Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections and post-election V: A Trump that won't leave the room

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 07, 2020, 06:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on October 03, 2020, 02:08:28 AM
I want him to be fully aware of his eventual downfall.

Not going to lie - feeling quite satisfied right now.

ajsmith2

I won't be happy until both Scottish courses are nationalized and rewilded.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 11, 2021, 11:32:39 AM

Get Alex Salmond to do it until he dies. Dressed as Trump.

steve98

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 11, 2021, 11:32:39 AM

And the newts return.

Ferris

Paul Calf

Ah, there's plenty of other tightfisted, shrivelled, tax-dodging child abusers ready to step in and take his place.

sirhenry

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 12, 2021, 04:34:37 PM
Sheldon Adelson dead at 87.

I imagine this is far bigger news for congressional republicans than anything else going on, see below:

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?data_type=processed&contributor_name=Adelson&contributor_name=Sheldon+Adelson
Though that entry only covers about 1% of the $220 million he gave to Republicans this time round. I read somewhere that he has given them around $430 million in recent years, much of that to Trump, which convinced Trump that it was financially worth his while running for president.

ajsmith2

Maybe John Maus can step up his monetary contributions to cover for the loss.

Thomas

Just clicked into the livestream of Trump's upcoming speech at THE WALL. Currently playing over the loudspeakers is Bohemian Rhapsody.

EDIT: Now Elton John.

Mister Six

Now it's Candle in the Wind.

Trump likes the gayest music.

Thomas

Apparently Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' was playing at a recent MAGA rally. I reckon his staff must be taking the piss. He's asked for some sad-goodbye tunes and they've collated LGBT classics. They had him dancing to YMCA a few months ago.

Zetetic

It's certainly very hard to know how to take this in earnest:

Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Thomas

It looks as if they've set up at a spot on the border with the only continual metres of WALL they could find. His position at the lectern means he'll be blocking those big gaps down the way.

Fambo Number Mive

Looks like enough American flags for everyone to take one home with them.

Buelligan

Turd built a division, at huge cost, that doesn't even work. 

Someone should write a song about it.

Zetetic

Quote from: Thomas on January 12, 2021, 07:33:56 PM
Currently playing over the loudspeakers is Bohemian Rhapsody.
Think the playlist might only be 5 songs long.

Thomas

Yep, we've circled back round. Trump's going to enter vertically from the top of that crane, soaring earthward to the lyric 'I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all'.

EDIT: They cut Queen short, and switched to Billie Jean for his arrival.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Michael Jackson's he he he sounds like Bob Mortimer giggling.

Zetetic

Thomas

Must think it's a cooler entrance tune than the suicidal operatics.

He's also laying the groundwork for when he refuses to pay child support for Barron.

the kid is not my son

I doubt there's any thought at all gone into the choice of tunes, but "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" is a bit of a sinister pick in the context, eh? No doubt someone somewhere is going to take it as an instruction.

Thomas

Trump approaching the stage at THE WALL to the sound of 'Fortunate Son' - it's like a live Adam Curtis documentary.

steve98

I'd love to see a couple of fit Mexicans scale the fence behind him and just sit atop it (maybe swallowin' some beers) listening to his drivel.

Urinal Cake

Shit looks post-apocalyptic. You'd think they could find a meadow somewhere along the wall.

Zetetic

The way of insisting on what the audience is feeling is always interesting, I find.

Paul Calf

Presumably no-one has actually given their permission for this music to be used?

Cold Meat Platter