Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:04:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tier Four

Started by Chedney Honks, December 19, 2020, 02:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

"BREAKING: Christmas cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with "stay at home" message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day with "stay local message". International travel not advised. Latest plan. @cazjwheeler"

So, Tier Four is therefore TFD as per March/April.

With the new variant, bed capacity, misc winter variables, it does seem that the third lockdown is here earlier than expected.

Is it now finally the time to just do this properly and crush it for a couple of months?

jobotic

What about work and schools?

Stay at home by law unless you have to go and do the things that spread it the most.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Chedney Honks on December 19, 2020, 02:55:02 PM
Is it now finally the time to just do this properly and crush it for a couple of months?

Lol no. Rishi will not allow it. Get out there and spend money you worms.

Captain Z

May 2021: Boris set announce tier 7...

Fuck's sake. I have deliberately not done things in the past week to isolate myself ahead of seeing people at Christmas. And bought stuff in for the guests we were going to have. Now it seems we're just going to be shut indoors for the next 6 weeks.

petercussing

Quote from: Captain Z on December 19, 2020, 03:26:49 PM
May 2021: Boris set announce tier 7...

All households must get in their individually allocated Great British Isolation Box and wait for death or salvation. Cooperation is appreciated, as if you are in the GBB then it will be easier for the GB covid handlers to move your infested corpses. 

Fambo Number Mive

Do Parliament have to agree on this? I assume the Cyclist Harmer will tell his MPs to abstain. Does Johnson have the Tory numbers?

It's really sad and I think partly reflects the lack of enforcement. If they had properly enforced COVID rules like people wearing masks on the buses then maybe cases wouldn't be that high. I don't know. Going to be playing that Kunt and the gang song a lot!

BlodwynPig

Cuellar

Should have done this 1st Dec - 23rd Dec, nationally.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on December 19, 2020, 03:56:00 PM
Should have done this 1st Dec - 23rd Dec, nationally.

If only there had been someone to propose this.

jobotic

Good thing the Tory Party put the scientists in their place.

Fambo Number Mive

I see Johnson got in another little nationalistic jab in his speech, as well as getting confused when New Year was.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 19, 2020, 04:31:06 PM
I see Johnson got in another little nationalistic jab in his speech, as well as getting confused when New Year was.

I think it's more that he knows we'll be under tier 4 / lockdown until the end of January at the very least too, and slipped up then.

wooders1978

Great, so I am in tier 2 but mum and bro will be in tier 4 - already spent loads of money on food and they haven't got anything in as it's all my treat on the day, so I'm going to have to ignore this "law", somehow I don't think I'll be the only one

RDRR

Spent loads of money on trains from Scotland to South England and back but won't be catching them now, was already disinclined.

Haven't really been following how the tiers work. Is all of London, East and South East England under tier 4?

wooders1978

Quote from: RDRR on December 19, 2020, 04:46:35 PM
Spent loads of money on trains from Scotland to South England and back but won't be catching them now, was already disinclined.

Haven't really been following how the English tiers work. Is all of London, East and South East England under tier 4?

I think it's all the one that went into tier 3 the other day

Quote from: wooders1978 on December 19, 2020, 04:48:27 PM
I think it's all the one that went into tier 3 the other day

This is my big question. Is it just the areas that went into Tier 3 early, or all of the Tier 3 areas?

shiftwork2

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on December 19, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
This is my big question. Is it just the areas that went into Tier 3 early, or all of the Tier 3 areas?

wooders is right.  If you went into tier 3 this week you are now in 4.  Otherwise, no change.

Fambo Number Mive

Peston asking "is this the worst moment of the epidemic?"  Pointless question.

Chedney Honks

I wonder if Tier 4 is also an attempt to avoid or defer a third national lockdown. My brother has been told most likely 6th Jan by the contact tracing people, but perhaps this will be the next step to keep things limping along.

lipsink

So how fucked is Johnson after this? It'll be hard to spin it, he could've cancelled Christmas way before this but chickened out.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 19, 2020, 05:02:26 PM
Peston asking "is this the worst moment of the epidemic?"  Pointless question.

Pointless question from a pointless man. This is a pointless post too, but at least I'm not an arse-licking so-called journalist.

Why is no one interrogating them about the fact that it's clearly spreading through schools. Shut the schools!

Alberon

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 19, 2020, 05:01:11 PM
wooders is right.  If you went into tier 3 this week you are now in 4.  Otherwise, no change.

My sister narrowly missed going into Tier 3 (she lives north of London), but I now think she is in Tier 4.

shiftwork2

OK, then I hope there's some very clear advice coming tonight because I've been following it today and still got it wrong.

Zetetic

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on December 19, 2020, 05:04:40 PM
Why is no one interrogating them about the fact that it's clearly spreading through schools. Shut the schools!
Cross-party consensus on the importance of keeping schools open. Clearly vastly different rates of spread within the UK, and in other countries that have kept schools open.

Rizla

Did Johnson really tell Kieth to "have a merry little cressmass" or was that a malfunction of the ham robot's voice circuit?