Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

anyone on here had it

Started by madhair60, December 07, 2020, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Best of health to you madhair. 27.6 is no age.

The Mollusk

Spiteface has got it as well, I know madhair is famous but let's wish Spiteface a good recovery too! I hope you both make a fast recovery. In fact, fuck it I'm feeling fruity: fast recoveries for all!

Chedney Honks

Can I just transfer the all my bestselling wishes to from madhair60 to Spiteface, please. Not sure if I've got empathy for two, pretty tired myself :(

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2021, 04:45:30 PM
yeah, i've had dose 1 of the Pfizer vaccine. I have been told that if I hadn't, I would be a lot more unwell.

Yeah that's grand news, that's the brick shithouse of vax, you'll be alright.

Spiteface

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on February 23, 2021, 05:22:29 PM
This happened to me and I just went with the later of the two, just to be sure/avoid the tiny chance of being caught and fined.

I have opted to be more cautious.

My last day of isolation, technically, should have been yesterday, based on when I can trace the start of my symptoms back. But when I put the code for my positive test into the Covid-19 app, it obviously takes the isolation as starting 10 days from there. Meaning I isolate up to and including the 27th.

However, I still feel a bit off, wondering if I still have a bit of a temperature and a bit of a runny nose (things they tell you to continue isolating over). Can't do any harm playing it safe.

The only thing that's stressed me out, is that my Employment agency told me yesterday I might get the sack for not testing sooner and going into work even for a couple of days with it. At the start I just thought it was a bloody cold or something. It was only my manager calling me before I was even due to leave the house the one day, telling me to get tested, that I even realised it might be covid.

I'm assuming it's just hot air on their part to put over how seriously they're supposed to take this, but it's still wound me up.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

Ferris

^thats bollocks, I don't think they'd have any reason to let you go as long as you were careful to say "I don't remember" to any and all of their questions (and even then, there's fuck all they could do).

Hope you feel better soon!

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Spiteface on February 23, 2021, 11:54:04 PM
My last day of isolation, technically, should have been yesterday, based on when I can trace the start of my symptoms back. But when I put the code for my positive test into the Covid-19 app, it obviously takes the isolation as starting 10 days from there. Meaning I isolate up to and including the 27th
I was in the same situation in January, I just took my isolation as starting 10 days from the onset of the symptoms as per the Gov website instructions, even tho the COVID app was saying I had 5 more days to isolate (due to the difficulty getting a test kit posted what with New Year/weekend + test turnaround time)

Spiteface

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 24, 2021, 12:35:12 AM
^thats bollocks, I don't think they'd have any reason to let you go as long as you were careful to say "I don't remember" to any and all of their questions (and even then, there's fuck all they could do).

Hope you feel better soon!

They didn't because I've been there so long, via more than one agency (Changed a few years ago). Was supposed to start back yesterday, but they saw me and sent me home again.

All I have really is a bit of a cough now, which along with lack of taste/smell, take a while to go away.

So later this week, I'm gonna see, maybe book another test for myself to see if I really am free of this shit.

It's bloody annoying as I was fine before I got to work, and when I went home yesterday afternoon. I'm mostly okay today. Again, just a bit of a cough.

Better safe than sorry, though...

Ferris

Good news!

Quote from: Spiteface on March 02, 2021, 04:01:42 PM
Better safe than sorry, though...

Yeah that's the fucker of it. Just takes a few people to go "ehhh it'll be alright" and be wrong to cause a load of issues. I've got a cold but am off to get a PCR test today just in case. I'd hate to be the one wally who thought they were fine and were actually spreading it about like a covid twat.

Can't wait to be done with all this.

SteveDave

I've felt like shit since Saturday and had a fever. I had a Covid test on Sunday morning and it came back negative. I go from boiling hot sweats to shivering with cold several times a night and just have no energy.

Today my glands were up and a doctor told me over the phone that I've got tonsillitis. Since that diagnosis my mouth has gone weird (like it's shrunk) and now my shoulders are tingling and numb.

I'm waiting for a call from another doctor.

SD DS

flotemysost

Yeah I'm definitely sticking to the "better safe than sorry" school from now on til I get vaxxed. Felt like shit a couple of weeks ago, really awful chills (which BOFFINS are saying might be as common as fever with some of the new variants), mild cough and completely knackered for a day or two - tested negative and felt fine soon after, but I don't want to unwittingly butcher everyone on a trip to Lidl.

Wishing a snappy recovery to anyone here who's unwell, covid or no-vid.

madhair60

Back to work tomorrow. I'm desperately unhappy about the whole situation.

Spiteface

Quote from: Spiteface on March 02, 2021, 04:01:42 PM
So later this week, I'm gonna see, maybe book another test for myself to see if I really am free of this shit.

Been wondering if this would even work.

Say I was able to book a test for this week. Would the antibodies in my system just mean I'd still test positive anyway? I really don't know. It would be nice if I had a negative test result to show I can go back to work but I'm not sure if it is that simple.