Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

anyone on here had it

Started by madhair60, December 07, 2020, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Just got test as feeling unwell, shitting it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: madhair60 on December 07, 2020, 05:51:04 PM
Just got test as feeling unwell, shitting it.

Every fucking hipster has had it and gone about their business like it was nothing. You'll be the same.

hummingofevil

Got it now. It's pretty shit like. been in bed 6 days. Weirdest bit is it comes in waves with different symptoms when you think you just getting out... it pulls you back in.

It's settled on fucking horrible cough. If I lie still i'm okay but even if I sit up just massive hacking coughing fit so basically I'm utterly useless.

George Oscar Bluth II

Not had it but the thing that unnerves me about it is how variable it is. Had a friend whose only symptom was not being able to smell or taste, but otherwise felt fine. Know other people who've been bedridden for weeks. Bizarre.

Chedney Honks

From Covid toe to fondant lung, this disease gotta it all!

checkoutgirl

Nearly coughed myself unconscious on Friday and was bricking it big time but I might have just inhaled vom after 10 cans and getting drunk and pissed up on booze. Had a weird lung feeling since then, not a full cough but an inability to clear the throat. Anything like that at all these days is terrifying so I'm isolating to be cautious.

So the answer is I don't know if I have it. If I develop a fever or shortness of breath that will probably send me into a complete panic.

bgmnts

I had the flu this season so yes.

pancreas

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Had it? Had it?!

Had it up to here more like eh

Blinder Data

Never had a test but have now had two instances of sensitive toes and fingers covered in red spots/warts. GP advised it was likely COVID. No other symptoms.

It's not the worst symptom obvs but it's made basic everyday occurrences, like wearing shoes and catching my finger on a worktop, inordinately painful. This second bout has lasted almost two months :(

If it turns out I now suffer from 'long COVID toe', I will be a bit miffed. If it comes without permanent lung damage, however, I suppose it's not the worst price to pay.

the midnight watch baboon

I am a tester. You are the testes.

Zetetic

Nah. Looked at the pros and cons, and decided it wasn't for me.

JesusAndYourBush

I had a loss of taste and smell in very early January.  It started with me having a very brief stomach ache and then not being able to stay awake one evening which I put town to too much festive food, then a loss of taste and smell for about 10 days but no other symptoms.  Got my senses back after about 10 days.  The first thing I smelt was gravy which was glorious.  (I'm told there's other things that can make you have those symptoms, but the timing is uncanny.)

madhair60

negative. no covid for me. i am invincible

Sin Agog

I'm pretty sure I posted a thread on here in February* asking who here's done a faint right after I myself did a faint, which I think may have been precipitated by a covid fever.  The no-smell/no-hunger/grogginess seemed to linger around a week or two longer than just reg'lar flu.  Didn't stop me from fucking isolating for almost a whole bloody year when I could have been living it up in an immuno wonderland.

*found it: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=78030.30

Blue Jam

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 07, 2020, 07:06:48 PM
Not had it but the thing that unnerves me about it is how variable it is. Had a friend whose only symptom was not being able to smell or taste, but otherwise felt fine. Know other people who've been bedridden for weeks. Bizarre.

Just before lockdown I had mild flu-like symptoms with a really severe sore throat. A colleague of mine had just been off work with the exact same symptoms so I just assumed there was a bug going round and took a few days off. A sore throat hadn't been mentioned as one of the symptoms and I wasn't coughing at all so I thought nothing of it.

Apparently it is possible to have the 'vid with a sore throat and no cough though:

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/six-distinct-types-of-covid-19-identified

Didn't have any gastrointestinal symptoms or loss of smell or a headache so it still sounds like I had something much milder than Covid but it is mad how variable this is, yes.

Bently Sheds

Mrs Sheds has just got a positive test result. She's been laid up in bed for three days straight with aches & pains, zero energy and fever. Strangely enough that's exactly how I've been feeling since yesterday, so I've ordered myself a test. There's been no cough or change in sense of taste & smell, but this feels like the worst cold I have ever had x100.

MrMrs

partner got her positive result today after having a tight chest, got my test today after feeling a bit coughy. I expect I've got it but I feel good

El Unicornio, mang

I had the worst cough of my life and generally felt at death's door in January, so I might have had it. A few of my family members (who I rarely see at the best of times) currently have it.

Alberon

All three of us in my office at uni had really bad colds back at the start of February and we've wondered if that was the 'vid. One of us took an antibody test back in September and it came back negative, so fuck knows.

gib

partner and kids have all tested positive today, off for my test in a minute

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: gib on January 04, 2021, 01:08:40 PM
partner and kids have all tested positive today, off for my test in a minute

Hope you test negative gib, and that your partner and kids get well soon.

Blue Jam

Has anyone else been browsing Facebook and noticing that a lot more people they know seem to have the 'vid this time round? I know this is anecdotal and doesn't prove anything but I'm actually a bit scared now, and I was fine during the first wave. I should be going back to werk this week and my bike isn't equipped for cycling over ice and snow, what with its narrow road bike tyres and their minimal tread, but I really don't want to use public transport right now. I had always been worried about friends and family getting it, now I'm actually properly worried for myself for the first time.

Cuellar

Tell whoever's making you go into an office that they can fuck off

Blue Jam

Not an office, all the offices at werk have been locked since March. I'd be going into a lab. A nice, roomy, not-too-crowded, very easy to sterilise lab which has been relatively easy to adapt for social distancing. Not doing Covid research though, hopefully I'll get to skive off for a bit, at least until the snow melts.

Cuellar

Hmmm. Even so. All work must STOP.

jobotic

Wishing all of you (and yours) that have it a speedy recovery with nothing horrible lingering afterwards.

I went from knowing no one with it to two good friends (and partners/kids), does feel close. All revering well I'm pleased to say (or in the cases of the kids, not ill in the first place).

gib

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 04, 2021, 01:21:53 PM
Hope you test negative gib, and that your partner and kids get well soon.

should find out in a few days, thanks man

the kids are barely affected and my partner has mainly been sleeping all day for the last week and seems to be over the worst of it

Janie Jones

Yes, let us know how you get on.
My son in London tested positive on 23rd December. He is in his early 30s and hasn't had a single symptom  and has now tested negative. His partner who he lives with stayed negative even though it was her who was contacted by Track & Trace and told she'd been in close contact with someone who'd tested positive (a health worker)