Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cabbers Favourite Albums of 2020

Started by Dirty Boy, December 17, 2020, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

When I saw Anna von Hausswolff on this thread I immediately galloped off to listen to her latest album and it seemed like discordant noise on a lonely pipe organ. Gave up midway through. It's no Dead Magic. Much respect to her as a musician though.

The Culture Bunker

You can count all the 2020 albums I bought on one hand. Luckily I enjoyed them all:

Psychedelic Furs - Made of Rain
The Midnight - Monsters
Nina - Synthian
At 1980 - A Thousand Lives

Dr Syntax Head

Fontaines DC. Fucking excellent.
SAULT. Fucking excellent.
Vennart. Fucking quite excellent

Those stood out for me but I listened to very little new music in 2020

That Fontaines DC album though.

thugler

Thanks for all the recs. Always love going through this thread when I get the chance, cheers to everyone who made a list, always eclectic and has loads of stuff I've never heard of before. I'd make a list but it'd be short and be similar to some others. Maybe the Napalm Death was my favourite though.

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 17, 2020, 01:46:21 PM
I do an annual countdown of my top 20 on Facebook from the start of December, so here it is. a lot of them are hard to sell.

14. numün - voyage au soleil
Inscrutable trio of guitar, synth, and gamelan sound like new age music gone space-country?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjzVFvBAfm0

Sold on the word 'gamelan' which isn't something I can hear much tbh, but what a great album this is.

danwho9

1. Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
2. King Krule - Man Alive!
3. Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump on a wooden piano