Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections and post-election V: A Trump that won't leave the room

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 07, 2020, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on December 07, 2020, 08:44:13 PM
I hope he continues to give press conferences as the President long after Biden actually takes office

They are addressed as Mr. President afterwards aren't they.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Much to the chagrin of real people with the surname President.

Fambo Number Mive

Trump will also get classified intelligence briefings after he leaves office - which should be interesting.

Paul Calf

Given his disdain for national security and his known susceptibility to flattery and corruption, is that a good idea?

Fambo Number Mive

Biden can say no to Trump getting the briefings if he wants to.

I didn't realise just how much Trump will get once he leaves office:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-05/what-is-donald-trump-entitled-to-when-he-is-former-president/12937940

pigamus

"Melania will also be entitled to the same protection unless she remarries."

Ha ha, that's quite pointed isn't it!

Buelligan

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 07, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
Apparently there were two popes for a spell when some Italian bloke simultaneously declared himself Pope Italian Bloke XVCIIIrd.  Would be tight if Trump just split off into a second renegade presidency, but operating out of the back room of some Vegas strip joint instead of The White House.

Duuude.

Quote from: Dog Botherer on December 07, 2020, 08:53:43 PM
missed a trick not calling this thread The Avignon Presidency

Septic.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 08, 2020, 08:47:37 AM
Given his disdain for national security and his known susceptibility to flattery and corruption, is that a good idea?
Considering he stopped reading them a few weeks into his presidency most of the world is fine except maybe Iran.

Thomas

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 08, 2020, 08:32:29 AM
Trump will also get classified intelligence briefings after he leaves office - which should be interesting.

They'll give him decoy briefings. Each week the Wikipedia article for a different Mission: Impossible.

imitationleather

How many packs of playing cards does he get from Air Force One?

sirhenry

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 07, 2020, 11:29:30 PM
Apparently there were two popes for a spell when some Italian bloke simultaneously declared himself Pope Italian Bloke XVCIIIrd.

And when he died, the faithful danced on his grave in celebration. Which is where the old song/nursery rhyme comes from:
QuoteSur le pontiff
d'Avignon,
On y dance,
On y dance...

Cuellar

I remember reading about when Fred Trump got demented he'd still go into the office in Manhattan every day and people were told to give him blank pieces of paper to sign and file because he still thought he was in charge.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive link=topic=83980.msg4398902
I didn't realise just how much Trump will get once he leaves office:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-05/what-is-donald-trump-entitled-to-when-he-is-former-president/12937940

QuoteEach president receives the President's Daily Brief, a top-secret summary of US intelligence and world events, in a format and style that suits them.

280 characters.

Fambo Number Mive

Funded by private donations, rather than public money, but probably not the best time to tweet about a new White House tennis pavilion.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/07/melania-backlash-tennis-pavilion-twitter

I presume the donations were intended to try and get favour with Trump. I can't imagine someone wealthy looking at all the possible sources for donations in America and choosing the White House tennis pavilion for any other reason.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 08, 2020, 12:56:50 PM
280 characters.

Or pictures. Apparently he could be influenced on international matters by being shown photos of crying children and things like that.

steve98

Hoo-Ra! That's the eye-candy, right? The last of the Elites? Fantastic.

Ferris

lipsink

steve98

It wouldn't be surprising if Goulie's incubated a new, much more virulent, much more deadly strain of C-19 in his ass, and the Ellis woman is its first victim.

druss

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/dec/08/texas-lawsuit-donald-trump-election-georgia-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin

Well well well. Going to the Supreme Court after all. This could be the moment where all pretence of democracy in America disappears if they even hear this and would make a mockery of their justice system. Kind of want it all to fuck up so the walls truly come crashing down.

DrGreggles

They've filed directly to the SC, who will toss it because that's not how cases reach the SC.

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 08, 2020, 10:13:18 PM
They've filed directly to the SC, who will toss it because that's not how cases reach the SC.

You're right, it has to go to circuit courts I think.

I think this is more performative with a view to future primary elections than anything else. Abbot reckons this will help him with the wing nut GOP primary electorate when he runs for governor in a few years. I don't think anyone really expects this to go anywhere.

Mister Six

Alberon

From The Washington Post

QuoteThe Supreme Court on Tuesday denied a last-minute attempt by President Trump's allies to overturn the election results in Pennsylvania.

The court's brief order provided no reasoning, nor did it note any dissenting votes. It was the first request to delay or overturn the results of the presidential election to reach the court.

I wonder how TheDonald will react to that. Incoherent fury? Which to be fair is the way they seem to react to everything.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wasn't December 8th one of the key dates for progress to the final fucking off? I haven't read anything except the latest on this tedious performative bullshit.

Ferris

I said Abbot when I clearly mean [Texas AG whose name escapes me, but happens to be embroiled in his own legal problems].

He was able to win re-election while under investigation for federal crimes thanks to a trump endorsement so I suspect he's properly leaning into it at this point.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 08, 2020, 10:30:10 PM
Wasn't December 8th one of the key dates for progress to the final fucking off? I haven't read anything except the latest on this tedious performative bullshit.

Some states finalise their EC votes, I think.