Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't stand 'em

Started by kalowski, December 15, 2020, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Who are the artists you fucking hate? Even better if it's for some irrational reason. Me?

1. Queen. Nothing about them I like. Freddie's fucking vest and his "Day-oh" shit. May and his homemade knitting needle guitar (Brian May should play for three hour), Roger Taylor and his supercilious look, staring down at us meek working class oiks. And the other one.
2. Billy Joel. I only know three of his songs and they are all cunts: Just The Way You Are; Uptown Twatting Girl and the ultimate spam email, We Didn't Start The Fire. Die Billy Joel.
3. Sting. Obviously.

Absorb the anus burn

Queen.
Bob Dylan.
Coldplay.
U2.

DrGreggles

Obviously I hate Queen, but I fucking hate Bon Jovi more.

BlodwynPig

The Bootleg Beatles - plinky plonky nursery rhymes

PaulTMA

Shiny, Happy & The Peoples and their hit 'Here Comes This Shit Again'

The Culture Bunker

Queen
Abba
Oasis
Elton John

There's loads of outright pop music that I can't stand, but that was disposable fluff forgotten about a few years after it's put out. Acts like the above still get critically lauded decades on, and I don't understand it at all. Four acts, every note they made is absolute shite to my ears. I'd probably count Oasis worst of the lot, because they were - more than anything - so absolutely boring.

I'm sure I'd hate someone like Ed Sheeran and Adele just as much, but thankfully most of the last 15 years I've been able to avoid listening to music I'm not interested in.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I turn off Ed Sheeran whenever he comes on the radio. Hate him. Exception is Lay It All On Me with Rudimental.

Johnboy

James
The Beautiful South

just something really annoying about them

Brundle-Fly

I'm beginning to can't stand  Madonna compounded by something a chauffer driver mate told me recently about her being a ghastly c**t  and Chart Music Podcast's recent coat downs confirming my longstanding and unpopular opinion of the Material Girl. I'm sure she means a great deal to people and has certainly achieved a lot in the 'shit business' but 'Madge' comes across to me as a cold, calculating, gimlet-eyed figure. In a bathtub. Crying.

I did like Vogue though.

earl_sleek

Ed Sheeran, yeah. I kind of hate the fact that I hate him, because he's one of the most obvious pop stars for someone like me to hate, and it's somewhat ridiculous for a man in his mid 30s to hate music that's not even aimed at him, but I do hate him. Not just his music, him as a person as well. Somehow he manages to commmunicate an utter, concentrated twattiness through everything he does. I find him incredibly calculated and oily. And his music is so baaaadd, man, while being technically ok. Urgh.

earl_sleek

Honourable mentions (that 6 Music FUCKING LOVE):

Kae Tempest
Jhenny Beth / Savages
Idles

jobotic

Primal Scream

Kasabian (pre-cancellig) for being sub-Primal Scream. Imagine wanting to be that.

JaDanketies

Guns and Roses, and Bon Jovi. I think it's the singing? Or perhaps the ubiquity.

As a metalhead there is loads of metal I discount for arbitrary reasons.

Menu

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 15, 2020, 11:46:50 PM
  compounded by something a chauffer driver mate told me recently   

More about this, please!

Spiteface

AC/DC

Do people actually LIKE the new album or is it charity because one of them died? They always came off as a band that sharts out a new album every so often just to tour. Every singer they've had was/is awful, too.

Liam Gallagher as a solo act.

I used to love Oasis. Liam solo is a fucking Oasis tribute band and little else.

In a similar vein, Richard Ashcroft.

I listened to the Verve's Haigh Hall gig the other day. His vocals are the least-interesting part of The Verve. I could listen to Nick McCabe, Simon Jones and Pete Salisbury jamming for hours. I can't stand Ashcroft's acoustic balladry for even one song. I really want McCabe and Jones to do a new Black Submarine album one day.

sutin

Radiohead
Kate Bush

Both because of the vocals, and Bush also for her ballet moves and kraeeee-zee eyes.

Tullycraft

They literally have a song called 'Twee' and the singer sounds like a smug Sesame Street character.

Art Brut

Dude with the worst accent i've ever heard talking. Musically grand, but that accent puts my teeth on edge.

Pavement

The sort of band that you could listen to one of their songs a 100 times in a row and still remember nothing about it. Listless.

kalowski

Glad to see the common hatred of Queen here. Hat tip to haters of Elton John too and for James to be on a list is just delightful.

Jockice

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Literally everything about them annoys me. I genuinely think they're the worst band in the history of music. Any music. Worldwide.

I may not like all of the other acts mentioned in this thread but with every last one I can see why people may like them. Even Dylan, who I think is almost totally talentless. I can't see why anyone would like RHCP. It totally mystifies me.

Jockice

Quote from: Menu on December 16, 2020, 01:03:26 AM

More about this, please!

Someone I knew in the music business (nobody famous. Sorry) once told me about Madonna having a tantrum at an airport. And by tantrum I mean the full throwing herself to the ground, kicking her legs in the air, shouting, screaming and crying bit. The sort of thing the average six-year-old would be ashamed of.

So yes, I can imagine that there are other similar tales going round.

And Vogue is an awful single. A song about a dance craze that never existed. I was a nightclub regular in those days and never once saw anyone 'vogueing.'

Pink Gregory

I think the thing about Ed Sheeran is his fucking wetness and sentimentality.  In his music anyway.  The complete lack of any inventiveness in his lyrics adds to this, even from his first single - fuckin...crumbling like *pastries* PASTRIES FLAKE, THEY DON'T CRUMBLE ye gods.

timebug

Sting (Obviously)
Ed Sheeran
James Fucking Blunt
Any X Factor type twats who think they are great.And never are.

SteveDave

Queen
The Despicable Miles Kane
Frank Zappa
All jazz and reggae

Butchers Blind

Twonty Gostelow

The eight people in Polyphonic Spree who seem happy to let the others do all the hard work.

jobotic

Quote from: Jockice on December 16, 2020, 07:32:12 AM

And Vogue is an awful single. A song about a dance craze that never existed. I was a nightclub regular in those days and never once saw anyone 'vogueing.'

It was probably a thing five years before the single came out. She always jumps on the bandwagon years too late. Which is a bit sad really when you think of her early days.

pigamus

Quote from: Butchers Blind on December 16, 2020, 10:14:41 AM
Bjork.

I used to love Bjork but in the end I had to admit it was mainly because I really fancied her.

Thomas

I don't hate Queen, but I only sort of like 'One Vision' and their Christmas song, and even then only when they happen to come on. Don't fancy all that big ballad power rock.

As for actual can't-stand-ems, Michael Bublé, Coldplay, and Bon Jovi. Usually if I don't particularly like a song, I'm unmoved and can tune it out for the three or four minutes of its duration. But with these lads it's different. It feels as though I'm allergic to them.

Custard

Phil Collins - though I accept he's done some good stuff. I think it's more the man himself. I just can't get past it

Sting - again, some quality singles. But again, the man. The shitting man

Chris Rea - for me he's the soundtrack to never-ending car sickness. Just grating and bland in every way. He's ruined shopping at Iceland for me too. And Christmas.

The Kooks - so amazingly woeful. Pure half arsed, turgid, indie landfill. The singer is so punchable. I don't think I'd be able to stop

Lady Gaga - I quite like the obvious early singles, but she seems so shallow, empty and calculating. It's like a faded photocopy of Madonna, but with none of the tunes. Her stupid face in that weird Christmas advert too. Not for me

Taylor Swift - I just don't get it. She also seems really fucking annoying and completely in love with herself

Any American nu-metal shite that was everywhere in the early 00's. Fred fucking Durst.

Eminem, when he started doing that weird accent or going on about his mum. Or when he puts out something completely without merit, like Ass Like That

The Cranberries. Like someone letting off squeeking bum blasts in your ear. The lyrics are amazingly bad, too

Any of these modern rappers you get these days with no tunes, loads of autotune, and tattoos all over their face. They seem to die every week, too. It's like Jared Leto's Joker discovered Computer Music magazine during lockdown

DrGreggles

Soft rock
All of it

Cunt music for cunts who don't like music

Jockice

Quote from: Shameless Custard on December 16, 2020, 11:11:07 AM

The singer is so punchable. I don't think I'd be able to stop

I'm exactly like that with CaB fave Neil Hannon. Smug little tit.