Author Topic: Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions  (Read 22297 times)

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
Re: Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:01 PM »
Wow there's more New Zealand history than I had imagined.

I find this show really enjoyable because of this aspect - I know so little about NZ culture that I find it engrossing just listening to them all reference places and events that are common knowledge but not to my culturally ignorant idiot self.

I've rinsed both series of this now. I struggled with series 1 a bit, because it felt like the contestants for the most part either cared too much, or not at all, although I liked them all individually. Series 2 has, obviously, been an absolute joy. I don't think it'll affect my enjoyment of the UK version too much, because of what many of you have pointed out about the Taskmaster's dynamic. This is undeniably one of the all-time-great TM casts, gaming competitively while assisting each other comedically. But I think they definitely do a lot of the legwork in roasting each others' performances that Greg would normally do.

I wasn't sure on Paul at first, but he definitely has it down, the  passive, troubled reactions to the aggression of the contestants. It's never not an amazing moment when you see him break and laugh at something, like David's insane diss track.

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2021, 09:13:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/LauraDaniel25/status/1434742090731163658

Laura Daniel
@LauraDaniel25
·
Sep 6
It’s the final episode of Taskmaster NZ THIS WEDNESDAY!! Why not join the cast for a live watch-a-long, followed by live Q&A💌

Streaming link will drop here and on all of our socials on Weds!

NB: We won’t stream the actual episode, you have to watch that part the normal way

Streaming link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWwbuJw2hmw - just started 10 minutes ago. I guess you might want to wait until you've seen the episode first, though.

« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2021, 11:52:56 AM »
Amateur version of Taskmaster in Minnesota: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_vclOrIHcW1dWF_h4WsLA

Haven't watched it yet but I have seen comments saying it's better than the official US version.

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2021, 11:58:46 AM »
Amateur version of Taskmaster in Minnesota: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG_vclOrIHcW1dWF_h4WsLA

Haven't watched it yet but I have seen comments saying it's better than the official US version.

So is having haemorrhoid surgery.

« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2021, 12:02:39 PM »
The final episode of this season of Taskmaster NZ is what I believe is known as "available" via the panelshow reddit.

« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2021, 12:41:04 PM »
It's weird that whatever NZ TV channel shows this doesn't appear to give a shit about it being uploaded to YouTube.

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2021, 01:02:26 PM »
David is officially my favourite TM contestant ever.

« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2021, 03:18:40 PM »
Well that was a lovely way to go out, all of the tasks were extremely fun and memorable, torturing David like that never gets old, and the three friends puppet task is one of the best ever. I'm very happy with the winner too, and really hope they do a Champion of Champions show at some point in the future.

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2021, 03:25:39 PM »
Great to see my fave from s1 have a cameo too.

« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »
Great to see my fave from s1 have a cameo too.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise, though it made me wish she appeared in the other's clips as well.

« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:45 AM »
David is officially my favourite TM contestant ever.

Same. Guy and Laura would be in my top ten too. I love Guy’s strange delivery, and just thinking of Laura’s crazed John Cleese video still makes me laugh loads.

I’ll miss this group. Though I still think ten episodes is two too many even for the very best series - like this one has been.

« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2021, 10:10:03 AM »
just thinking of Laura’s crazed John Cleese video still makes me laugh loads.

Rewatched this one recently and yeah I pissed myself just as much the first time too. #eliminatejohncleese

Fucking majestic series, even beating the cream of the UK version for me. Glorious telly.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2021, 03:07:27 AM »
Fantastic stuff, a great mix of contestants and a success from start to finish.

Guy Montgomery's Youtube channel has lots of episodes (well, six) of his Guy Mont-Spelling Bee, with plenty of Rose Matafeo, and a bit of Paul Williams, Angella Dravid, and Paul F Tompkins. Not hilarious, but lovely to hang out with for an hour or so.

« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »

Yeah, never mind - it's rubbish.

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2021, 08:32:31 PM »
What a brilliant series that was, I'm gonna miss that lot. The shoelace task was the most I've laughed in ages.

« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2021, 08:34:40 PM »
Is there a Google Drive link to the whole series?

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2021, 08:41:42 PM »
Is there a Google Drive link to the whole series?

Here it is on YouTube, if that's any help: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtFxUWCGClWTDP6XInEAiSJ7Hs3CCJFve

« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2021, 09:11:01 AM »
I've binge-watched TMNZ season 2 via youtube (season 1 has disappeared) this week and absolutuely loved every minute of it.

I do find it interesting that presumably the show bible must be pretty strict about the studio set design and stuff like that - they all have the red colour theme, etc.

« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:29 AM »
I'll PM you re: series 1

beanheadmcginty

• I'm gonna ring-rang-a-dong for a holiday
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2021, 10:44:50 AM »
Paul Williams is on the TM podcast this week.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2021, 02:20:53 PM »
Mentioned early on in the thread so a few newcomers may have missed it, but he also released a really good album.

https://paulwilliams12.bandcamp.com/album/surf-music

https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/24-02-2018/on-the-very-specific-greatness-of-paul-williams-debut-album/

The Lurker

• Your whole life has led up to you reading this
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2021, 05:29:34 PM »
Paul Williams on the Taskmaster podcast wasn't great. Very little about Taskmaster NZ discussed. It was just him and Ed discussing the last UK episode - if I wanted some comedy experts views on the last Taskmaster episode then, quite frankly, I'd read the thread on the internet's number one comedy forum Cookdandbombd.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2021, 08:31:30 PM »
Paul Williams on the Taskmaster podcast wasn't great. Very little about Taskmaster NZ discussed. It was just him and Ed discussing the last UK episode - if I wanted some comedy experts views on the last Taskmaster episode then, quite frankly, I'd read the thread on the internet's number one comedy forum Cookdandbombd.

I did like Paul giggling at Ed's pronunciation of 'shed'.

I see that a Belgian version has recently started, anyone tried it yet?

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »

I quite enjoyed it, I thought there was a decent amount of TMNZTM talk and Paul seems a nice jovial character and I was happy to hear his thoughts on the UK episode and comparisons between the two. I also liked his refusal to give Ed 5 points in New Zealand solidarity with Rose Matafeo and the aforementioned 'shed' stuff.

Tags: