Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mr Trumpet on April 17, 2021, 02:05:35 PM
Yeah the format seems exactly like the sort of inventive silliness that Gorman would enjoy. Maybe he wishes he'd come up with it.

In one of the TM podcasts Alex said that Gorman was the fantasy first choice casting for series one.

BeardFaceMan

Didn't Gorman turn Alex down at first? I'm sure one of the big names from the earlier series was approached for series 1 and said no. Or maybe that was for the Edinburgh TM shows he did.

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on April 17, 2021, 04:20:12 PM
Didn't Gorman turn Alex down at first? I'm sure one of the big names from the earlier series was approached for series 1 and said no. Or maybe that was for the Edinburgh TM shows he did.

Yeah you're right, he turned down the Edinburgh one but finally got him in for series 3.

Retinend

I loved that. Is there a lot of bonus stuff like that? Someone should compile it all.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Retinend on April 17, 2021, 04:57:36 PM
I loved that. Is there a lot of bonus stuff like that? Someone should compile it all.

They've been doing the interviews and outtakes since series 4, I think. Should still all be on the TM or UKTV YouTube channels.

Zetetic

BeardFaceMan

g0m

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on April 17, 2021, 11:54:26 AM
I wouldn't have said Gorman was apathetic, he was competitive, he was cheating to try and win.

yeah, i mean, say what you want about gorman, he was clearly into it. there just aren't many chances to narrate over a powerpoint in taskmaster. And he still found a way to do it!

neveragain

I'm surprised nobody noticed the sound of Lee dropping the jelly is funnier when heard in isolation, cutting 3 or 4 instances together makes it less funny because the rhythm is lost. This is my opinion and it is correct.

MigraineBoy

Tickets for the cinema screening audience records for Series 12 have been released:
https://www.sroaudiences.com/shows.asp

Ja'moke

I wonder why Taskmaster is still doing cinema audiences rather than having a socially distanced audience in the studio. Didn't the most recent series of Would I Lie To You? have a small studio audience?

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 19, 2021, 03:02:15 PM
I wonder why Taskmaster is still doing cinema audiences rather than having a socially distanced audience in the studio. Didn't the most recent series of Would I Lie To You? have a small studio audience?

I agree it's a shame, but Channel 4 won't wait around forever for new series and there's also the logistics of getting five comedians plus Greg and Alex to commit to a week of filming the studio bits. It looks like series 12 was wrapped up a couple of weeks ago, and I think there's a chance series 13 was too.

greencalx

So do they record the studio stuff then play that into a cinema (or cinemas?) to get the audience reaction at a later date? I'm amazed that works at all.

notjosh

Quote from: greencalx on April 19, 2021, 07:49:16 PM
So do they record the studio stuff then play that into a cinema (or cinemas?) to get the audience reaction at a later date? I'm amazed that works at all.

Yep!

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ja'moke on April 19, 2021, 03:02:15 PM
WILTY was recorded under different restrictions last Summer, the latest Taskmaster studio records were a few weeks ago when you couldn't have audiences. 

Mr Trumpet

I think the lab tasks are consistently great, more so than the outdoor stuff or the tasks in the office(?)

Virgo76

Gosh. Alex is good at Maths, isn't he?
He was on Countdown once, of course. I assume he won.

jobotic

Ugh this bit is like Room 101

up_the_hampipe

That Wozniak squeak and reveal is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this show.

DrGreggles

Was not expecting that from Woz!

greencalx

"Like a casserole down there"

ElTwopo

So Jamali basically just won that episode by stamping on everything!

Norton Canes

beanheadmcginty

Absolute classic of an episode.

Enzo

Quite a stampy episode all told.

DrGreggles

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 22, 2021, 11:46:11 PM
Absolute classic of an episode.

I thought it was one of the weaker ones. Until...

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 22, 2021, 10:03:07 PM
Absolute casserole

Might be one of the greatest delivered lines in history. Not stopped laughing.