Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,459
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tier Four

Started by Chedney Honks, December 19, 2020, 02:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

QuoteCharles Walker, Vice Chair of the 1922 Tory backbench committee in the Commons tells TWTW that he thinks the government knew it intended to "cancel" Christmas on Wednesday or Thursday but waited for Parliament to rise to do it. Says many of his colleagues find this "egregious."

Quote from: olliebean on December 19, 2020, 05:18:45 PM
Can't help wondering if the decision was taken already but he's delayed the announcement until after Parliament is out so as to avoid scrutiny.

Nailed it.

Alberon

Johnson is going to get the sack for the massive COVID deaths, the complete economic fuckdown and the bodged Brexit once this is all over.

But it won't make up for any of them, let alone them all.

Cuellar

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 20, 2020, 06:02:45 PM
I'm so pissed off about this. My modest plan to see my mum, who I've only seen for one afternoon this year since early February when she was in hospital, has been totally wrecked by the cowardice of these tory shitbags. We've both avoided seeing people for the last couple of weeks to minimise the risk, and now it turns out we'll both be alone on Xmas day anyway.

I was deeply sceptical about Xmas happening months ago but I let my guard down when it got so close to Xmas with the five-day C19-superspreading holiday still in place. So, for other practical reasons, I had my mum's presents delivered here instead of to her place and sent gifts for my cousin's son and daughter to their parents' address. Now it's too late to do anything about that. It's a minor thing, I suppose, but it would have been a crumb of comfort to see them get their gifts over video chat.

Same. I've been isolating since more or less the start of December in order to minimize the risk of going to my very recently bereaved mum for a few days, who is now in tier 4.

My wretched brother and his girlfriend who live in London and who have been seeing friends, going to pubs for weeks have decided that they are mum's support bubble so they'll be going (not sure if that's allowed or not).

So what am I going to do? Drive 1 hour there, alone, sit in the house going nowhere for 3 days then drive myself back to tier 2? Absolutely not. I will categorically NOT be doing that.

Janie Jones

I'm so pissed off about this. My modest plan to see my mum, who I've only seen for one afternoon this year since early February when she was in hospital, has been totally wrecked by the cowardice of these tory shitbags. We've both avoided seeing people for the last couple of weeks to minimise the risk, and now it turns out we'll both be alone on Xmas day anyway.

I was deeply sceptical about Xmas happening months ago but I let my guard down when it got so close to Xmas with the five-day C19-superspreading holiday still in place. So, for other practical reasons, I had my mum's presents delivered here instead of to her place and sent gifts for my cousin's son and daughter to their parents' address. Now it's too late to do anything about that. It's a minor thing, I suppose, but it would have been a crumb of comfort to see them get their gifts over video chat.

Of all the disappointment and despair I've seen today on social media and among my friends and family, this is the one that got me. It's just so... I dunno. You were as thoughtful and careful as you could be but were still thwarted and it's not as if you were asking a lot.

I'm done. What is the fucking point of anything in this fucking ruined shithole of a country with a cabal of cack-handed cunts in charge.

Replies From View

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on December 19, 2020, 03:26:59 PM
Fuck's sake. I have deliberately not done things in the past week to isolate myself ahead of seeing people at Christmas. And bought stuff in for the guests we were going to have. Now it seems we're just going to be shut indoors for the next 6 weeks.

If you want a guarantee of working with many hundreds of families from the start of January, regardless of what tier you are in, simply start working in a primary school.

sirhenry

Quote from: Janie Jones on December 20, 2020, 09:18:20 PM
What is the fucking point of anything in this fucking ruined shithole of a country with a cabal of cack-handed cunts in charge.
We live to dance on their graves. As it ever was.

kalowski

I'm done. What is the fucking point of anything in this fucking ruined shithole of a country with a cabal of cack-handed cunts in charge.
Told my kids today, first chance they get go live in New Zealand or Canada or somewhere. Get away from here.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: BritishHobo on December 20, 2020, 07:37:28 PMDropping this at the last minute is a truly insane and baffling decision. It pisses off everyone - those who oppose lockdown and those who support it alike.
It probably won't happen, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if on Wednesday night, there's a u-turn with a new stance of "three day window" or something.

idunnosomename

Tier Four would be a good apocalyptic boyband name

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cuellar on December 20, 2020, 08:52:33 PM
Same. I've been isolating since more or less the start of December in order to minimize the risk of going to my very recently bereaved mum for a few days, who is now in tier 4.

My wretched brother and his girlfriend who live in London and who have been seeing friends, going to pubs for weeks have decided that they are mum's support bubble so they'll be going (not sure if that's allowed or not).

So what am I going to do? Drive 1 hour there, alone, sit in the house going nowhere for 3 days then drive myself back to tier 2? Absolutely not. I will categorically NOT be doing that.

I've been looking at the rules properly and I've realised that because both my mum and I live alone, we are eligible to form a support bubble. This is despite us being in different tiers (she is in tier 4 and I am in tier 2) - it's discouraged but not forbidden if you are unable to form a bubble within your own tier. The important thing is that we haven't met anyone else for ten days prior and that we won't meet anyone else while I'm there and ten days after. It looks like it could be on after all.

I don't know what to suggest for your situation. It seems like it should be you going to see your mum and not your brother and his girlfriend.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-support-bubble-with-another-household#changing-your-support-bubble

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home

Johnny Yesno

Of all the disappointment and despair I've seen today on social media and among my friends and family, this is the one that got me. It's just so... I dunno. You were as thoughtful and careful as you could be but were still thwarted and it's not as if you were asking a lot.

Thanks for your supportive comment Janie but I think I might have got despondent too soon - see the post above. Apologies for making you bummed out unnecessarily. I mean, the country is a shithole and people are having shit time, but I think I might be fine in this instance.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 20, 2020, 10:23:02 PM
Tier Four would be a good apocalyptic boyband name

All I can think of when I hear Tier 4 is what is now known as the Student visa. It's so lucky that the name became available right when it was needed for something else otherwise all manner of madcap larks could have happened.

Menu

Ah mate. Sorry to hear this. Hope your mum isn't too sad about it. This fucking shit government - ruining people's fucking lives.

Menu

Quote from: Cuellar on December 20, 2020, 08:52:33 PM

On the balance of things, and regardless of the letter of the law, it might be safer for you and your mum if you spend Christmas with her and discourage your brother and his girlfriend from coming.

Jasha

Just think about the amount of goodwill they've pissed away since March

lipsink

It's annoying enough that I'm not getting home to see my mum and dad for xmas but then I go into a newsagents and some fucking cunt not wearing a mask isn't looking wearing he's going and bangs straight into me.

mr. logic

Christmas in Moscow let's do this whoop

Chedney Honks

Quote from: lipsink on December 21, 2020, 04:01:37 PM
It's annoying enough that I'm not getting home to see my mum and dad for xmas but then I go into a newsagents and some fucking cunt not wearing a mask isn't looking wearing he's going and bangs straight into me.

Should have headbutt him so hard you BOTH scream

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on December 20, 2020, 09:29:54 PM
If you want a guarantee of working with many hundreds of families from the start of January, regardless of what tier you are in, simply start working in a primary school.

My housemate works in a primary school. Managed to avoid getting Covid yet, though. She wears a mask and observes social distancing as much as she can at work, but she says she's pretty much the only member of staff who does.

Head Gardener

lipsink

That hair is pretty much what Boris Johnson looks like now.

olliebean

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Boris Johnson is coming out to deliver these incredibly sobering press conferences and still clearly deliberately messing up his hair beforehand?

gib

Quote from: olliebean on December 21, 2020, 10:00:37 PM
Anyone else bothered by the fact that Boris Johnson is coming out to deliver these incredibly sobering press conferences and still clearly deliberately messing up his hair beforehand?

yup

Blinder Data

70+ your old neighbours of in-laws in tier 4 invited them round for Christmas dinner. nice of them to do, of course, but not appropriate.

they had already arranged for family to come over on Christmas Day! and are visiting others on boxing Day!

people are fucking morons. if the actions and attitudes of my wife's friends/family are anything to go by, geezers in SW London have never taken any of the restrictions seriously

Menu

It's still essentially a joke to him. You can tell from the smirk that appears every now and then, and his banter in Parliament. A big joke for his old public school friends. I can't think of a former PM who wouldn't look absolutely crushed by now - and I hated most of them.

Jasha

Looking rather bald in between the birds nest barnet

olliebean

Quote from: Jasha on December 22, 2020, 03:48:43 AM
Looking rather bald in between the birds nest barnet

How dare you. His hair is prospering mightily.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: olliebean on December 22, 2020, 08:34:12 AM
How dare you. His hair is prospering mightily.
His dad is second only to Trump for hair fakery. Boris is on the train to domesville. Although he could always embrace the John Otway look if he wants to keep the buffoonish vibe.

George Oscar Bluth II

How much money did SARS-CoV-2 donate to the Conservative Party, exactly? It's the only explanation for this shit.

buttgammon

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 22, 2020, 02:03:13 PM
How much money did SARS-CoV-2 donate to the Conservative Party, exactly? It's the only explanation for this shit.

That's Lord SARS-CoV-2 to you!