Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

anyone on here had it

Started by madhair60, December 07, 2020, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

Negative test. I live to lurk another day and start new pages

Chedney Honks

My nan and uncle got it for the second time

They both dead

Blue Jam

Negative. Just got a standard chest infection. Thank fuck- my lungs are crap enough already, I didn't need the ravages of the 'vid making them even crapper.

Impressively quick results too, it was good to see how efficient this all is, I guess. Bit weird going into the Usher Hall for medical purposes though. I was supposed to be seeing Goldfrapp there in April 2020. Never thought I'd be heading to the box office to pick up a swab in a biohazard bag.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 29, 2021, 11:40:10 PM
My nan and uncle got it for the second time

They both dead

I actually meant this as in they're in a lot of trouble because it could kill them rather than they've died.

It's mad that after all the fucking talk of whether you can get it again, two of my family members have gotta it for a few second. They've both been vaccinated (first dose only) sorry hopefully that will reduce the effects but fucking hell. Neither of them really left the house since last March. He works from home and she lives with him basically on oxygen twelve hours a day. She should be dead. Hopefully having recovered once and having had the vax but fucking insane that they've gotta it twice in their particular circumstances.

George Oscar Bluth II

When did they get it first? There's good evidence for protection for, I think, 5 months post-infection but after that things get a bit hazy.

Hope they pull through Chedney

Chedney Honks

Thanks, man.

They got it very early doors, I'd say around May so the antibodies have evidently passed now. I'm not surprised necessarily that they've caught it twice rather than they caught it despite never going anywhere.

Blue Jam

Yes, stuff like that is scary, the thought that you can be crazily over-cautious and still get it. All the best to you and yours Bosto x

DrGreggles

Someone went onsite last week against company policy and then tested positive on Friday.
I'm one of around 15 who has been told to self-isolate as the badge system shows that they were in close proximity to me on Thursday.

Great...

Chedney Honks

My mate's mum has just died with it. She's been in hospital since over the Christmas, up and down but she died. His sister is also in hospital with it. Yesterday afternoon I spoke to my mate in Shanghai who'd just come back from a club.

What the fuck has happened to this country?

JarrowMonkey

My cousin who had it and was seriously ill has recovered, but her mam passed away on Monday, she was only in her early sixties, she was married to my uncle for coming up fifty years, it's a bastard, she didn't have any health issues, didn't drink a lot and didn't smoke, it's fucking awful

And on the other side of the coin, a mate of mines wife, who is as bright as midnight, is 'debating' whether to have the vaccine due to concerns she's reading on social media, he's had it, with only mild side effects, which have now cleared, boils my piss it does

JarrowMonkey

Meant to say they were married for forty odd years, obviously they didn't get married when they were fifteen, still shite all around

Spiteface

I've got it.

I started getting symptoms last friday, and stupidly didn't make the connection. Just thought it was a cold or something. Kept going to work, until, around Wednesday when my manager told me to get a test, which came back positive.

So I've felt like shit for over a week, but making it worse is that I'm certain I've passed it on to my stepfather as well.

Not even sure how long I'm meant to be self-isolating for, as I've been given two different dates...

madhair60

Positive test baby

That's the end of the road for ol' madhair

shiftwork2

madhair60

yep seems I was wrong and the vaccine is fake. time to die

Magnum Valentino

Daft sod. Supposed NOT to get it, THAT'S how you stay alive.

Cuellar

Ferris

Can't tell if you are joking, but all the best in case you aren't.

Does your vaccine give you protection against things getting too rocky at least?

poo

poo

madhair60

v real i'm afraid

i sometimes really hate that I have cultivated this horrible forum personality or whatever where I just talk shit. You should always know when I am being sincere. I should start a sort of code, like a little symbol that clues in the madhair fans when I am or am not being a stupid wanker intentionally

Fambo Number Mive

I hope you get better soon, madhair60

Neomod

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2021, 04:14:39 PM
v real i'm afraid

And you were telling the truth about receiving the vaccine?

madhair60

Quote from: Neomod on February 23, 2021, 04:26:47 PM
And you were telling the truth about receiving the vaccine?

yeah, i've had dose 1 of the Pfizer vaccine. I have been told that if I hadn't, I would be a lot more unwell.

imitationleather

Hope you feel better soon dude.

chveik

Neomod

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2021, 04:45:30 PM
yeah, i've had dose 1 of the Pfizer vaccine. I have been told that if I hadn't, I would be a lot more unwell.

Small mercies then. Take it easy fella.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Spiteface on February 20, 2021, 06:21:14 PM
Not even sure how long I'm meant to be self-isolating for, as I've been given two different dates...

This happened to me and I just went with the later of the two, just to be sure/avoid the tiny chance of being caught and fined.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: madhair60 on February 23, 2021, 04:14:39 PM
v real i'm afraid

i sometimes really hate that I have cultivated this horrible forum personality or whatever where I just talk shit. You should always know when I am being sincere. I should start a sort of code, like a little symbol that clues in the madhair fans when I am or am not being a stupid wanker intentionally

Tell me about it, we're in exactly the same boat besides you have Covid.

Thank God you've had the vax though and looking forward to seeing you rise like the phoenix from the flames, after you're cremated :(