Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Mike now a tantalising nine points behind long-term leader Sarah. It couldn't happen... could it? Lee poised a further five points adrift in the unlikely event they both majorly slip up.

DrGreggles

Woz miaowing for a photo caught me off-guard.
Nearly choked on my rice crispies.

mjwilson

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on May 13, 2021, 11:41:37 PM
Because
Spoiler alert
Charlotte won? It was her second time winning.
[close]

Well now I feel foolish.

Mr Trumpet

I thought Jamali dumping a bucket of gravel on the model island was pretty funny. Also my mum wore a top like Charlotte's in the 90s and I remember thinking it was an eyesore back then, grim if that's come back into fashion. Very pleased she got a win though.

MigraineBoy

Am I being dim or is the pic used to represent last nights episode from a task that wasn't in the episode?

https://taskmaster.tv/shows/mr-octopus-and-pottyhands

Bad Ambassador

Thanks to that site, you can compile a list of the best and worst contestants overall, based on average points per show:

Roisin Conaty      11.3
Katherine Parkinson   11.8
Charlotte Ritchie   12.1*
David Baddiel      12.8
Paul Chowdhry      13.2
Phil Wang              13.3
Nish Kumar      13.4
Paul Sinha              13.6
Joe Wilkinson      13.8
Jamali Maddix      13.89*
Johnny Vegas      13.9
Sian Gibson      14.3
Sarah Pascoe      14.4
Lee Mack              14.7*
Tim Key         14.7
Joe Thomas      15
Mawaan Rizwan      15.1
Alice Levine      15.2
Mike Wozniak      15.22*
Jo Brand              15.4
Frank Skinner      15.5
Romesh Ranganathan   15.5
Doc Brown              15.6
Iain Sterling      15.6
Lolly Adefope      15.63
Aisling Bea      15.75
Katy Wix              15.8
Daisy May Cooper   15.8
Asim Chaudhry      15.9
Rose Matafeo      15.9
Al Murray              16
Bob Mortimer      16
Hugh Dennis      16.1
Dave Gorman      16.2
Richard Herring      16.2
Sarah Kendall      16.22*
Mark Watson      16.3
Sally Phillips      16.3
Josh Widdecombe   16.38
Lou Sanders      16.4
James Acaster      16.5
Rhod Gilbert      16.7
Ed Gamble      16.7
Mel Giedroyc      16.8
Joe Lycett              16.9
Russell Howard      17
Richard Osman      17.2
Tim Vine              17.5
Jessica Knappett   17.5
Rob Beckett      17.57
Noel Fielding      17.6
Kerry Godliman      17.6
Jon Richardson      18
Liza Tarbuck      18.1
Katherine Ryan      18.4

The Crumb

Weird that Bob is below two people he beat in his series. Did he do that badly in CoC?

bobloblaw

odd to see Jo Brand so undeservingly high though

as the two CoC line-ups have shown, there is a no doubt accidental, but troubling, takeaway from those stats:

with about 5 series' worth of contestants at the top until you get to the first non-white person - and a big cluster of them at the bottom.

mjwilson

Nice of them to commemorate Jessica Knappett's untimely demise stumble on the show.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: The Crumb on May 14, 2021, 02:43:08 PM
Weird that Bob is below two people he beat in his series. Did he do that badly in CoC?
Howay. What's not to like?

amateur

Quote from: mjwilson on May 14, 2021, 04:41:32 PM
Nice of them to commemorate Jessica Knappett's untimely demise stumble on the show.

An absolutely superb bit of business. Felt a warm glow on that one!

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: MigraineBoy on May 14, 2021, 12:15:30 PM
Am I being dim or is the pic used to represent last nights episode from a task that wasn't in the episode?

https://taskmaster.tv/shows/mr-octopus-and-pottyhands

That;s from the revolving camera task. You can see the frame on the wall.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 16, 2021, 01:05:22 AM
That;s from the revolving camera task. You can see the frame on the wall.

Ah they've changed it.

holyzombiejesus

When are the next contestants announced?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 17, 2021, 02:25:24 PM

They're doing the audience record for series 12 this week so I imagine we'll be finding out soon.

MigraineBoy

Yeah, isn't the first taping for the series 12 audience reactions tomorrow?  I think that makes it almost certain Thursday's finale will end with a contestant reveal trailer so they at least get it out themselves.

DrGreggles

I have a couple of tickets to an audience recording on Wednesday, but can't go.
If anyone wants them, they're all yours.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 17, 2021, 02:25:24 PM

I mentioned it upthread, but there are strong clues it's:

Spoiler alert
Desiree Burch, based on this tweet: https://twitter.com/BRITTAN_Y_/status/1378657726411239426?s=19

Then people looked at who she'd followed recently on social media, and Morgana Robinson was one of them. She happened to tag herself in a photo at Pinewood Studios at the same time Desiree was filming too: https://www.instagram.com/p/CM9ta0tHm0Y/?igshid=3e0ti967e5gi

Alan Davies and Guz Khan were the other two, and both of them had recently followed Taskmaster-related accounts and a combination of each other and/or Desiree and/or Morgana.

Some people on Reddit reckon the last name is Russell Kane, but that seems to be based purely on Desiree following him on Instagram. I noticed that she followed him at the same time she followed an account for a series of gigs in the summer that he's also on the bill for, so hopefully that explains that. I'm not sure I'd be able to watch it if he was on.

The mystery fifth contestant will make or break the lineup. Alan Davies, Desiree Burch and Guz Khan all leave me cold. Morgana could be great. I'm going to guess it'll be a big name who isn't on social media: maybe Ayoade. We'll find out in a few days.
[close]

MigraineBoy

^ that last name you mention is on social media though.  Not very active granted, but I don't see why they'd skip him if they were following all their cast mates.

olliebean

Other people
Spoiler alert
Desiree Burch
[close]
has followed recently include Tim Curry, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and President Biden. So, you know, could be any of those.

notjosh

I worked very briefly with

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 17, 2021, 04:01:10 PM
Spoiler alert
Guz Khan
[close]

and he's extremely personable and genuinely instinctively funny. I think he'd be a great shout for this.

greencalx

Would now be the time to start a S12 thread, if people are speculating about contestants? (It was around this time in the S10 thread that the S11 one was started, and the next-series chat becomes a bit distracting if you're following the thread along a (re)watch).

Quote from: greencalx on May 17, 2021, 06:26:28 PM
Would now be the time to start a S12 thread, if people are speculating about contestants? (It was around this time in the S10 thread that the S11 one was started, and the next-series chat becomes a bit distracting if you're following the thread along a (re)watch).

Yeah, that was my fault last time too. Fair enough. We'll curb the speculation and start a new thread when the lineup's undoubtedly announced later this week.

Ambient Sheep

Just caught up with last week's (S11E09).

Thought the weather task was inspired but was fucked up by everyone except Charlotte.  What a shame.

The tower yoghurt task made me think that perhaps the production team need to rethink their policy of not testing out filmed tasks in advance (apparently only the end-of-show live tasks are pre-tested for feasibility).  The fact that everyone -- even Woz with the ladder -- fucked it up so badly says something.

I thought Lee was very hard done by in the photo task.  His had me laughing out loud.  The order IMHO should've been Lee, Charlotte, Mike, Sarah, Jamali (rather than Mike, Charlotte, Lee&Sarah, Jamali, who inexplicably got 2 points).

Actually, I thought Lee was pretty hard done by in the weather task too... getting 1 point for his lovely atmospheric fog seemed pretty harsh, just 'cos Greg decided it was definitely smog because Lee cracked a Greta Thunberg joke, which he quickly retracted.

greencalx

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on May 20, 2021, 12:56:08 PM
The tower yoghurt task made me think that perhaps the production team need to rethink their policy of not testing out filmed tasks in advance (only the end-of-show live tasks are apparently pre-tested for feasibility).  The fact that everyone -- even Woz with the ladder -- fucked it up so badly says something.

That does sound negligent. I had assumed all the tasks would be road-tested by the crew before unleashing them on the contestants.

MigraineBoy

There isn't a right or a wrong way to do a task like the yogurt drop - it has so many variables; the materials they choose, how and where (ground/platform/ladder) they push it, weather conditions...

The crew could've tested it out 5 times and had 5 wildly different results to the contestants.

Plus, even though Mike found the ladder, he still didn't use it in the manner that would've been 'the hack' (ie. turning it upside down, resting the yogurt in the hollow foot, extending the ladder & then pushing it over). 

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: greencalx on May 20, 2021, 01:02:49 PM
That does sound negligent. I had assumed all the tasks would be road-tested by the crew before unleashing them on the contestants.

Me too.  I'm sure that can't always be the case, but that's what Alex said in an interview a couple of years ago.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: MigraineBoy on May 20, 2021, 01:43:14 PMThere isn't a right or a wrong way to do a task like the yogurt drop - it has so many variables; the materials they choose, how and where (ground/platform/ladder) they push it, weather conditions...

The crew could've tested it out 5 times and had 5 wildly different results to the contestants.

They might have spotted that in most cases it just drops straight down, or even backwards, though.

Quote from: MigraineBoy on May 20, 2021, 01:43:14 PMPlus, even though Mike found the ladder, he still didn't use it in the manner that would've been 'the hack' (ie. turning it upside down, resting the yogurt in the hollow foot, extending the ladder & then pushing it over).

The fact that nobody found that perhaps implies that it was simply too obscure. :)