Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ask Dr CaB

Started by Dex Sawash, December 11, 2020, 11:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Menu on December 13, 2020, 03:03:45 AM
A good(non-medicinal) thing to prevent leg spasms in bed is magnesium tablets. The muscle is spasming because the body doesn't have enough magnesium to control it. Also try magnesium oil that you rub on your legs morning and night, and magnesium flakes in the bath. It worked for my mum anyway.

That did work for me for about six months, but then the spasming returned. I still take them daily in conjunction with the gabapentin, but they no longer help on their own sadly.

Buelligan

Quote from: Menu on December 13, 2020, 03:03:45 AM
A good(non-medicinal) thing to prevent leg spasms in bed is magnesium tablets. The muscle is spasming because the body doesn't have enough magnesium to control it. Also try magnesium oil that you rub on your legs morning and night, and magnesium flakes in the bath. It worked for my mum anyway.

I can (second-hand) second this.  My lovely lovely brother has MS and suffers badly with spasming muscles, he's practically replaced his tea intake with a delicious warm magnesium drink.

ETA, soz SMBH, didn't see your post.  Still, try the drink it might work better than tabs.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Cerys on December 13, 2020, 02:54:18 AMGabapentin slaughtered my appetite to the degree that I lost four stone in weight.  It's not a side effect that happens to everyone, though, fortunately.

Indeed not... usually it has the opposite effect, it's well known for it.  Friend of mine put ON four stone on it.

Trust you to be different. ;-)

ZoyzaSorris

Pregabalin is basically a stronger version of gabapentin, before they were made class c drugs you could buy both from online overseas pharmacies without a prescription, and I sometimes stocked up on pregabalin as it was a handy anti-anxiety / anti-spasmodic tool to have in the box when used sparingly. And also enjoyable recreationally in larger doses Id say. Can see how it could easily be habit forming if not used wisely though and like all drugs that affect the gaba system if one does get a serious habit the withdrawals are likely to be very unpleasant. Phenibut is somewhat similar and is still available online.

Not directly applicable info to your case Mr Sawash but that's all I have to share on the gabapentinoids.

JaDanketies

I'm interested in trying phenibut. It'd be the first new chemical I will have ingested for a good ol' while, and definitely the first since my son was born, so I've got some apprehension about it. I'm excited about how it's a stimulant in low doses, so much so that it's cited as a nootropic, and then a sedative in higher doses. Looks like a good all-rounder except for that it doesn't make you trip

Menu

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 13, 2020, 10:21:00 AM
That did work for me for about six months, but then the spasming returned. I still take them daily in conjunction with the gabapentin, but they no longer help on their own sadly.

Ah annoying.

Menu

Quote from: Buelligan on December 13, 2020, 11:30:32 AM
I can (second-hand) second this.  My lovely lovely brother has MS and suffers badly with spasming muscles, he's practically replaced his tea intake with a delicious warm magnesium drink.

ETA, soz SMBH, didn't see your post.  Still, try the drink it might work better than tabs.

Good to hear it worked for your brother, Buelligan. My mum's doctors prescribed her all sorts of things including gabapentin but none of them worked. It was the magnesium that finally did it. And as well as the drink don't forget the oil to spray on the legs and the magnesium flakes for the bath.

If anyone's interested I learned about the magnesium from this AMAZING and free PDF by a nutritionist. It must have solved about 9 or 10 different problems that my family have had in the last few years. It's really worth a try if you have any ailment listed on it:

http://www.drbriffa.com/ebooks/naturalsolutionsforcommonailments.pdf

Dex Sawash

Update- Dr and PT have done fuck all. Christmas day it was quite hurty, was unable to get in any position that didn't hurt. Took my first gabbie,  nice warm feeling and slept 6 hours. Took another one the next night and it did almost nothing. Big red flag on the gabbies, binned.

Went to the chiropractor today and got wrestled around a bit and,

Cerys

It's not really known to work straightaway - it's one of those that builds up.  It can take two weeks to get going properly.  In summary, you're a ninny for throwing it away without reading up on it first.

Twit 2

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cerys on December 31, 2020, 03:19:07 AM
It's not really known to work straightaway - it's one of those that builds up.  It can take two weeks to get going properly.  In summary, you're a ninny for throwing it away without reading up on it first.

I assumed I was going to chase the first high forever. They're just in a room that has a bin, should I actually get around to it. No gabapentin have been harmed (aside from the 2 that had a tour of my colon)

Cerys

I retract my accusations of ninnihood.