Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:28:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Metal Gear Solid Movie Reportedly Picks Up Oscar Isaac as Solid Snake

Started by Bazooka, December 04, 2020, 07:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Bazooka

Quote from: Pink Gregory on December 05, 2020, 06:58:44 PM
More interested in casting of Revolver (Revolver) Ocelot

Adam 'Ian Beale' Woodyatt signed the contract recently.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I think the real problem facing the film is that so much of the games, from the title on down, sounds completely stupid if you listen to it for more than a second. If they can manage to have people say "Solid Snake" with a straight face, the worst thing they could do is try to make a direct translation of the game. Keep the basic setup, but chuck out the "deep lore" bollocks. Die Hard with a dino-tank shouldn't be that hard to make a good action flick from.

Mister Six

Quote from: JamesTC on December 04, 2020, 08:45:40 PM
To get it to work it would need to find a way to have the infodump from the opening of MGS delivered in a more natural way. I guess them going to find Snake at the start and then debriefing him on the situation would work. You could also open with the ending of Metal Gear 2 which would provide additional context for Grey Fox.

They're just going to take the basic concept and characters and rewrite everything. Have you never seen an adaptation before? Grey Fox won't be included, or if he is they'll just have him get ninja-ised halfway through or in the sequel.

You couldn't do a direct adaptation of most MGS games anyway, given that they have about 500 hours of shit cutscenes and pointless side plots. I know that's the charm, but they wouldn't make for good films.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Scene 15: Snake sneaks up on a bunch of people, puts them in a chokehold and asks if they're Ames.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Mister Six on December 06, 2020, 03:52:05 PM
They're just going to take the basic concept and characters and rewrite everything. Have you never seen an adaptation before? Grey Fox won't be included, or if he is they'll just have him get ninja-ised halfway through or in the sequel.

You couldn't do a direct adaptation of most MGS games anyway, given that they have about 500 hours of shit cutscenes and pointless side plots. I know that's the charm, but they wouldn't make for good films.
I think you'll probably be right and it'll be a very loose adaptation - nuclear base taken over by FOXHOUND, Snake called out of retirement, evil twin. I imagine they'll drop the Master Miller twist.

Might have made more sense to get a younger actor and take things from the very start with the old 'young recruit thrown in at the deep end' plot.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I hope there's a bit where he gets on his front and starts crawling around on the floor for absolutely no fucking reason while uniformed men shoot at him.

JamesTC

magval

I hope he runs through the things he needs and it goes CHAK, loudly.

Thursday

I hope he discovers the trick where unequipping and then re-equipping your gun is faster than reloading

magval

Even better if Psycho Mantis mentions the audience's recent movie viewing history and it goes on for aaaaaages.

frajer

Quote from: magval on December 07, 2020, 09:45:21 AM
Even better if Psycho Mantis mentions the audience's recent movie viewing history and it goes on for aaaaaages.

Laughed. This blew my stupid mind as a kid.

magval

Although in order for him to be specific, the films will have to have been made by the same studio.

JamesTC

In order to get past the Psycho Mantis bit, all the audience need to move to another screen and watch the film there.

After Sniper Wolf dies you are told to switch to the next film reel. For the home media version, Otacon praises Blu-Ray as it means you don't need to switch discs.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Pink Gregory on December 05, 2020, 06:58:44 PM
More interested in casting of Revolver (Revolver) Ocelot
Jon Voight could work (albeit 25 years ago).

magval

I always thought Eric Pollard from Emmerdale looked like Revolver Ocelot.

Edit: fucking state of that. I'm leaving it like that, what a testament to the territorial mindset of whoever designed emmerdale.me.uk

Bazooka

One of the best host errors, but yes I agree and Im I'm assuming the studios have already watssapped Eric Pollard with the news.

magval

How did that text about me get into that image? I am FASCINATED.

Edit: here yousins did the owner of that website change the text of that anti-hosting image to swing a dig at me?!

Mister Six

Haha, christ, I just checked the URL and they must have done.

Do me next, Emmerfan!

Mister Six

Mister Six

Yup, looks like there's a CaBer behind the scenes. Or you're the first person to hotlink one of their pics in a long while and they have a lot of time on their hands (although the existence of the site would support that theory anyway).

magval

Hardest I've laughed all year and now I'm all a'swarm with good brain chemicals :-)

Also, unless the designer of that site took those photos, how are they able to copyright them?

How are you able to copyright them mate?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: magval on December 07, 2020, 04:07:05 PM
I always thought Eric Pollard from Emmerdale looked like Revolver Ocelot.

Edit: fucking state of that. I'm leaving it like that, what a testament to the territorial mindset of whoever designed emmerdale.me.uk

this made me cry laughing

got your hands in the emmerdale cookie jar

magval

It's been fixed back, lookit.

Luckily I preserved it, for always.

PlanktonSideburns

popcorn

Quote from: magval on December 07, 2020, 10:44:39 PM
It's been fixed back, lookit.

Luckily I preserved it, for always.

link don't work :(

want to see the magval version