Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boycie has a rival for sitcom* cash in tat (* 'Allo 'Allo)

Started by jenna appleseed, December 03, 2020, 07:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna appleseed

Arthur Bostrom's 'written' a book on how to "spook Fronch like the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo".
https://arthurbostrom.com/good-moaning-france/

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" Foreword Rick Wakeman".

This book was published in 2018. Not 1987. 2018.

dead-ced-dead

Someone who once told their mum that they're into comedy probably received this as a Christmas present and had to do that fake, "Aw thanks" face.

jenna appleseed

Actual reviews off Amazon

"Book very good but daughter is starting to dislike me"

"I bought this for my husband who is housebound and I haven't heard him laugh so much for ages"

5 stars

Consignia

Shaky

Quote from: jenna appleseed on December 03, 2020, 07:45:11 AM

That's incredible.

Didn't Bostrum briefly post on this very site? I seem to remember someone saying he had eclectic tastes in prog rock.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: jenna appleseed on December 03, 2020, 07:45:11 AM
Actual reviews off Amazon

"I bought this for my husband who is housebound and I haven't heard him laugh so much for ages"

5 stars

Was the book bought for the daughter?

Cuellar

Fambo Number Mive

Can imagine a load of gammons going over to France once the lockdown is lifted and "hilariously" "speaking French" from this phrasebook as a joke.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Shaky on December 03, 2020, 08:09:35 AM
Didn't Bostrum briefly post on this very site? I seem to remember someone saying he had eclectic tastes in prog rock.

Yep.

Quote from: Arthur Bostrom on July 17, 2007, 07:23:28 AM
Good Moaning Kicked and Bummed. Let's talk about Ponk Fleed's Dick Seed of the Moan.

He got called out for using 'moan' for moon and morn, there was a big pile-on as usual and he never came back.

petril

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 03, 2020, 10:51:29 AM
Can imagine a load of gammons going over to France once the lockdown is lifted and "hilariously" "speaking French" from this phrasebook as a joke.

and then getting angry and getting themselves deported

Coprolite

You're a bunch of joyless comedy snobs.
This looks brilliant and will sit nicely with Ronnie Barker's guide to spoonerisms in the downstairs wc.

dissolute ocelot

I have to confess to still sometimes saying "good moaning". Which is a very apposite phrase most days before lunchtime.

But if anyone buys me this book, it won't be fallen madonnas they have to worry about, it'll be them, falling off a cliff, closely followed by 30 tons (imperial) of rancid onions. And then I'll have them sent to Auschwitz.

El Unicornio, mang

QuotePhillip Taylor MBE
5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD LAUGH...
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 December 2018
A GOOD LAUGH...
NOT TO BE READ BY THOSE WITHOUT A SENSE OF HUMOUR

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I mean, good for him for making a bit of money and I suppose 2018 was a good time to do it, what with UK Gold showing the whole series from the beginning (unlike now, when they show episodes out of order and with chunks cut out). But you could write these yourself. I have written them myself. You switch around the vowels until you get a different word, and try for something rude if possible. "[Lt. Gruber] is still bulleted at the chiteau. He has been spitted in the grands, wicking his Illsuitions and licking Sid."

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 03, 2020, 03:42:10 PMYou switch around the vowels until you get a different word, and try for something rude if possible.

Thanks.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on December 03, 2020, 03:50:22 PM
Thanks.
It's still funny and it's a nice way to play with how language is represented in the show. I just wouldn't buy a book of them. I feel the same way about Arthur Matthews' Secret Diary of Dominic Cummings or whatever. Maybe I'm just too online. I feel like anything these books can give you, you can get on Twitter or make up yourself. Nothing against Arthur Bostrom and it was shitty that people ran him off the forum.

petril

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on December 03, 2020, 03:42:10 PM
I mean, good for him for making a bit of money and I suppose 2018 was a good time to do it, what with UK Gold showing the whole series from the beginning (unlike now, when they show episodes out of order and with chunks cut out). But you could write these yourself. I have written them myself. You switch around the vowels until you get a different word, and try for something rude if possible. "[Lt. Gruber] is still bulleted at the chiteau. He has been spitted in the grands, wicking his Illsuitions and licking Sid."

just attach a reference to some old telly you did and that's a nice wee banker right there. council tax paid bare minimum