Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coronavirus and Kent

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 17, 2020, 01:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

How can Matt Hancock not justify locking down Kent when he is telling everyone in the Kent to "The only way that we can get it under control is for people in Kent is to essentially behave as if they have the virus and are trying not to pass it on to somebody else."

Surely this would logically (I know Matt Hancock is no fan of logic) mean that no-one in Kent should be leaving the house, which would be greatly helped by a lock down. Unless the word "essentially" makes a difference.

I can't see how lifting restrictions for Christmas can be justified in many areas but in particular Kent. No offence to the residents of Kent, it's an area I want to explore a lot once the pandemic is over, but five days of household mixing in an area with that many cases?

I guess the huge number of cases in Dover probably includes quite a few port workers, adding to the issues caused by Covid and Brexit.

jobotic

Yes me and my family will behave as if we have the virus and don't wish to pass it on. While we have to go to work and school.

Fucking vape shop round the corner is open if we fancy that.

When we went into "lockdown" on 5th Nov my area's rate per 100,000 was 174.1. It's now 701.1

Fambo Number Mive

Is this "blame the people, not those in charge" the start of people on the right trying to shrink the state much further by creating the idea that the government is not responsible for trying to do anything about how people behave?

I don't know if this is all tied in with Brexit but it feels like there is a determination among many people on the right to shout down any criticism of the government, however mild. People who use the "#scummedia" hashtag seem to be mainly Brexiteers and I don't know whether the Tory right either want a country where the government is only responsible for defence and everything else is privatised, or a more authoritarian regime where all the media are full on government propagandists and social media is banned. Or maybe a bit of both.

shiftwork2

Fambo Number Mive

Sheppy East has a rolling rate of 1,732.9

jobotic

Partly because of the prisons I think. The next ward from me has a prison and the figure is above 1000.

Dr Rock

Brundle-Fly

A mate in Gillingham just sent me this Medway Council Services tweet. He's now for a laugh trying to get a free Playstation out of them because he's on sickness benefits.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good job nothing else of real importance is happening in the Kent area over the next month.

BlodwynPig

shiftwork2

As if anyone in the Medway towns has ever seen a board game.  If they did they'd try and fuck it.

jobotic

What did you say? I'm trying to get this hungry hippo to suck me off.

Butchers Blind

Its those webbed feet, inbred, throwbacks from Sheepy that's the problem.  Need to blow up that bridge to the mainland.

shiftwork2

Problem is the Sheppies are trying to fuck the bridge night and day so you can't get at it.  They sent in tanks a while back and the Sheppies tried to fuck those too and they had to retreat.  Not so much Dickens as Dick-ins.

jobotic

Actually feeling scared now, like I did months ago.

Attila

Mr Attila is from a little village in Kent where they all have the same strangely-coloured grey eyes. He tells me that his mother's family were thrilled when she got married, cos she married a guy from the next village over --  helped to ensure that their kids would blink in unison.

Spoon of Ploff

Reckon the Sheppey Islanders got so fed up waiting for that munitions wreck to explode and kill everything that they're throwing themselves willingly in front of the Covid19 bus.

paruses

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on December 18, 2020, 12:34:24 PM
Reckon the Sheppey Islanders got so fed up waiting for that munitions wreck to explode and kill everything that they're throwing themselves willingly in front of the Covid19 bus.

Is that still on the cards? Everyday that I lived in Southend I hoped that would happen. Apparently the tidal wave would kill us too OR at least mean I did not have to go to work.