Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatheart

Unfortunately the show will be cancelled after the 'Impress this neo-Nazi woodsman' task.

Quote from: Norton Canes on December 17, 2020, 10:14:22 PM
Underwhelming. The presence of the transcendent Charlotte Ritchie utterly undercut by that of the twat Lee Mack.

My famous Taskmaster series 11 methodology had David Mitchell instead of Lee Mack. But I think Mack will be good value. The rest should be great too - especially Wozniak and Kendall - as long as the tasks are up to scratch.

selectivememory

Hmm. Don't really know any of them other than Mack. I'll keep an open mind. It's often the people I don't know who end up my favourites on TM anyway.

Ja'moke

Channel 4 has confirmed another Champion of Champions series too.

amateur

Mack will be great, for whatever people don't like about him he's quick on the draw and that'll lead to some great tasks.

Ritchie I only know from Fresh Meat (rewatching! like it!) and the rest are all new to me.

I'm not sure how many series C4 have ordered, but with presumably such a small budget and a decent format it feels like they can open it up to a lot of more unknown names. That's exciting to me.

amateur

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 17, 2020, 10:26:13 PM

Some PR on that:

Spoiler alert
Not content with simply putting a fresh bunch of hopefuls through their paces, 2021 will also see the uncompromising Taskmaster uphold tradition and invite the winners of series six to ten to a brand-new Champion of Champions tournament. Having recently been crowned victor of series 10, Richard Herring and fellow champs Liza Tarbuck, Kerry Godliman, Lou Sanders, and Ed Gamble will all have the opportunity to battle it out once more. As ever, Greg Davies will be perched on his regal throne as the Taskmaster, while the doting Little Alex Horne scuttles about his master's feet generating stats, measurements, and generally irritating his keeper, as these task titans compete in the ultimate quest for victory.
[close]

Enzo

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 17, 2020, 10:26:13 PM

Makes me feel extra disappointed that Daisy lost and Richard won

lankyguy95

I like Lee Mack but man, the YouTube love-in is vomitworthy.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 17, 2020, 10:20:46 PM
My famous Taskmaster series 11 methodology had David Mitchell instead of Lee Mack. But I think Mack will be good value. The rest should be great too - especially Wozniak and Kendall - as long as the tasks are up to scratch.

Was it Mitchell you had down as being the most famous person they'll have had on?

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on December 17, 2020, 10:48:54 PM
Was it Mitchell you had down as being the most famous person they'll have had on?

Yeah. Though Lee Mack probably actually is.

Genuinely surprised the lineup didn't leak anywhere.

notjosh

Lee Mack will be great I think.

Really like Sarah Kendall though not sure how she'll be on the show.

Mike Wozniak feels like a perfect Taskmaster contestant to me.

Don't really know the other two.

DrGreggles

Promising line-up, and Wozniak could be an inspired choice.
I don't get the Lee Mack hate - I think he's very sharp and so much more bearable than most mainstream comedians.

g0m

of the seven contestant guesses i made before the announcement i am pleased to announce only one was right [wozniak]

BritishHobo

Really happy with that. I've started relistening to Capital, so I'm delighted to see Charlotte Ritchie appear. And how fucking brilliant to finally get Wozniak on the show. I know he's not Brian from Man Down, but I'm hoping there'll be the same sort of daft affection there that there was with Roisin in series 1.

Lee Mack I won't hear a word against. Always liked Victoria Coren-Mitchell's comment that he's one of the smartest comedians out there. He's so fucking quick, absurdly sharp, authentically so. He'll be brilliant.

Not too familiar with the other two, but that's what I like about the show, getting to know them.

Virgo76

thecuriousorange "A source close to the show hinted to me that the next series will feature someone well regarded, who's former double-act partner has already done Taskmaster."

Did this prediction amount to anything?
Are we counting Lee Mack as an ex-partner of Tim Vine because both were on Not Going Out?
Or Mike Wozniak because he was on Man Down with Greg? (and Roisin Conaty). Frankly, as insider knowledge goes that seems a pretty thin to me, if that was it. As Katherine Parkinson might say, "am I missing something?"

A good line-up though, I think. I don't really know Kendall yet.
I should have guessed Mike Wozniak would be on. It explains why his excellent St. Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter Podcast has been so quiet recently. Not that his being a contestant on Taskmaster was the only conceivable explanation for this.

Wet Blanket

QuoteA comedian who I've literally never seen on TV (though IMDb says they have done telly as themselves and as an actor). Your standup-loving CaB-er older than 40 should at least know their name, but I'd never have guessed that they'd be on Taskmaster

Who was this one going to be?

Small Man Big Horse

I've only seen Sarah Kendall once, back in 2016, which is bizarre as I loved her show and a quick search has me listing it as the best piece of stand up I saw all year. I'm really glad she's on the next series due to that though, and am really happy with Mack, Wozniak and Maddix are too, though as I was on the open mic scene at the same time as the latter (and he was a really lovely guy, and very supportive too) I am of course enormously jealous that he's on it. The only questionable contestant for me is Ritchie, but only as I though I like her a lot as an actress I have no idea what she's like as a human being.

Norton Canes

Can she break the curse of seat one?

Captain Z

Quote from: Virgo76 on December 18, 2020, 06:37:27 AM
thecuriousorange "A source close to the show hinted to me that the next series will feature someone well regarded, who's former double-act partner has already done Taskmaster."

Did this prediction amount to anything?

Lee Mack - who was in Lee and Herring with Richard Herring.

Another Charlotte Richie fan here. As well as Fresh Meat she's also been in Ghosts, Siblings and Dead Pixels, all of which are worth checking out.

Ja'moke

The Taskmaster podcast is back next month and will be revisiting Series 1.

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1340976903390433280?s=21

I hope this means they have the Series 1 cast on as guests to go over those episodes.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 28, 2021, 09:06:14 PM
Taskmaster Series 11 starts on March 18th: https://twitter.com/britishcomedy/status/1366095198024065032

No word on that Champion of Champions edition though, which they'd previously confirmed was happening.

Old Thrashbarg

This starts tomorrow/later today.

I've been researching them all again from the start, with the intention of keeping pace with the podcast. But I can't stick to one a week, so I've just finished series 5, with the podcast having most recently covered the second series. It's been said plenty of times before, but series 5 is just the most joyous series of TV I can remember. Every episode is brilliant, all the guests are clearly having the time of the lives and there's barely a negative thing I can think to say of it. Even Nish's general annoyingness is somewhat endearing.

As someone who couldn't really care less about the scores on the show, I really can't stomach the podcast. It's an odd concept - I have no desire to hear how Scroobius Pip might have scored the contestants. The episodes with Alex and Greg were worth listening to for the insight they offered, but I couldn't even get through ten minutes of the Tim Key one - one of my favourite comedians constrained to a moment-by-moment analysis of the tasks.

Looking forward to tonight. The previous series was soured by the last few episodes, which saw a massive drop off in quality - but some of the early episodes were as good as it's ever been. I've said this loads on here, but that problem could easily be solved by making it eight rather than ten episodes and culling some of the tasks which just don't work. The in-studio chemistry wasn't quite right last time round, but the new year special (even though I didn't particularly enjoy it) proved that it can work with social distancing.

The lineup for this series is - on paper - the best there's been since series five. If they get the tasks right then it should be great.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 18, 2021, 03:58:49 PM
The previous series was soured by the last few episodes, which saw a massive drop off in quality - but some of the early episodes were as good as it's ever been. I've said this loads on here, but that problem could easily be solved by

...using the tasks from the NZ series.

selectivememory

Only really know Mack from this line-up, but I'm still looking forward to it. I'm sure it'll be great.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on March 18, 2021, 03:58:49 PM
The in-studio chemistry wasn't quite right last time round

That's interesting. I would have said that the in-studio chemistry was a large part of why Series 10 was actually a strong series, in spite of how lacklustre so many of the pre-recorded tasks were. Or maybe it was just Greg being consistently hilarious. I dunno.