Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Just about as bad as you can get

Started by Johnny Yesno, November 30, 2020, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Quote from: Buelligan on February 24, 2021, 02:41:59 PM
Please start it.  That would be perfect.

I was hoping someone might come up with something a bit wittier.

Actually, I've got it, hang on.

NoSleep

king_tubby

Buelligan

Lovely sentiment to end on.  Heheh.

Here's a link to the lovely spanking brand new thread https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=85363.new#new

Zetetic

Quote from: NoSleep on February 24, 2021, 02:35:07 PM
Which is why Zetetic said that none of that was incompatible with Labour.
To be fair, I think that local political movements are somewhat incompatible with Labour (and said so - but not very clearly, apologies).

I've not explained well what I mean by this - I mean regionalist movements. (That's not a good explanation either.)

You could imagine bits of Labour engaging seriously with these movements and emphasising a serious localist posture, but there are problems with this.

Sorry, rushed.

Zetetic

Quote from: thugler on February 24, 2021, 02:29:04 PM
Local political groups and renters unions aren't going to get poltical power on the level required. Endless tory government will have the power to utterly neuter them ...
This is equally true of the UK Labour party's attempts to obtain and wield power in Westminster.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on February 24, 2021, 10:32:26 AM
It's not lack of imagination, it's about actual concrete possibilities of changing things for the better. Your appetite for doom and gloom knows no bound, and your own "imagination" wallows only in that. How about some positives from that imagination of yours for once?

Puppies. Ickle puppies dressed in red rosettes.