Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tier Four

Started by Chedney Honks, December 19, 2020, 02:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMillions more people in the east and south east of England are to enter tier 4 on Boxing Day, the health secretary has announced.

The areas entering tier four include Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, Matt Hancock said.

Hampshire, with the exception of the New Forest, and the parts of Essex and Surrey not already in the toughest restrictions will also enter tier four.

I'm not surprised that Oxfordshire has gone into tier 4 given the rise in cases in Oxford. I know many areas outside of Oxford are doing ok but I suppose there is quite a lot of movement between them and Oxford.

I'm surprised Swindon is still in tier 3.

Alberon

Got to leave something back to announce next week.

Fambo Number Mive

My area is now purple, which came as a surprise. It now has the second highest rolling rate in Oxfordshire. The bus goes past my window and I notice that while people mostly wear masks they don't leave much space between each other, often bunching up at the back.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 23, 2020, 05:11:16 PM
My area is now purple, which came as a surprise.

You want to get that looked at.

the

Coming out of the first lockdown, my area was in Tier 2.

That worked, because due to a rise in cases, special measures were introduced (ie. closing the pubs early).

That worked, as we went into a second (pretendy) lockdown.

That worked, as we came out of that freshly up to Tier 3.

That worked, as we're now about to step up to Tier 4.

When the last FOUR changes made to restrictions were followed by a further escalation of restriction level, doesn't the phrase FUCKING INEFFECTUAL start flashing on a control panel somewhere?

Bence Fekete

But the economy (that we just tanked)!

Alberon

Quote from: the on December 31, 2020, 11:27:38 AM
When the last FOUR changes made to restrictions were followed by a further escalation of restriction level, doesn't the phrase FUCKING INEFFECTUAL start flashing on a control panel somewhere?

It did, but they fixed that by taking the bulb out.

the

Quote from: Alberon on December 31, 2020, 04:56:28 PMIt did, but they fixed that by taking the bulb out.

Is "taking the bulb out" the new name for PMQs

Menu