Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:01:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Holidaymakers

Started by Chedney Honks, December 12, 2020, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

aka holiday cunts getting fucked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55286237

Brings me enormous pleasure, personally.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gregory Torso

Digging those septicaemic shoulder glyphs.

George Oscar Bluth II

I mean really, what the fuck did you expect

Blinder Data

how the hell does a couple spend 2000 quid on a holiday to the Canary Islands? he must be enjoying some fine dining

Fambo Number Mive

Perhaps they were travelling from island to island? Not sure how much that would cost.

Imagine going abroad the week before your partner has hospital appointments at the current time. A great way to contract asymptomatic Covid at the airport flying back and then spread it at the hospital.

bgmnts

From a Welsh perspective, I am hopeful that travel restrictions abroad will provide tourism revenue and partially fill the huge gap that will be left by withdrawn EU funding, post-Brexit. Then, I realised that it would mean more cunts like this fucking around our nice areas, buying more holiday homes, littering more beaches, wrecking everything.

Unsure if it's worth it.

Icehaven

Quote from: the bloke in the photoLee Rowell-Burton, from Manchester, says he and his wife "have had no personal contact with anyone" since arriving in Fuerteventura to fix a problem at their apartment.

"We took a private PCR test on 7 December to get here, costing £120 each, which both came back negative.

"Now we have to either self-isolate or take another test, at our own expense, after five days. Another test? That's another £120 we don't have. I'm supposed to be back to work on Monday."

Obviously I know nothing about his finances but it's a bit hard to plead poverty when you own a holiday apartment and could afford to fly out there in the first place (and pay for tests beforehand). I know they apparently went to fix some problem in their flat but did they both have to go? That would have halved the costs immediately. I mean I'm sure they wouldn't just be saying they only went because they had to fix something to cover up the fact they went on holiday.

Quote from: icehaven on December 13, 2020, 08:44:11 PM
Obviously I know nothing about his finances but it's a bit hard to plead poverty when you own a holiday apartment and could afford to fly out there in the first place (and pay for tests beforehand). I know they apparently went to fix some problem in their flat but did they both have to go? That would have halved the costs immediately. I mean I'm sure they wouldn't just be saying they only went because they had to fix something to cover up the fact they went on holiday.

I know this sort. Made out big during Maggie's council house sell off, but falling interest rates and inflation mean that £100k doesn't go quite as far as it did twenty years ago. The equity release firms can't believe their luck.

jobotic

Should have just done a beer tour of Germany and Eastern Europe.

paruses

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 12, 2020, 05:48:17 PM
I mean really, what the fuck did you expect

I am just posting for the sake of it because these sort of thing where people are amazed that rules apply to them and seem to live their lives in a vacuum really piss me off these days.

GOB II's post is more succinct though. Just read that instead.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: bgmnts on December 13, 2020, 08:20:41 PM
From a Welsh perspective, I am hopeful that travel restrictions abroad will provide tourism revenue and partially fill the huge gap that will be left by withdrawn EU funding, post-Brexit. Then, I realised that it would mean more cunts like this fucking around our nice areas, buying more holiday homes, littering more beaches, wrecking everything.
It'll be a bit more expensive for True-Born White British Britons to go overseas on their hols, but it's not going to be much more difficult; there are loads of popular tourist places like the US or Turkey that need visas or visa waivers.

It will stop these cunts retiring overseas though, which is going to mean a nation full of furious elderlies, but not much impact on the queues at Chessington or the British Museum.