Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It'll Be Alright On The Night

Started by robhug, December 14, 2020, 12:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

Quote from: ElTwopo on December 17, 2020, 08:48:03 PM
one of my favourites: 'Alcohol... liquor... booze...'.

Yes super stuff there. Also the bloke in the bad plastic jacket falling down the side of a hill. "When a man is tired of London, he's WAHEY!"

Icehaven

Virgo76

Seemed to be loads of clips from Australian shows on the new one.

Chriddof

I watched this latest one at 4x the speed yesterday (I'd have killed myself otherwise). It seemed to be 80% stuff that would have already been broadcast, either as part of something like This Morning or some reality show. The rest was made up of Australian news clips (as previously mentioned) and maybe two actual "cock-ups" as dear old Dennis would have recognised them (a historical drama featuring Tony Robinson, something going wrong on Judge Rinder).

Re: the "alcohol, liquor, booze" thing - here's the original raw footage of that, which appears to now be considered a meme by Americans. Without the laughter and the immediate pause after he falls, it ends up being quite eerie. (I'd say it was a trap door.)

Also re: the HTV bloke getting nutted by a plane - I think the first time I saw that footage, it was on one of those US-made "Most Incredible Terrifying Accidents Ever" shows. The thing that really sticks in my mind is that the reporter's boss demanded the film cameraman follow the stricken reporter to the hospital, where he was basically ordered to deliver a concluding piece to camera while in bed, heavily concussed, and with a Whizzer & Chips-style massive bandage around his head.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on December 18, 2020, 06:33:44 AM
Quite famously 60.

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/kay-burley-sky-news-suspended-six-months-off-air-covid-breach-60th-birthday-party-790362?ito=sms_share_article-top

Well, she looks younger, and I still would. There, I've said it.
I've long since come to terms with how old Richard Madeley is, since seeing that clip of Shakin' Stevens attacking him in 1980.

Andy147

Quote from: famethrowa on December 18, 2020, 01:28:09 AM
Yes super stuff there. Also the bloke in the bad plastic jacket falling down the side of a hill. "When a man is tired of London, he's WAHEY!"

Isn't that Danny Baker?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That *is* Danny Baker, yus ( well, either him or the original singer with Mercury Rev putting on a convincing Cockney accent).I was thinking of replying to famethrowa's post in a way in which I implied that Danny Baker is a cunt, but I ultimately couldn't be arsed.

Top Elizabeth Sladen But A Bit More Mumsier ( And Alive) Lookalike Kay Burley is 94 60.

the

Did you ever work in VT Lisa?

Quote from: Chriddof on December 18, 2020, 07:58:05 AMRe: the "alcohol, liquor, booze" thing - here's the original raw footage of that, which appears to now be considered a meme by Americans. Without the laughter and the immediate pause after he falls, it ends up being quite eerie. (I'd say it was a trap door.)

Initially I thought it was a piss-about for an Xmas tape or something (due to the way the camera pans down), but you can hear his lapel mic getting disconnected as he falls, so you might be right. He would've had to clear the clip for broadcast, so presumably he was alright about it.

Quote from: Chriddof on December 18, 2020, 07:58:05 AMAlso re: the HTV bloke getting nutted by a plane - I think the first time I saw that footage, it was on one of those US-made "Most Incredible Terrifying Accidents Ever" shows. The thing that really sticks in my mind is that the reporter's boss demanded the film cameraman follow the stricken reporter to the hospital, where he was basically ordered to deliver a concluding piece to camera while in bed, heavily concussed, and with a Whizzer & Chips-style massive bandage around his head.

There are a couple of clips of it on YT, one has 'sign in for age' so fuck that, the other is from a similar US 'let's play the clip several times with dramatic music on it' spreadsheet of a programme.

I think you've slightly unfairly characterised the end there - given that they were a news crew and that the accident became the story itself, they obviously would've wanted to show viewers that he was alright. IIRC he does comically have two black eyes.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: the on December 18, 2020, 09:07:48 AM
He would've had to clear the clip for broadcast, so presumably he was alright about it.
"Blink once for yes."

petril

Quote from: David Pielingtonburygrot on December 17, 2020, 05:11:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the "What's in the Box" blooper, or "cock up", as we say in the industry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72HnKHM_kM

tell us what's in your box, you bastard