Author Topic: The Alexei Sayle Podcast  (Read 27449 times)

Re: The Alexei Sayle Podcast
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2021, 12:21:31 PM »
This was a bit meandering and toothless; it didn't quite give me the catharsis I was hoping for. But it was nice to hear JC in chatty mode; never really witnessed that before. Decent fly-on-the-wall opportunity.

It seems that neither JC nor Alexei believes there ever was a brick through Angela Eagle's office window. Am I right in saying that? Alexei was pretty clear but he has license to sound a bit cranky and paranoid if he wants to. What lent credence to it was when Jeremy said "alleged."

I liked the thing about "let's campaign for something instead of against something".

I liked/was amused by how earnest Lynn sounds (and whoever that voice from the Gorbals was - if she was introduced, I missed it).

Mr_Simnock

• Wake up we're going back to chelmsley wood
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2021, 07:02:10 PM »
That was great, more of that if at all possible.

gib

• Logistics Assistant
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2021, 11:38:50 PM »
Yes, very much enjoyed this today. Noticed Alexei try a couple of time to sort of get Jezza to say out loud that he thinks Starmer's a cunt but he didn't get drawn in. Probably a wise decision.

I really like the music in this podcast too.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »
Genuine spoiler about the latest episode, so, y'know.

Hats off to whichever one of you lot told Alexei and Talal about this thread! What a lovely plug for the site. Alexei sounded genuinely pleased that this thread exists, while adding that he'll never read it.

Also, it was fascinating to hear that Morris tried to prank Alexei with the Carla the Elephant stunt in Brass Eye. Alexei told him to fuck off, as of course he didn't buy into the idea of an elephant jamming its trunk in its anus. Morris probably knew he wouldn't be fooled, but gave it a go anyway.

Rizla

• That's not another knife - THIS is another knife!
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2021, 12:42:13 AM »
Lovely stuff. Chuffed that they read out my message too - it was 6 Months In A Leaky Boat that got banned by the beeb, not Defunkt btw.

Excited by the prospect of some tasty Dudley Sutton anectodery in the next ep, I must say.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2021, 12:59:57 AM »
Lovely stuff. Chuffed that they read out my message too - it was 6 Months In A Leaky Boat that got banned by the beeb, not Defunkt btw.

Excited by the prospect of some tasty Dudley Sutton anectodery in the next ep, I must say.

Ah, so that was you! Nice one.

Talal, if you're reading this, don't forget to ask Alexei about Dudley Sutton!

Petey Pate

• Silver Member
  • THE REAL mister movies
    • SKLD
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2021, 10:53:56 AM »
Hi Alexei, if you are reading this I just want to know where do you get your ideas from?

Pink Gregory

• a perfect eggy
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »
Hi Talal, you seem nice

Mr_Simnock

• Wake up we're going back to chelmsley wood
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2021, 01:11:52 PM »
Also, it was fascinating to hear that Morris tried to prank Alexei with the Carla the Elephant stunt in Brass Eye. Alexei told him to fuck off, as of course he didn't buy into the idea of an elephant jamming its trunk in its anus. Morris probably knew he wouldn't be fooled, but gave it a go anyway.

It was insulting of him to even ask never mind if thought he would fall for it or not, he's gone down in my estimation a bit for that.

zomgmouse

• I love carrots
    • BEN VOLCHOK DOT COM
« Reply #189 on: Today at 10:51:51 AM »
we've been outed by pancreas!

pigamus

• Sex, death, mayonnaise.
« Reply #190 on: Today at 11:07:34 AM »
It would be great if Stewart Lee could be a regular guest. They clearly adore each other.

Tags: