Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

queer/trans comrades thread

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, December 13, 2020, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Scarlet Intangible on April 12, 2021, 02:31:36 PM
If this is in relation to a trans woman[nb]who you seem to be talking to[/nb] then you are still a disgusting hetero, I'm afraid. Don't think you can shake that shameful label so easily, young man.

No thats unrelated.

Oh ok. Well - thank god you might not be one of those disgusting heteros then.

I mean, I don't support genocide of any kind, but if there's one group of people...

GoblinAhFuckScary

bgmnts

Quote from: Scarlet Intangible on April 12, 2021, 04:27:13 PM
Oh ok. Well - thank god you might not be one of those disgusting heteros then.

I mean, I don't support genocide of any kind, but if there's one group of people...

I dont really believe anyone is truly gay or straight, isn't it a spectrum, but what's wrong with being heterosexual anyway?

For the record, I'm not exploring this because its like chic or anything its just becoming much more accepted now, and I feel a bit more free to explore my own sexuality and not feel ashamed of it.

GoblinAhFuckScary

i don't hate hetero people some of my best friends are hetero. love is love <3

edit: i'm just fucking around but yes honestly i'm super happy you feel able to explore your sexuality bgmnts x

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on April 12, 2021, 05:36:44 PM
but what's wrong with being heterosexual anyway?
He asks, from a mound of bones and detritus 300,000 years deep or more.

(Don't @-me, Owen, I know that gay people can contribute to the heaping of wreckage upon wreckage as well. Well done.)

Quote from: bgmnts on April 12, 2021, 05:36:44 PM
what's wrong with being heterosexual anyway?

It is morally wrong, and completely unnatural.*

*this is not what I really think

(I was actually trying to say something supportive to you - a bit like: 'I don't care whether you might be bi - you do you', but less utterly shit. Anyway - fuck the internet. I'm leaving.)[nb]if it turns out you are trolling me and you understood that i was joking all along i swear on the almighty christ - i will accept that[/nb]

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 12, 2021, 05:40:25 PM

You are one of the biggest heterophobes going! I've read your blog, Goblin. Nasty from wall-to-wall. Didn't you once say: 'I think all straights should be sterilised two weeks before birth'? You are not fooling anyone!!!

bgmnts

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 12, 2021, 05:40:25 PM

edit: i'm just fucking around but yes honestly i'm super happy you feel able to explore your sexuality bgmnts x

Cheers! I actually got into a discussion with someone because I was like maybe I would want to explore first before making any sort of claims of my own sexuality and she made the argument that a lot of people want to stick with straight privilege because they want all the gay/queer sex and none of the gay/queer struggles, which I thought was interesting.

Mr Banlon

Pretty awkward moment when Jesse Thorn pulls up Robert Webb on this weeks Bullseye (9 minutes from the end of interview)

jobotic

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 13, 2021, 10:37:33 AM
Pretty awkward moment when Jesse Thorn pulls up Robert Webb on this weeks Bullseye (9 minutes from the end of interview)

IIIIIIIIIN THREE

Wash away those wash day blues...with Robert Webb getting pulled up on his transphobia.

Mister Six

It's not just darts these days, then?

GoblinAhFuckScary

there's a funny thing about slightly sexist language as affirmation innit

been getting called darling more often lately which is obviously a bit infantilising, but also like ooooh yes i'm SEEN. makes me blush

TrenterPercenter

This might be of interest.

QuoteGood Law Project
Dear XXXXX,

Charitable status is earned by those who serve the public good. Denigrating trans people, attacking those who speak for them, and campaigning to remove legal protections from them is the very opposite of a public good.

Whatever sweet nothings the so-called "LGB Alliance" whispered into the ear of the Charity Commission the truth was set out in a speech by LGB Alliance director Bev Jackson on 9 March 2020. She described their real goal as follows:

"We're applying for charitable status and building an organization to challenge the dominance of those who promote the damaging theory of gender identity."

Their purpose is the denigration of trans people and the destruction of organisations that support them, in particular through political lobbying and campaigning for law change.

These purposes are reprehensible and they are not charitable; they are political objectives - to roll back legal protections for trans people.

To be registered as a charity, an organisation must be established exclusively for purposes which the law recognises as charitable, and it must pursue them in a way which gives rise to tangible benefits that outweigh any associated harms.

We don't believe that legal threshold has been met.

So Mermaids, supported by LGBT+ Consortium, Stonewall, Gendered Intelligence, LGBT Foundation, TransActual, and Good Law Project, are appealing the Charity Commission's decision to award the so-called "LGB Alliance" charity status.

The case will be crowdfunded. If you are in a position to support this legal challenge, you can do so here.

Thank you,

Jo Maugham
Director of Good Law Project

more information here https://www.reddit.com/r/transgenderUK/comments/nqgb43/the_good_law_project_appeal_lgb_alliances_charity/

Maybe some comrades might want to chuck a bit of cash in if they can afford to.

bakabaka

GoblinAhFuckScary

any fuckers got any good news?

due to reasons i have had to spend a lil bit of time staying with the 'rents and this is the first time i've done this since being like 'full-time' trans goblin. aaaand they're supportive! that's nice. and unexpected

life isn't perfect but i have a personal level of confidence that i never had before. i like myself recently

i've got this mad cool green silk dress my pal gave me that came from jigsaw originally and i'll try and give that a proper spin tonight on the lash

oh and i escaped a batshit awful living situation lol

Kankurette

Awww, that's good to hear!

Not sure if relevant, but Sheffield Wednesday, my second team, posted a Pride post on Twitter (the LGBT Wednesdayites' group are called the Proud Owls, not sure how active they are though) and though I didn't read the comments, I did notice that one of my favourite Wednesday players liked it. Which was nice. A small thing, but still. (Any other football fans in here? I'm a Rainbow Toffee as well.)

Barry Admin

Great to hear Goblin, keep yer chin up :-D

holyzombiejesus

The Lighthouse - 'Edinburgh's Radical Bookshop' - has been forced to temporarily close it's doors due to threats and harrassment.

QuoteOur booksellers are real people.

You might not like what we stand for, but you have no right to threaten our humans or make us feel unsafe at work.

Today's latest threat, pinned to our doors after weeks of harassment, had us choose safety & selfcare. We'll be back tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Lighthousebks/status/1404028991888105473

If you go on their website - https://www.lighthousebookshop.com/ - you can (gasp!) buy books or even buy one of those pay-it-forward vouchers.

https://www.lighthousebookshop.com/shop/pif

flotemysost

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 11, 2021, 11:23:08 AM

life isn't perfect but i have a personal level of confidence that i never had before. i like myself recently

i've got this mad cool green silk dress my pal gave me that came from jigsaw originally and i'll try and give that a proper spin tonight on the lash

Only just seen this but this is good to hear, nice one!

PlanktonSideburns

Friend of mine came out as trans to her family today, after waiting years to tell them for fear of how they would react, - they were all totally cool about it, even the old squaddie dad! So chuffed she can finally start to be herself to all her loved ones

Kankurette

Dr Rock

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 11, 2021, 11:23:08 AM

This is great news, keep on keeping on.

GoblinAhFuckScary

hope y'all managed to experience some sort of pride for government mandated pride month

Barry Admin

GoblinAhFuckScary

ELVIRA COMES OUT AHHHHH!!!!!!

QuoteCassandra Peterson, otherwise known as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, has come out in her new memoir, Yours Cruelly, Elvira.

Released on Tuesday, the memoir details many aspects of the Queen of Halloween's life, including the revelation of her 19-year relationship with another woman, Teresa "T" Wierson.

According to The Advocate, Peterson's relationship with Wierson, who is a personal trainer, began at Hollywood's Gold Gym. "Often, when I was doing my preworkout warm-up on the treadmill, I couldn't help noticing one particular trainer — tan, tattooed, and muscular — stalking across the gym floor, knit cap pulled so low over his long brown hair that it nearly covered his eyes," she writes in the book. "Dark and brooding, he gave off such intense energy that when he crossed the enormous gym floor, the waters parted and people stopped in their tracks to stare."

As it turns out, the brooding trainer was Wierson, as Peterson discovered when the two met in the ladies room. After Peterson's 25-year marriage to Mark Pierson ended, she and Wierson began a friendship that flourished into something more.

"I'd never been interested in women as anything other than friends. I felt so confused," Peterson wrote of the beginning stages of her romantic relationship with Wierson. "This just wasn't me! I was stunned that I'd been friends with her for so many years and never noticed our chemistry. I soon discovered that we connected sexually in a way I'd never experienced."

The pair have now been together for more than 19 years; they kept their relationship quiet, The Advocate writes, because they wanted to protect the Elvira brand. "Would my fans hate me for not being what they expected me to be?" Peterson writes in the book, adding, "I'm very aware that there will be some who will be disappointed and maybe even angry, but I have to live with myself, and at this point in my life, I've got to be truthful about who I am."

For her part, Peterson writes that she's never been happier: "For the first time in my life, I'm with someone who makes me feel safe, blessed, and truly loved."

Mister Six

Aw, that's great - although surely the fandom for a camp icon like Elvira is going to be cool about these things? I can't imagine she's got a lot of bible-thumping lunatics among her followers.

I do recommend the Elvira: Mistress of the Dark movie, BTW - joyous, daft nonsense with a fantastically witty script.

bgmnts

If my fan fiction is anything to go by, this is life imitating art.