Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Millwall fans boo anti-racism

Started by Retinend, December 05, 2020, 06:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

JamesTC

From the clip I saw, it didn't sound like a minority considering it was only 2,000 in the ground.

Cuellar

They were just offering a critique of Marxism, obviously

JamesTC

Quote from: Ian Benson on December 05, 2020, 06:42:42 PM
I was saying Boo-ödvarsson.

+1

Best I could come up with was Booney but he played for the other team so I never said it.

Bazooka

Pre-emptive performance assessment.

idunnosomename

Do Millwall fans usually abuse their own players? I know they are notoriously the roughest fans but are they discriminating at whom they lob bananas?

JamesTC

idunnosomename

Nice that something like this can bring them together.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: JamesTC on December 05, 2020, 06:35:53 PM
From the clip I saw, it didn't sound like a minority considering it was only 2,000 in the ground.

He was joking that it was a small minority not booing. I misread it at first too.

Butchers Blind

Doesn't look good for Danny Baker.

Football's pantomime villains act the twat again.  No shock to see WHU also acting up.  Nor will those clubs be alone once the grounds are reopened.

Depressingly, 'what did they expect?' is a question that has popped into my head.  Traditionally, in terms of London clubs, Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham have attracted swathes of far right shithouses.  Nothing much has changed in that respect.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 05, 2020, 06:57:39 PM
Do Millwall fans usually abuse their own players? I know they are notoriously the roughest fans but are they discriminating at whom they lob bananas?

A Gills fan and match attendee tells me his heart sinks when they have to play Millwall. He said it's like going back to school in the 1970s but grown men acting like the playground bullies of yore. You'd be walking to the stadium and 'Bushwackers' would be kicking your feet from behind and you'd look round to a ruddy-faced, fat, bald man in his mid-fifties saying, "Whatchoo lookin' at, you wally? Did you just call me a carnt?". Pure Viz.

Pitiful.

Quote from: Butchers Blind on December 05, 2020, 07:10:38 PM
Doesn't look good for Danny Baker.

Baker is asking how this lot got tickets.

He must've spent several decades at Cold Blow Lane and the current plastic shit tip perfecting the three wise monkeys technique if he didn't notice he's surrounded by thousands of the cunts every other week.

Zetetic

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on December 05, 2020, 07:33:59 PM
the three wise monkeys technique
Is this a veiled reference to his photography collection?

Cuellar

Football Culture just doesn't fit in with Western values and I'm tired of pretending it does.

Quote from: Zetetic on December 05, 2020, 07:36:10 PM
Is this a veiled reference to his photography collection?

I'd forgotten about that.  Danny Baker may be the only Millwall fan accused of racism who may have actually been innocent.

Quote from: Cuellar on December 05, 2020, 07:37:38 PM
Football Culture just doesn't fit in with Western values and I'm tired of pretending it does.

Football culture is usually a perfect expression of Western Culture - including the fact that there is a sizeable chunk of the population of the west who are massive racists.  Football supporters are as reflective of the society in which they live as any other group.

imitationleather

Chelsea are on next. Millwall and West Ham have been a letdown, but I'm confident their fans will act with class.

Cuellar

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on December 05, 2020, 07:41:35 PM
Football culture is usually a perfect expression of Western Culture - including the fact that there is a sizeable chunk of the population of the west who are massive racists.  Football supporters are as reflective of the society in which they live as any other group.

No. Ban football.

Quote from: Cuellar on December 05, 2020, 07:43:33 PM
No. Ban football.

Im not sure if not being able to attend football will stop these people being racist.

Cuellar

Don't care. They don't deserve fun.

Quote from: Cuellar on December 05, 2020, 07:46:48 PM
Don't care. They don't deserve fun.

They're not having fun.  They're watching Millwall

Zetetic

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on December 05, 2020, 07:41:35 PM
Football supporters are as reflective of the society in which they live as any other group.
Do two-thirds of Millwall supporters self-identify as having an ethnicity other than White British/English?

jobotic

I once threw up all over the floor of the away gents on New Year's Day at Millwall. I fucking showed em (the cleaners).

Gills!

Who didn't dread this? I worry it will happen at Gillingham too. And most other clubs.

This crap from the club saying that they agree with the antiracism of BLM but not the politics doesn't help either, as if one isn't the other. Mealy-mouthed wankers.

More and more convinced that Baker is a cunt.

Quote from: Zetetic on December 05, 2020, 07:48:57 PM
Do two-thirds of Millwall supporters self-identify as having an ethnicity other than White British/English?

Wouldn't have thought so.  But I'm unwilling to take the Thatcher line that somehow these people are a group apart.  They aren't.  Sizeable % of football supporters are racist because a sizeable % of society generally is racist. 

chveik

it's fine, the gammons will end up on a vent

Quote from: jobotic on December 05, 2020, 07:50:11 PM
More and more convinced that Baker is a cunt.

I always felt he revelled in their reputation as it gave him a sense of authenticity. Always was a cunt to me.

El Unicornio, mang

I miss empty stadiums. I heard there's an option to turn off the weurghh ruddy faced blokes booing and singing their crap tired old songs and have fake empty stadium noise instead but it's not quite the same.