Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

queer/trans comrades thread

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, December 13, 2020, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Cloud

Y'all are absolutely valid whoever you love and whatever body you were born with.

About 75% gay here on the spectrum thingie... my coming-out-to-parents (who I live with) happened with the census earlier in the year when I was dictating answers to the questions.  Sexuality one came up, "I'd assume that's the top one"  "actually it's that one (points to bi)"  "oh!"
And that, I'm glad to say, is all that was said about it.  They're supportive of me and the one thing they always have known is that I don't like a fuss and tend to be very matter-of-fact about things.  I say things that are traditionally a big deal and shrug.  Only reasons it never came up were a matter of "the longer you leave it the more awkward it feels to try and bring it up", several years of me trying to just shut out the gay side and run my love life on 2 cylinders (a mistake.. in fact considering I'm 75% gay more like 1 cylinder), and it just eventually becoming a "thing that's not all that important so it'll come up naturally at some point" issue.

Gender wise I'm cis male but in touch with my feminine side.  And I really hope it's seen as equally valid and not problematic (fetishising femininity or somehting like that which is not the intent, nor is denying trans people in any way) but it's almost like "not trans but kind of 'femboy'" is what I feel and where I want to be.  I want it to be acceptable for cis guys to be what is often known as 'girly' but don't wish to conflict with or erase anyone.

Dr Rock

For the record I suppose I'm 90% hetero, the other ten percent is all the men I've snogged but it's never gone further than that. In my youth I guess I was pretty non-gender conforming with all the Max Factor all over my face. I wouldn't leave the house without doing my mascara right. Certainly non-gender conforming to have regular assaults from beery lads calling me a poof or queer. Sometimes I had to run away, sometimes I had to kick some arse, as it happened so often I was forced to fight back and it turns out I'm not too shabby when it come to a scrap. Homophobic cunts, I will fuck you up.

GoblinAhFuckScary

it's bi-week apparently so wishing love to all youse other bi creaturess xxxxx

jamiefairlie

But does bi-week mean every two weeks or twice per week?

Kankurette

Welcome to all our new trans members. Spotted a couple of you in the you know who thread.

Bernice

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 23, 2021, 06:51:07 PM
it's bi-week apparently so wishing love to all youse other bi creaturess xxxxx

I'm postponing this until next week, since I get paid Monday and am skinted up the fuckhole until then. Will spend the weekend edging before blowing my pay-packet on call girls, rent boys and crate upon crate of Seville oranges.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Kankurette on September 24, 2021, 05:56:57 PM
Welcome to all our new trans members. Spotted a couple of you in the you know who thread.

welcome friends from the john challis thread x

Zetetic

Resurrecting this thread for National Coming Out Day.

Here's some people in the rail industry who are LGBT+:
https://twitter.com/RailDeliveryGrp/status/1447581559712845825

I find stuff like that more ... useful than celebrities, generally, I think.

Barry Admin

Solidariteeeeeeee 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Mister Six

Quote from: Zetetic on October 11, 2021, 04:32:40 PM
Resurrecting this thread for National Coming Out Day.

Here's some people in the rail industry who are LGBT+:
https://twitter.com/RailDeliveryGrp/status/1447581559712845825

I find stuff like that more ... useful than celebrities, generally, I think.

That's lovely. Just a shame they messed up (I presume) Oliver's pronouns.

Utter Shit

A good mate of mine got glassed in Birmingham the other day for the horrific crime of...holding another man's hand. I fucking hate this country so much.

idunnosomename

that's awful but it's not the usual thing I'd expect to be disappointed with this country. since of course there are still plenty of places on Earth where being homosexual is a crime. sadly i can see how the "anti-LGBT" thing is bringing gay-bashing back. fucking maddening

tookish

I thought this was a good place to say that I'm starting hormones this week. I've spent the past seven years holding out in the hope my mum will get on board but finally decided she'll have to live with it and I'm not waiting any longer. I'm scared, hopeful, excited, the works.

Mister Six

Amazing news, congratulations, Tookish. Ultimately, you have to live your life, not your mum's, and hopefully she'll adapt to the changes anyway. Speaking generally, not about the trans experience, but - I've found that with most people it's the fear of the unknown that worries them more than the actual change in circumstances. Hopefully once you're hormoned up and happy, she'll come around.

Zetetic

Quote from: Mister Six on October 12, 2021, 08:43:54 PM
Just a shame they messed up (I presume) Oliver's pronouns.
Dunno. Both "he/him" and "him/his" give you enough information.

Dr Rock

All my love and support tookish x

Utter Shit

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 12, 2021, 09:13:59 PM
that's awful but it's not the usual thing I'd expect to be disappointed with this country. since of course there are still plenty of places on Earth where being homosexual is a crime. sadly i can see how the "anti-LGBT" thing is bringing gay-bashing back. fucking maddening

I think the worrying thing is that attacks have been on the rise in the past 5 or so years (not just in the UK). The other night I went out in Newcastle for a lesbian friend's birthday and a big group of us all wore rainbow clothes/makeup etc per her request, and I did consider the potential for some aggro given recent reports. That was just one night for me, but I worry about my LGBT friends at other times.

Kankurette

Quote from: tookish on October 13, 2021, 04:28:19 AM
I thought this was a good place to say that I'm starting hormones this week. I've spent the past seven years holding out in the hope my mum will get on board but finally decided she'll have to live with it and I'm not waiting any longer. I'm scared, hopeful, excited, the works.
Good luck!

GoblinAhFuckScary

yes tookish!!!! genuinely put a big smile on my face to read that. wonderful thing

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 12, 2021, 09:13:59 PM
I know. Tbh I do feel like there is an anti-LGBT backlash at times when I see all the whingeing about Pride whenever a company or football team promotes it.

All Surrogate

Quote from: Utter Shit on October 12, 2021, 08:51:52 PM
A good mate of mine got glassed in Birmingham the other day for the horrific crime of...holding another man's hand. I fucking hate this country so much.

There's been a spate of attacks against gay people in Brum; it's worrying. I hope your friend recuperates well.

Utter Shit

He seems to be fine. No serious injury and more angry and disillusioned than distressed. He was straight out into town again a couple of days later, which I suppose is the best approach if you feel up to it.

Definitely the best approach.
Sometimes it's far easier said than done, but the longer you leave something like that, the harder it gets, the bigger the event looms in your mind, the more it takes from you.

My cousin got a proper kicking and it changed him overnight.
He was a right little gobshite, to be fair, always on something or pissed and picking fights with the wrong people, but he went from having a twinkle in his eye and a bounce in his step to being one of those lads that just looks sad all the time, he literally went grey, hiding away from the world, hardly left the house afterwards.

Congrats, Tookish!

Twit 2

Grey in appearance and demeanour.

KaraokeDragon

Fair fucks tookish! God bless and good luck with everything.

bgmnts

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on October 13, 2021, 11:07:16 PM
Definitely the best approach.
Sometimes it's far easier said than done, but the longer you leave something like that, the harder it gets, the bigger the event looms in your mind, the more it takes from you.

My cousin got a proper kicking and it changed him overnight.
He was a right little gobshite, to be fair, always on something or pissed and picking fights with the wrong people, but he went from having a twinkle in his eye and a bounce in his step to being one of those lads that just looks sad all the time, he literally went grey, hiding away from the world, hardly left the house afterwards.

Congrats, Tookish!

Despite being a little fat plump white as fuck chopsy cunt, I've never come close to a kicking. In fact, I have only been aggro'd at once in my life coming out of a public toilet in London by Camden Market.

So it is incredible that people do randomly get their head kicked in.