Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:37:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pinstripe Spiv Cunt London Mayor Bid

Started by Povidone, December 20, 2020, 02:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Pinstripe Spiv Cunt London Mayor Bid
It's the end of the world as we know it...

Jumblegraws

Quote from: sevendaughters on March 31, 2021, 11:02:36 AM
yes! the xmas party at Worcestershire CCC (used to live near) was being headlined by the Jazz Spivs and i earnestly whatsapped my mates and was like "is this ok?" and they said spiv was just a normal word, nothing wrong with it at all.
Quote from: idunnosomename on March 31, 2021, 11:07:34 AM
Etymology: Origin obscure: perhaps < spiff v.2, spiffy adj.
Compare also the nickname of Henry 'Spiv' Bagster, London newspaper seller and petty criminal (b. 1883), although the reason for the nickname is uncertain. Bagster's court appearances for loitering, theft, assault, and selling counterfeit goods are reported in the national newspapers between 1903 and 1906. The nickname is recorded from 1904.
Yeah, I've known for a while now that it most likely has an innocent etymology, but something about the way it sounds and it's used always gives me a jolt of uneasiness. Maybe I'm some sort of word racist. Or an idiot.

Paul Calf

Johnny Yesno

PlanktonSideburns

Blue Jam

https://mobile.twitter.com/LondonRealTV/status/1376534617763704835

EDIT: Damn, saw idunnosomename posted this earlier but fucking hell, this merits more discussion. Those punches don't look too strong, terrible technique, reckon Lozza Fox could have him. Reckon Lozza could achieve a KO with his smell alone.

Kankurette

I did boxercise classes and I can punch better than him.