Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No Deal Brexit Imminent [split topic] [start new threads]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 07, 2020, 08:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

A little small company called Amazon haven't figured out how to provide their streaming service in Ireland Post Brexit. Not that they had any time to prepare I guess while still advertising their full service up to late December.

Buelligan

I'm wondering whether we should have a new thread now.  Now that Britain has finally jumped and we can watch the fall.  I hope eels everywhere are silently singing their own Ode to Joy.

idunnosomename

i think the sunday sport is interesting how people still fall for it in 2020 in that it shows how unremarkable a lot of its stuff looks next to the ridiculousness of the rest of the British media

JamesTC

I'm happy to share my sex arse with the rest of Europe.

idunnosomename

hope you have filled out all the requisite customs forms since we've left with a hard boris boner brexit

evilcommiedictator

What about all those British-made sex arses? Get the kids into a factory to make em, I say.
Bung us a bob for our bendy buttressing bumsex device

Can't wait for Captain Tom to be announced as the mascot for this useful latex tool

jobotic

Don't care about this, Johnny Frog can keep the sex arses. I know that the best sex arse is already in Kent - I'm sitting on it ha ha

paruses

Sadly sex(y British) arses will not be able to sit on a comfortable new British-made Brooks Saddle for the time being - https://road.cc/content/news/brooks-england-stops-sales-uk-shoppers-because-brexit-279791

I used to live in Smethwick too. Had no idea they were made there. Maybe I will go and peer into the window like a Victorian urchin only to be chased off by a bobby.

JamesTC

Replace saddle with sex arse. Bikes more fun thanks to Brexit.

jobotic

Farage thinks cyclists are scum though so it's a double Brexit win!

buzby

Quote from: jobotic on January 02, 2021, 12:26:04 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/02/authorities-investigate-possible-sinkhole-in-kent-lorry-park

Manston Airport - no manners, but what a critic
After reading that article, at no point had it crossed anyone's minds that it was an old bomb crater from WWII? Being so close to the coast, RAF Manston was heavily bombed during the Battle Of Britain.

Non Stop Dancer

The only fact these tossers know about the battle of Britain is that we gave Gerry a bloody good hiding and no mistake. Don't need to know no more about it mate.

dissolute ocelot

Look forward to be crushed under the weight of stories about how every manufacturing company left in Britain[nb]NI a whole other kettle of fish I can't even speculate on because I have no clue post-Brexit[/nb] can't do anything because of Brexit, plus an equally huge number of stories in right-wing press (and BBC) with businessmen saying Brexit has set them free (and revealing in the small print they don't actually export at all). No, wait, I'm not looking forward to that.

Fambo Number Mive

Nine year old child could die due to issue caused by Brexit:

QuoteThe mother of a nine-year-old boy with a rare and severe form of epilepsy has told how she fears her son could die after the government announced his supply of a life-changing cannabis medicine from the Netherlands would stop because of Brexit.

Hannah Deacon was given just two weeks notice by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) that due to the end of the transition period "prescriptions issued in the UK can no longer be lawfully dispensed in an EU member state".

Her campaign to save her son Alfie Dingley's life in 2017 led to a change in the law enabling the medicine which has seen him seizure free after years of 150 seizures a week, to be prescribed in the UK.

Deacon told the Guardian she is in despair about her child's future if he cannot get the Bedrolite oil he now takes three times a day.

"They [the DHSC] said they understand our concern but they can't do anything. Well let me tell them, it is not concerning, it is terrifying."

She says she wasn't even told directly by the DHSC that she would no longer get the drug, something she describes as "galling"...

"I am facing the fact that my son might go into refractory epileptic seizures again which can kill people. That's how dangerous this is. So to say 'oh you can swap it for another product, sorry we can't help' it is grossly unacceptable. It's very very dangerous and I'm really frightened about what is going to happen," she said...

In desperation Deacon wrote to Boris Johnson begging him to intervene on 29 December.

"I just got an automatic response to say that he doesn't reply to people that aren't his constituents, which I find shocking because he is the prime minister," said Deacon...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/05/mother-fears-son-could-die-as-brexit-stops-medical-cannabis-medicine-supply