Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can't stand 'em

Started by kalowski, December 15, 2020, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

I met one Radiohead fan at a party who reacted when I told him my favourite Radiohead album is 'In Rainbows' as if I'd said my favourite film was 'Mac and Me'. Now every time I hear Thom Yorke's keening mewl I immediately think of this condescending wanksnap and his 'oh I see I'm dealing with a fool here' face and it puts me off them a bit. Clearly unfair on Radiohead, damned by only one of their many fans, but them's my emotions. I have a similar thing with Zappa. I know one Zappa obsessive who I think is a bit of a tosser and I can't help imagining his concerts being populated by hundreds of clones of this one guy and that he operated within the parameters of an eclectic genre that, while varied and exploratory, was unfortunately named 'Tosser Music'. I know how ridiculous and irrational that is and if you played me, say, 'Willie The Pimp' right now I'd think "That is clearly amazing". My brain's the tosser, pal.

The only correct answer is 'Kid A', apparently. My second favourite Radiohead album.

phantom_power

I love Radiohead in all their incarnations but can see why some people wouldn't like certain aspects of their music, image or fanbase (so in a way I am the best). There are much more inexplicable bands and artists in this thread

lankyguy95

I find The King Of Limbs dull beyond belief and I don't like Amnesiac either. I like most of their other stuff.

JaDanketies

OK Computer is the best obv

Jockice

Pablo Honey is the best ob...oh, I can't do this.

Captain Crunch

I'd like to see more naked hatred of Ghost.  Fella puts a hat on and suddenly it's 'showmanship' pfft. 

Glyn

Quote from: non capisco on December 31, 2020, 12:48:56 PM
The only correct answer is 'Kid A', apparently. My second favourite Radiohead album.
It's a toss up between the two for me (Kid A is more cohesive but In Rainbows is more fun). Perfectly respectable opinion to have I'd say.

The Culture Bunker

I liked those first three Radiohead albums around the time they came out, when I was a stroppy teen. After that, I grew up a bit and got into other stuff and everything they've made since has just been "meh" to me. I don't find it terrible and I can sort of see what they're aiming for, just does absolutely nothing to these ears that makes me want to hear it again. I tried going back to listen to 'The Bends' a few years ago and it didn't do much but bring on a rueful chuckle in remembrance of past times.

Fronty Prongs

Quote from: Captain Crunch on December 31, 2020, 08:28:17 PM
I'd like to see more naked hatred of Ghost.  Fella puts a hat on and suddenly it's 'showmanship' pfft.

Saw them in 2013, coming on after Gojira had just done an amazing set - made Ghost sound very flimsy in comparison.

That incarnation of the singer's character looked like fancy-dress King Diamond too. Jaz Coleman already perfected the mad-eyed theatrics and hand gestures long ago.

Square Hammer is a fantastic pop song though, good luck to them.