Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 11

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, December 13, 2020, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trabuch

Quote from: vainsharpdad on May 20, 2021, 10:02:17 PM
Mike never got to win an episode - what a casserole.

He won them all.

vainsharpdad

I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoe.

MigraineBoy

On the podcast Alex said there was a very important reason he was dressed as a Roman Centurion for the weighing task, but he wouldn't reveal what it was.  This came after Gamble saying he assumed it was a terrible pun.

Any idea?

DrGreggles

Bad Ambassador

I think this has joined series 5 and 7 in the pantheon. Remarkable that the cast gelled as well as it did, given distancing.

Norton Canes

Quote from: MigraineBoy on May 21, 2021, 08:29:05 AM
On the podcast Alex said there was a very important reason he was dressed as a Roman Centurion for the weighing task

I assumed the correct weight of his head and feet were written underneath his head band and leg coverings

I had very high hopes for the series based on the lineup, but I was a bit nervous given how rotten a lot of the tasks were in series 10. I needn't have worried: possibly the best series, definitely the best lineup, certainly the greatest ever contestant. A joy!

I genuinely found Greg and Alex's acting in the series 12 teaser a bit touching: https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1395485733494919171

Virgo76

On the podcast Alex said there was a very important reason he was dressed as a Roman Centurion for the weighing task, but he wouldn't reveal what it was.  This came after Gamble saying he assumed it was a terrible pun.

Any idea?
Some weird imperial measurement joke?

mjwilson

The real mystery is why the new year's special is on All 4 as "Series 11 Episode 101" instead of episode 0, or having its own series.

DrGreggles

Virgo76

Alex came very close to serious injury.

vainsharpdad

They should have deducted four points for that

notjosh

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 21, 2021, 10:46:11 AM
Quote from: DrGreggles on December 17, 2020, 11:28:40 PM
Promising line-up, and Wozniak could be an inspired choice.
Nailed it.

Beat you to it:
Quote from: notjosh on December 17, 2020, 11:15:40 PM
Mike Wozniak feels like a perfect Taskmaster contestant to me.

Any idea?

There are 60 centurions in a legion, and there have been 60 contestants so far (11 series plus the new year special). Could that be it?

gilbertharding

Quote from: mjwilson on May 21, 2021, 10:45:49 AM
The real mystery is why the new year's special is on All 4 as "Series 11 Episode 101" instead of episode 0, or having its own series.

The New Years Special of Vic Reeves' Big Night Out is listed as an ordinary episode of the second series on All4, if that helps.

g0m

Quote from: neveragain on May 20, 2021, 10:57:10 PM
Do they tape all the in-studio bits in one day?

either 1 a day or 2 a day seems right? based on series 9 missing katy wix for two episodes?

Greg Torso

Quote from: selectivememory on May 20, 2021, 11:03:03 PM
That was a fantastic finale. Some great moments, especially Woz's prize task reveal and the absolute shambles the team of three made of the team task.

I think I'd have to put it up there with the very best series, maybe only behind 7 and 5. What more can you want from it really? Five great contestants, and mostly great tasks overall.

Completely agree. I've loved this series, almost felt like I was done with Taskmaster after S10 but this was total joy all the time. Definitely up there with the aforementioned S7 & 9. I'm really going to miss these five, especially Woz, obvs.

RFT

I find it a little odd that, by the time the second champion-of-champions with the S6-10 winners airs (xmas, presumably) , there'll also be crowned champions for S11 and S12.

notjosh

Could it be a reference to something like this?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaius_Gracchus#Aftermath

QuoteGaius' head was cut off, as Opimius had announced that whoever brought back the head would be paid its weight in gold. When the head measured an astonishing seventeen and two-thirds pounds, it was discovered that Septimuleius, who brought the head, committed fraud by removing the brain and pouring in molten lead

Maybe that was supposed to be the hidden shortcut for this task.