News:

Another big upgrade done, thanks Zetetic!

The Alexei Sayle Podcast

Started by Endicott, December 01, 2020, 09:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobbd

This was a bit meandering and toothless; it didn't quite give me the catharsis I was hoping for. But it was nice to hear JC in chatty mode; never really witnessed that before. Decent fly-on-the-wall opportunity.

It seems that neither JC nor Alexei believes there ever was a brick through Angela Eagle's office window. Am I right in saying that? Alexei was pretty clear but he has license to sound a bit cranky and paranoid if he wants to. What lent credence to it was when Jeremy said "alleged."

I liked the thing about "let's campaign for something instead of against something".

I liked/was amused by how earnest Lynn sounds (and whoever that voice from the Gorbals was - if she was introduced, I missed it).

Mr_Simnock

That was great, more of that if at all possible.

gib

Yes, very much enjoyed this today. Noticed Alexei try a couple of time to sort of get Jezza to say out loud that he thinks Starmer's a cunt but he didn't get drawn in. Probably a wise decision.

I really like the music in this podcast too.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Genuine spoiler about the latest episode, so, y'know.

Spoiler alert
Hats off to whichever one of you lot told Alexei and Talal about this thread! What a lovely plug for the site. Alexei sounded genuinely pleased that this thread exists, while adding that he'll never read it.

Also, it was fascinating to hear that Morris tried to prank Alexei with the Carla the Elephant stunt in Brass Eye. Alexei told him to fuck off, as of course he didn't buy into the idea of an elephant jamming its trunk in its anus. Morris probably knew he wouldn't be fooled, but gave it a go anyway.
[close]

Rizla

Lovely stuff. Chuffed that they read out my message too - it was 6 Months In A Leaky Boat that got banned by the beeb, not Defunkt btw.

Excited by the prospect of some tasty Dudley Sutton anectodery in the next ep, I must say.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Rizla on October 14, 2021, 12:42:13 AM
Lovely stuff. Chuffed that they read out my message too - it was 6 Months In A Leaky Boat that got banned by the beeb, not Defunkt btw.

Excited by the prospect of some tasty Dudley Sutton anectodery in the next ep, I must say.

Ah, so that was you! Nice one.

Talal, if you're reading this, don't forget to ask Alexei about Dudley Sutton!

Petey Pate

Hi Alexei, if you are reading this I just want to know where do you get your ideas from?

Pink Gregory

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 13, 2021, 10:11:48 PM
Spoiler alert
Also, it was fascinating to hear that Morris tried to prank Alexei with the Carla the Elephant stunt in Brass Eye. Alexei told him to fuck off, as of course he didn't buy into the idea of an elephant jamming its trunk in its anus. Morris probably knew he wouldn't be fooled, but gave it a go anyway.
[close]

Spoiler alert
It was insulting of him to even ask never mind if thought he would fall for it or not, he's gone down in my estimation a bit for that.
[close]

zomgmouse

Spoiler alert
we've been outed by pancreas!
[close]

pigamus

It would be great if Stewart Lee could be a regular guest. They clearly adore each other.

bgmnts

Quote from: pigamus on October 16, 2021, 11:07:34 AM
It would be great if Stewart Lee could be a regular guest. They clearly adore each other.

Stewart Lee, Alexei Sayle and Alan Moore in the same room, just chatting.

Take my money etc.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Rizla on October 14, 2021, 12:42:13 AM

Hey, nice one. I just this minute heard the mention. What a bizarre coincidence of timing that he talked about celebrities who fell for the Cake sting...

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 14, 2021, 11:02:51 AM
Hi Talal, you seem nice

Seconded. I like the episodes with more Talal.

The Ian Dury/Toshiba 1984 story was interesting. I hadn't known that Dury did the vocal for the ad.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on October 14, 2021, 01:11:52 PM
Spoiler alert
It was insulting of him to even ask never mind if thought he would fall for it or not, he's gone down in my estimation a bit for that.
[close]

Yes, we must protect the sacred cows at all costs.