Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grottospreaders

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 30, 2020, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteFather Christmas will not need to wear a face mask when he is meeting children at grottos in England, Downing Street has said.

The government announced on Sunday that Santa's grottos will be able to open in all tiers of local coronavirus restrictions once England's lockdown ends on Wednesday, as long as the venues are permitted to open under the rules.

And because Santas will be "operating in a Covid-secure way" they will not need to wear face masks when meeting children, No.10 said on Monday.

However, children will not be able to sit on Santa's knee.

A Downing Street spokesperson told reporters: "We obviously know that meeting Father Christmas is a magical experience for children which is why he will be taking safety precautions, including ensuring he is operating in a Covid secure way but it won't be required for Santa to wear a mask."

Asked if children could sit on Santa's knee, the spokesperson said: "We have set out the guidance in order that Santa can meet children in a Covid-secure way but no, that is not part of the guidance.

"It won't be permitted to sit on his knee as part of the guidance."...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/coronavirus-christmas-santa-grottos-mask_uk_5fc4e675c5b66bb88c68a781

It doesn't say if the children will need to be masked, but even so I imagine quite a few children will get coronavirus from Santa.

Why can't people not meet Santa for one year? Or at the very least, wrap up warm and meet him outside.

Pretty sure that sitting on his knee/lap hasn't been a thing for at least 25 years.

bgmnts

Santa wants to spread joy and covid to children everywhere.

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 30, 2020, 03:23:00 PM

Why can't people not meet Santa for one year? Or at the very least, wrap up warm and meet him outside.
Because many adults act like spoilt fucking children, that's why.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: bgmnts on November 30, 2020, 04:05:12 PM
Santa wants to spread joy and covid to children everywhere.

"No Santa, it's s-l-e-i-g-h"

Inspector Norse

Assume the massive fake beards they wear offer just as much protection as a facemask.

Either that or after years of rubbing up against drunk old men and grubby children the beards and suits are teeming with other bacteria viruses that'd beat shit out of covid.

idunnosomename

will there be any shitty winter wonderlands with a dog sellotaped with some antlers and some tramps dressed up as elves??? we deserve normality