understand why his victimised colleagues and their actual allies left the party, but maintains that "if all of us had walked out, then the Labour Party would be in the hands of the antisemites now." But if it weren't for the Jewish community and the decent British public, the government would be in the hands of an antisemite now – precisely because Mr Reed and his colleagues loyally campaigned to make Jeremy Corbyn Prime Minister.

In fact, not only did Mr Reed not challenge his institutionally racist party, but he even served in the Shadow Cabinet for almost the entirety of Mr Corbyn's tenure as leader. "I wasn't just sitting there on the front bench hiding," he insists. Well, he certainly did a good impression of doing just that.

Mr Reed is far from the worst culprit. As our research into the records of each of the members of Sir Keir Starmer's new Shadow Cabinet showed, the reaction of most Labour MPs to antisemitism over the past five years has been deafening silence. For what was once an avowedly anti-racist party, it's astonishing how tolerant of racism almost all its MPs were.

Then, of course, there are those MPs who have actually indulged in antisemitism themselves. On the day the EHRC published its report, we submitted a complaint to Labour against 15 sitting MPs (including Mr Corbyn), to be investigated only once Labour has introduced the independent disciplinary process the EHRC has demanded.

Mr Reed is among them, not because of a longstanding animosity towards Jews, but because, earlier this year, he tweeted an antisemitic trope about Jewish billionaire puppet masters. He immediately apologised and deleted the tweet. It showed that even those who weren't central to Labour's antisemitism scandal have imbibed casual anti-Jewish racism.

Mr Reed's record shows just how much Labour still has to do to restore its anti-racist tradition.

Gideon Falter is Chief Executive of Campaign Against Antisemitism

The total destruction of the Labour Party is their aim, and Keith and Co are happy to facilitate that.