Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:39:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Captain ZTask

Start a new thread for discussion/speculation/spoilers of Taskmaster Series 11.

You may not use the Taskmaster Series 10 thread. Also, you must not reveal the names of the contestants.

Fastest wins. Your time starts now.

My post that started the speculation:

Quote from: meI'm 90% sure I've worked out who is on series 11. I found people who tweeted about going to a screening then looked at who they'd started following (something that's much harder to do now a couple of months have passed).
Spoiler alert
It matches up with that clue about the letters in the contestants' surnames too.
[close]

If I'm right then it's:

Spoiler alert
- An actor who's been in a few decent comedies over the last decade
- A comedian who's one of the most well-known people they've had on (if not the most well-known). Garlic bread?!
- A comedian who's started doing your Dave-level of panel show reasonably recently
- A comedian who's done Taskmaster before
- A comedian who I've literally never seen on TV (though IMDb says they have done telly as themselves and as an actor). Your standup-loving CaB-er older than 40 should at least know their name, but I'd never have guessed that they'd be on Taskmaster
[close]

Please don't post that elsewhere. I expect they'll reveal the lineup after next week's episode though.

I might be wrong. But I hope not.
Spoiler alert
No haircut or t-shirt comedians. No Tom Allen.
[close]
It should be good if the tasks are better (someone on Reddit who went to a screening said they're a bit looser than the current series, which is good news).

Spoiler alert
Ok the garlic bread bit is a red herring
[close]

On in March, apparently.

holyzombiejesus

Why can;t we talk about the current series any more? It's the finale on Thursday...

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 13, 2020, 07:19:23 PM
Why can;t we talk about the current series any more? It's the finale on Thursday...

No idea. Maybe Barry Admin doesn't realise that the current series hasn't finished yet.

selectivememory

He probably saw the last page or so of posts speculating about Series 11 and assumed Series 10 was over. Maybe we can start a new thread for the final episode.

Not having a go at anyone in particular, I've probably posted off-topic as well, but maybe in this thread if we find we want to post something about TM which isn't related to discussion of Series 11, we could start a new thread for that rather than post it in here. Xmas specials, upcoming series, international versions; there's no reason why any of those shouldn't have their own threads, and it did get really annoying having to sift through all the off-topic posts in the S10 thread.

Yeah soz. My fault that. Should've started a new thread for all my season 11 speculation.

There's an existing international versions thread here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,83903.0.html

olliebean

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 13, 2020, 07:19:23 PM

We can, can't we? Over in the series 10 thread?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: olliebean on December 14, 2020, 09:14:11 AM
We can, can't we? Over in the series 10 thread?

We can now, it was locked yesterday by mistake but is now open again.

MigraineBoy

After the Curzon screening one attendee made weird tweets about Charlotte Ritchie & Eddie Izzard, may be unconnected but they fit the first 2 clues/seats.

Then, just as a guess to fit with your ordering & to remain within the constraints of the letter clue posted previously I'd go Jamali Maddix for seat 3. 

4 and 5 I've no idea.

Quote from: MigraineBoy on December 14, 2020, 09:56:05 AM
After the Curzon screening one attendee made weird tweets about Charlotte Ritchie & Eddie Izzard, may be unconnected but they fit the first 2 clues/seats.

Then, just as a guess to fit with your ordering & to remain within the constraints of the letter clue posted previously I'd go Jamali Maddix for seat 3. 

4 and 5 I've no idea.

If my methodology is right then you've got
Spoiler alert
two out of three
[close]

Hat FM

watch taskmaster series 11. fall in love  a bit more with charlotte ritchie. that's that then.

g0m

on episode 9 of the taskmaster podcast alex horne said that the episode's live art task wasn't created by him, but was created by the child of a future taskmaster contestant. This didn't help me out but maybe one of you nerds will find it crucial

MigraineBoy

Quote from: g0m on December 15, 2020, 05:08:45 PM
on episode 9 of the taskmaster podcast alex horne said that the episode's live art task wasn't created by him, but was created by the child of a future taskmaster contestant. This didn't help me out but maybe one of you nerds will find it crucial

Rufus Hound used to tweet @taskmaster about his Son's love for the show & how he'd asked for a corduroy suit for Christmas after Rose Matafeo's task outfit.  Seems logical that a kid that invested in the show could also be dreaming up tasks.

amateur

Lineup will be out post-show tonight.

Your man Wayman C. McCreery got 4/5 which is a supreme effort, imo.

SteveDave

Spoiler alert
The comedian who's appeared on Taskmaster before- Al Murray? He was involved in some group thing from series 5?
[close]
but that would put him first in seating order so possibly not.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: SteveDave on December 17, 2020, 02:15:55 PM
Spoiler alert
The comedian who's appeared on Taskmaster before- Al Murray? He was involved in some group thing from series 5?
[close]
but that would put him first in seating order so possibly not.
Anyone who was in the Taskmaster Edinburgh run would fit, as would Sofie Hagan who Katherine Ryan called on the phone.

He's also already appeared as a contestant, series 3, I think. So that would rule him out.

Spoiler alert
Didn't Dick & Dom appear at one point? Didn't Stirling call them?
[close]

Quote from: amateur on December 17, 2020, 10:13:48 AM

I would've put money on getting 5/5, but I'm glad there's still a surprise waiting for me.

Just thought of a possibility then realised he'd fit clue 4 or 5

Spoiler alert
Tom Wrigglesworth
[close]

Ja'moke

Quote from: amateur on December 17, 2020, 10:13:48 AM

Line-up is definitely out tonight? I assumed they'd wait until after the New Year's special.

SteveDave

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on December 17, 2020, 02:44:22 PM
He's also already appeared as a contestant, series 3, I think. So that would rule him out.

Spoiler alert
Didn't Dick & Dom appear at one point? Didn't Stirling call them?
[close]

Fuckinell. So he was. He must've made quite the impression on me.

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 17, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
Line-up is definitely out tonight? I assumed they'd wait until after the New Year's special.

Apparently so!

It's an excellent lineup, and it's going to absolutely baffle the people on r/taskmaster who just want contestants off panel shows. If they get the tasks right then it should be top tier Taskmaster.

vainsharpdad

It's someone who was involved in the pre-TV Edinburgh shows.

If that's definitely right I think it has to be either

Spoiler alert
Wrigglesworth or Tim Fitzhigham, doesn't it? Names fit for fifth chair. Both haven't done a great deal of tv work. I'm surprised Fitzhigham hasn't been on it yet. I remember him and Alex Horne doing a radio show based on recreating historical bets, so he seems a natural fit.

Edit - Never mind, I was mixing up the fourth and fifth chair
[close]

Ja'moke

No official cast reveal then?

I did think it made more sense to reveal it after the Christmas special.

EDIT: Nevermind just seen it. I was expecting it during the finale itself.

Charlotte Ritchie, Jamali Maddix, Lee Mack, Mike Wozniak and Sarah Kendall.

Norton Canes

Underwhelming. The presence of the transcendent Charlotte Ritchie utterly undercut by that of the twat Lee Mack.

beanheadmcginty

rude soil

Champion of Champions II confirmed happening, if it wasn't already.