Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

anyone on here had it

Started by madhair60, December 07, 2020, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

All the best George. Keep monitoring yourselves regularly - particularly blood  O2.

jobotic

How does one do that?

All the best to those who have it (says Mr Negative earlier today)

Zetetic

Quote from: jobotic on January 09, 2021, 10:52:02 PM
How does one do that?
You can buy fingertip pulse oximeters to measure blood oxygen saturation level. (You'll struggle to find one for about £20 with any meaningful guarantees about its sensitivity in the relevant range, unfortunately - but they still might alert you sooner.)

Or things like Fitbits or Apple watches (their accuracy is even worse, generally - but still might be sensitive enough to detect things going a bit wrong.).

Zetetic

You can find a tonne of fingertip ones on Alibaba, for example, that are clearly built to a similar design:
https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=pulse+oximeter

(And similarly, resold on Amazon and eBay etc.)

George Oscar Bluth II

All my symptoms have gone and Mrs Gob's temperature has gone, so all going ok at the moment. But we're well aware things can turn!

Dex Sawash

I'm on coworker contact scare #3. This one sick Wednesday and lost taste/smell Thursday. Wednesday's slow results test was negative and he got better and had negative fast test Saturday. Just get  covid done.

Shit Good Nose

My mum has had it twice.  Fortunately both times she only suffered very mild symptoms - high temp only with the first one, high temp and occasional mild dizzy spells with the second.

She's currently convalescing in a care home and had her jab last week.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 10, 2021, 11:43:51 PM
My mum has had it twice.  Fortunately both times she only suffered very mild symptoms - high temp only with the first one, high temp and occasional mild dizzy spells with the second.

She's currently convalescing in a care home and had her jab last week.

do you know whether she caught the virus twice or once with two distinct periods of symptoms? I ask because it seems common for people to think it's out of their system only for it to reappear weeks later - this happened to my dad, for example

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blinder Data on January 11, 2021, 12:18:54 AM
do you know whether she caught the virus twice or once with two distinct periods of symptoms? I ask because it seems common for people to think it's out of their system only for it to reappear weeks later - this happened to my dad, for example

She definitely caught it twice, at least according to the hospital (she went in both times and had several tests which confirmed positive, negative, and then positive again), months between each instance - first one was towards the end of September (although we weren't actually told it was covid until some weeks later) second one was just before christmas.  Also got a UTI the second time she was in, which hit her harder and fucked her health much more than the covid did, to the point where me and my sister were told it might be a good idea to start making final arrangements.  Fortunately she made a bit of a miraculous recovery over the course of 24hrs and was eventually discharged to the care home (although I think she's still in quarantine/isolation, despite having had her jab).

ZoyzaSorris

Can hardly breath, lung function deteriorating all week, thought I'd better get myself checked out. So had the test today.

George Oscar Bluth II

Think we're both over the actual virus now and are both just very, very tired. Did my first shift "back" at work yesterday and slept nearly 12 hours last night and feel like I could go again.

Chedney Honks

Can't taste black coffee, cheddar cheese, smoked ham, toast or toothpaste.

I'm fucked.

Bently Sheds

Almost over this now, the only thing that's remained is the feeling of utter exhaustion after I've done something strenuous like make a cuppa or lift a sandwich to my mouth. The "Shit Febreze" taste & smell is now really faint - which is an improvement. So that's taken three and a half weeks to get to this stage.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 17, 2021, 09:34:00 AM
Can't taste black coffee, cheddar cheese, smoked ham, toast or toothpaste.

I'm fucked.

Guy at work had that 2 weeks ago. 2 negative tests a week apart.

Chedney Honks

Cheers mate, just done the test so I'll look forward to my next negative.

Definitely can still taste stuff to an extent but seems reduced or like I can only taste certain compounds or esters. I had a thick Greek yoghurt with mango and I could taste some of the sweetness but it was mostly quite acrid. None of the rich fragrant fruity creaminess I'd normally associate with the delicious snack.

Chedney Honks

Negative, yet I still have symptoms yet I still have to go into work. What a stupid arrangement.

Edit fuck that, I've called in sick.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Bently Sheds on January 17, 2021, 09:57:43 AM
Almost over this now, the only thing that's remained is the feeling of utter exhaustion after I've done something strenuous like make a cuppa or lift a sandwich to my mouth. The "Shit Febreze" taste & smell is now really faint - which is an improvement. So that's taken three and a half weeks to get to this stage.

This sounds fucking horrible and I now feel guilty my brush with the virus was so mild. Sorry.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 18, 2021, 02:45:41 PM
This sounds fucking horrible and I now feel guilty my brush with the virus was so mild. Sorry.
Don't worry about it. I understand where you're coming from; I feel so incredibly guilty having survived it when 90,000 people haven't.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 18, 2021, 08:55:43 AM
Negative, yet I still have symptoms yet I still have to go into work. What a stupid arrangement.

Edit fuck that, I've called in sick.

False negatives are definitely ocurrring. I had it towards the end of last year - same symptoms as my flatmate who had a positive test, such as extreme fatigue, temperature, cough - but I got a negative result back. Luckily work were sensible about it and didn't ask me to come back.

ZoyzaSorris

Didn't have it at the mo according to the standard test but the Doc's sending me for blood tests and a chest x ray because she thinks I have classic symptoms of what apparently they now call 'persistent Covid', ie AIDS-tier lungs, which combined with the horror stories linked above is somewhat concerning.

George Oscar Bluth II

Just had my first post-covid run and uugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. From knocking off 25/30mins on a daily basis last month to having to stop and walk after 6 today. Wonderful and surely not entirely accounted for by not having run for three weeks.

RHX

Tested positive for it yesterday, wife tested negative for it today. Feeling incredibly lethargic (slept 11 hours straight the past 3 nights), dizzy when I'm walking about and got horrendous stomach bother. Definitely caught it from work who have absolutely played fast and loose with the guidelines.

bgmnts

Quote from: RHX on January 20, 2021, 02:09:22 PM
Tested positive for it yesterday, wife tested negative for it today. Feeling incredibly lethargic (slept 11 hours straight the past 3 nights), dizzy when I'm walking about and got horrendous stomach bother.

Sounds like coming off Sertraline! Get better soon.

phantom_power

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 19, 2021, 11:25:13 AM
Just had my first post-covid run and uugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. From knocking off 25/30mins on a daily basis last month to having to stop and walk after 6 today. Wonderful and surely not entirely accounted for by not having run for three weeks.

Just the thought of rigorous exercise makes my chest tight at the moment. I can just about manage a long walk, and I had my first symptoms on Christmas eve. It takes a fucking long time to get back to what you might call normal.

steveh

With the impact it can have on your heart - which can be unnoticed - there have been a few articles saying you shouldn't really rush back into exercise after having it.

Blinder Data

my 65 your old dad went for a long walk perhaps a week after his symptoms disappeared and had to spend the next day in bed almost back to square one. it seems to lingerrrrrrrrrr

willbo

I had a debilitating cough and flu in November 2019 which has made me wonder.

Alberon

Just been for a PCR test this morning after my colleague who shares an office with me tested positive. Whatever the result I've been told by that NHS app to self-isolate till a week friday.

Blue Jam

Got a nasty phlegmy cough and shortness of breath and they feel exactly like the symptoms of the chest infection I had about ten years ago. GP has prescribed antibiotics but ordered me to get a test just in case. Can't be fuckin' arsed with this tbh.

The Lurker

Had a test earlier due to having some symptoms. We'll see...