Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Thank god no one stamped on Mike's casserole.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 23, 2021, 12:04:16 AM
I thought it was one of the weaker ones. Until...
Yeah. I'm surprised "vandalise this wall" made it to air.

Quote from: MigraineBoy on April 23, 2021, 06:23:37 AM
Yeah. I'm surprised "vandalise this wall" made it to air.

Despite their attempts being a bit weak (I thought the task itself was a good idea), it got plenty of laughs from me. Especially from Jamali, who's quickly become my second favourite on this behind the Woz.

I suppose that's the big difference between this series and last - there are still lots of laughs to be had when the tasks don't quite deliver.

Great ep. Great series. And I've started to think that it actually benefits from the lack of a studio audience - Mike's wonderful turn of phrase might get lost in the raucousness.

The Roofdog

STREET TOUGH! got a laugh from me. Though Jamali's team clearly won that, burn the fucker down, that's proper vandalism.

Quote from: Retinend on April 17, 2021, 05:25:34 AM
I did wonder if Alex knew what he was up to with that task... he also has a line in tasks where all contestants have to manipulate funny objects with their bare feet, which hasn't gone unnoticed online if you know where to look.

Definitely evident in the latest episode. So much stamping and crushing and smearing paint around. What with the binding and farting, there's a real kinky vibe to this series.

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on April 23, 2021, 09:00:39 AM
Definitely evident in the latest episode. So much stamping and crushing and smearing paint around. What with the binding and farting, there's a real kinky vibe to this series.

I genuinely wondered if that's why Charlotte refused to take her shoes off for the portrait task - she knows there must be people who run websites who'd be ready to take screenshots.

Fake edit. Yep, just googled it. The commenters on wikifeet aren't happy:

Quote from: internet perv"I literally let out a tear when she said she wouldn't remove her shoes for the "draw with your feet" task. I feel like Charlotte might already be aware of this site. At least we got some decent shots of Sarah Kendall."

kidsick5000

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 23, 2021, 09:12:42 AM
I genuinely wondered if that's why Charlotte refused to take her shoes off for the portrait task - she knows there must be people who run websites who'd be ready to take screenshots.

Fake edit. Yep, just googled it. The commenters on wikifeet aren't happy:

"I literally let out a tear when she said she wouldn't remove her shoes for the "draw with your feet" task. I feel like Charlotte might already be aware of this site. At least we got some decent shots of Sarah Kendall."

Are you on many watchlists?

Glyn

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 22, 2021, 09:56:34 PM
That Wozniak squeak and reveal is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this show.
'Fartest wins' will be lodged in my head for quite a while.

notjosh

Was dreading the end of that task as I hate farts and was preparing myself for a shart, so was relieved when it turned out to be a harmless little haemorrhoid.

This series has been a bit icky though - lots of mess and licking. What happened to the innocent days of 'make this ice cube disappear'?

Norton Canes

Does anyone really go for over an hour without the slightest amount of flatus? Is that healthy? Maybe it's all the milk he drinks.

Small Man Big Horse

I know this shouldn't be something I'm proud of but I managed a fart within twenty seconds of Mike reading the task. Might even have been fifteen, I wasn't counting, but it was bloody quick.

I also got the code from Planet of the Apes, but that's clearly far less impressive.

Norton Canes

Managed to get it from the Roman numerals. Decades of checking the copyright info at the end of BBC programme credits helped out there.

jobotic

Absolute casserole was superb but "I've frightened it back in" or whatever it was made me laugh as much.

DrGreggles

Ooh, got a couple of tickets for one of the s12 cinema screenings!

No idea if I can make it though, as it's a Wednesday afternoon in That London.
So they may be offered up to anyone who wants them. Stay tuned!

rude soil

I'm listening to Mike Wozniak on the Taskmaster podcast now. He's already had to politely confirm to Ed Gamble that the glass sculpture was a joke. And then he brings up that he's listened to the podcast before and maybe Ed shouldn't focus on the scores so much but Ed says he'd have nothing left to talk about.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I would crawl over that broken glass sculpture to have a moustache like Wozniak.

mjwilson

Is Jamali getting the list of food out of the wallet the first time that a contestant has successfully found and used one of those shortcuts?

Spode

Once managed to fart the melody that used to end the Walls sausages adverts. Something like 'crunchy bangers from walls.' I'd go as far to say nobody walking this planet had arsepipes as finely tuned  as mine during my late teens.

Bit bored of Charlotte and Lee Mack now. She's gone too laid back and he just doesn't really fit the show. Luckily, Jamali has stepped it up and Mike is an all time best contestant.

Captain Z

I am bored of Sarah constantly racking up 3 or 4 points for unremarkable competence. Really hope someone catches and overtakes her, it's very little entertainment value. Ironically it sounds like the farting task would have been a good moment for her, but I kind of suspected that would be a solo task as soon as it was read out.

Enjoying the series overall though, and it was great to see Jamali crack the batter task. I feel like it's happened before, but I can't think when.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: mjwilson on April 23, 2021, 06:53:29 PM
Is Jamali getting the list of food out of the wallet the first time that a contestant has successfully found and used one of those shortcuts?

I'm sure it's happened a few times before. Was there one in series 5 with Bob getting the code for a briefcase from the table edge?

jobotic

So what else has Mike been in then? Cuckoo which I never fancied watching, but anything good?

BeardFaceMan

Man Down is the only thing I'd seen him in before this, and that's a series that's well worth your time.

jobotic

Did I mean Man Down? Getting my Greg Davies vehicles mixed up?

I did watch some of that, was alright. I'll try again.

Quote from: jobotic on April 23, 2021, 09:54:48 PM
So what else has Mike been in then? Cuckoo which I never fancied watching, but anything good?

I think you must mean Man Down which, as BeardFaceMan says, is excellent. Apart from that, I think he's only ever had bit parts in TV stuff. He must be Taskmaster's least famous contestant, but I'm sure he'll get more telly work after his performance on it.

He crops up regularly on the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast and is great on that. His own podcast - St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter - is similar to Beef and Dairy Network but less surreal and much gentler.

Ja'moke

It's ever since Liza Tarbuck made Alex sit bare-bottomed on a cake in Series 6. He developed a fetish.

Retinend

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 23, 2021, 09:12:42 AMYep, just googled it. The commenters on wikifeet aren't happy: "I literally let out a tear when she said she wouldn't remove her shoes for the "draw with your feet" task. I feel like Charlotte might already be aware of this site. At least we got some decent shots of Sarah Kendall."

Was that a comment from top user "FootHorneyAlex"?

haha I agree... not complaining, mind

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 23, 2021, 11:03:26 PM
I think you must mean Man Down which, as BeardFaceMan says, is excellent. Apart from that, I think he's only ever had bit parts in TV stuff. He must be Taskmaster's least famous contestant, but I'm sure he'll get more telly work after his performance on it.

He crops up regularly on the Beef and Dairy Network Podcast and is great on that. His own podcast - St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter - is similar to Beef and Dairy Network but less surreal and much gentler.

He did a podcast with Diane Morgan too called Mr Gameshow, a live gameshow with him as host and Morgan as the glamorous assistant. All his stuff his worth checking out, really.

Enzo

I never knew that Mike Wozniak was previously a doctor, but it makes perfect sense really.

jobotic

Thanks all. I'll try St Elwick's Neighbourhood Association Newsletter first.