Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:45:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cigarettes & Alcohol by Oasis is the greatest song of all-time

Started by itsfredtitmus, December 10, 2020, 01:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

They'll also do the same with Pulp (especially Es And Whizz, which is taking the piss out of them and they don't even know), Blur (ditto), and George Ezra. That's about their breadth of musical appreciation.

Oh, and Cigarettes & Alcohol is shite.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

The best song is "Just for You" by The City and Us, because it sounds like running.

McChesney Duntz

This is the greatest song of all time lock the thread and the forum while you're at it it's all over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKzRTju4yk

famethrowa

easytarget

Our kid twocked the riff off Bad Medicine

faaaster than a  cannon baaawl.

artless, talentless, car thieves.

willbo

maybe Bon Jovi and Oasis were just listening to the same Rock n' Roll/blues.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jockice on December 10, 2020, 08:20:52 AM
One of the very few Oasis songs I ever voluntarily listen to these days. But did you know that they did two versions of the video for it? The edited version has removed all actual incidences of smoking and drinking from it. Sell-outs!

Will I do my 'I think smoking is better than drinking' bit here? It seems to really wind some people up. "But smoking's horrible and bad for you,'' say people with pints of a legal but dangerous and addictive mood-altering drug responsible for thousands of deaths every year in the UK alone in front of them...

Ah in that case you will love the song 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' by Oasis.

Replies From View

Jockice

Quote from: Replies From View on December 14, 2020, 07:08:31 AM
Ah in that case you will love the song 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' by Oasis.

I just put my fingers in my ears and go 'la la la' when Liam sings that word.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jockice on December 14, 2020, 07:34:25 AM
I just put my fingers in my ears and go 'la la la' when Liam sings that word.

Seriously though why don't people just do this throughout the whole song?

SteveDave

"Shock Of The Lightening" is the best Oasis single. Closely followed by the Twiggy Ramirez remix of "I'm Outta Time".

Fr.Bigley

Can we all just settle this shiteshow once and fr all, The best song of all time is, You make my dreams come true: Hall&Oates

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on December 10, 2020, 12:45:02 PM
MacArthur Park sung by Richard Harris is the greatest song ever made. And if you don't agree, well, someones left your cake out in the rain.
Is Donna Summer cancelled now? Her version of MacArthur Park is better than anything Quoasis did, and that's before you get to her version of On The Radio.

Fr.Bigley

Donna summer's version wasn't hammy enough or thespian enough, therefore, Harris wins.

Butchers Blind

Replies From View

Three kebabs, four kebabs, he can't work it out can he, what's up with him, what's going on there

Gulftastic

Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO Speedwagon.

AOR perfection.

famethrowa

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2020, 06:41:10 AM
Three kebabs, four kebabs, he can't work it out can he, what's up with him, what's going on there

You're an idiot. Play a record

Spiteface

Quote from: earl_sleek on December 13, 2020, 07:07:21 PM
Best song ever is either Set You Free by N-Trance

Any song that opens with thunder and lightning is automatically great. Don't even attempt to dispute this.

But yeah, Set You Free - banger.

Enzo

I think the greatest song has to be Kiss From a Rose by Seal. It was even personally chosen by Batman.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Enzo on December 15, 2020, 04:52:15 PM
I think the greatest song has to be Kiss From a Rose by Seal. It was even personally chosen by Batman.

Yeah, but his favourite Prince song is Partyman.

Sin Agog

Many a thread before this one has been derailed by this 'greatest song of all time' business, so for future reference the answer is Bay City Rollers We Love You by The Tartan Horde.

Icehaven

Quote from: Enzo on December 15, 2020, 04:52:15 PM

That's not even the greatest Seal song, which is clearly Crazy.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: icehaven on December 16, 2020, 12:26:25 PM
That's not even the greatest Seal song, which is clearly Crazy.

Little known fact, That song was written by Neil Sedaka[nb]It wasn't[/nb]

pigamus

Maybe the greatest song of all time is the song you can't get sick of even after hearing it a million times. For me that would have to be Jolene.

Menu

Quote from: pigamus on December 16, 2020, 12:33:21 PM
Maybe the greatest song of all time is the song you can't get sick of even after hearing it a million times.

'Every Loser Wins' by Nick Berry???

pigamus

Wait a minute, wait a minute. It's Ace of Spades, isn't it? Of course it is.